GDT: X l "Crazy Eyes" l EDM @ MTL l 10.22.13 l 5:30PM l SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
as far as tonights game, montreal is actually one of the few teams that seems to be willing to play the same game as the oilers... so who knows, we might actually win

I hope so. The team has had a few days off after a lot of hockey in such a short amount of time. If they don't come out firing, I won't know what to think anymore.

The team needs this, big time. Hell they need to win every game they can get to climb back to .500. It seems so far away. :cry:

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
The Oilers deserve every second of mockery and derision that they get. If they want to stop the booing, the laughing, the lack of respect, and the general sense of disgust from everyone then they need to win games.

It's as simple as that.

Eller can say what he wants because what will the Oilers do about? Draft a lottery pick again?

I'm telling you though, if this team ever starts getting it's crap together then I am going to become the most annoying fan ever. I'm going to make the lives of my Canuck fan friends a living hell to watch games with as I mock, deride, annoy and hate on everything they do while gloating about how awesome my Oilers are.

One day this team will be good again (no idea how many years that might be) and when it does, I'm going to have YEARS of crap to unload on people and I won't feel bad about it for a moment.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
he's right, this team has been pathetic for years.

Fixed. This team deserves every bit of vitriol thrown its way. The joke of the NHL. It kills me so much to say that but it's true and until they get their **** together they will continue to be laughed at.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
The Oilers deserve every second of mockery and derision that they get. If they want to stop the booing, the laughing, the lack of respect, and the general sense of disgust from everyone then they need to win games.

It's as simple as that.

Eller can say what he wants because what will the Oilers do about? Draft a lottery pick again?

I'm telling you though, if this team ever starts getting it's crap together then I am going to become the most annoying fan ever. I'm going to make the lives of my Canuck fan friends a living hell to watch games with as I mock, deride, annoy and hate on everything they do while gloating about how awesome my Oilers are.

One day this team will be good again (no idea how many years that might be) and when it does, I'm going to have YEARS of crap to unload on people and I won't feel bad about it for a moment.

This is exactly how i feel. winning teams should bask in glory. losing teams should be treated like losers.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
If I'm the coach I chop that down to the maybe 30 seconds and have it on repeat as guys walk into the room tonight. I expect after that comment the Oilers come out flying.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Kreuger spent all of last year talking about how the players would drop the systems at the drop of a hat, and would only buy in for short stretches after a string of losses.

It's the problem with letting the immates run the asylum, fair comment from Eller there.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Kreuger spent all of last year talking about how the players would drop the systems at the drop of a hat, and would only buy in for short stretches after a string of losses.

It's the problem with letting the immates run the asylum, fair comment from Eller there.

Well maybe its time to move some of he inmates old and bring in some of the old guard(vets)!

Last edited:

Craig MacAtaracts

Visually...
Mar 11, 2013
I have no problem with Eller's comments. It's true, we do play a loose system - when done right it's not necessarily a negative thing. He also said they needed to respect our skilled players.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Wrong_ball-kick.gif

Aaarrrrrgghhh! My groin!

Also love how both players hit the ground after, even the kicker haha.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I have no problem with Eller's comments. It's true, we do play a loose system, and that's not necessarily a negative thing. He also said they needed to respect our skilled players.

A loose system is putting it nicely, we've had no system for awhile. Our system includes "ok guys, we're down by 2 let's go score some goals now".

Eakins is trying to bring in more systems play, but it's a tough adjustment when you've been free to do as you please for awhile.

McspOiler

Feb 27, 2012
Victoria, BC
A loose system is putting it nicely, we've had no system for awhile. Our system includes "ok guys, we're down by 2 let's go score some goals now".

Eakins is trying to bring in more systems play, but it's a tough adjustment when you've been free to do as you please for awhile.

I disagree i think the reason we actually have decent 5v5 numbers this year is because we now do have some system play. I just feel that the defensive side of the system is taking longer to learn and its a curve. I honestly buy into stauffers bull we will be a much better team after the 30 game mark.

The Perfect Human*

Eller nailed the hammer on the head. It's disgraceful how players are calling out this team - it's because they know there's no way we can do anything about it.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I disagree i think the reason we actually have decent 5v5 numbers this year is because we now do have some system play. I just feel that the defensive side of the system is taking longer to learn and its a curve. I honestly buy into stauffers bull we will be a much better team after the 30 game mark.
Most of the team is learning how to play like every game matters. They use to just be allowed to go play a game and get ice cream win or lose.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Eller nailed the hammer on the head. It's disgraceful how players are calling out this team - it's because they know there's no way we can do anything about it.

I really don't get how people think he's calling anything out with his comment. This is really grasping at straws. He was asked what he thought and tried to best describe how we play. I really don't get where the negative spin on his comment comes from.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007

Now that I've actually had a chance to listen to the interview (after commenting on it beforehand, of course), Eller made some good points and certainly isn't wrong when it comes to the Oilers.

Q: What kind of game can we expect (as opposed to the Preds)
A: It's hard to say with this team, it can be anything, they play a bit like a junior team sometimes. They take a lot of risks and lots of chances.They are a little all over the place. There isn't a lot of structure in their game always. Could be anything.

A solid team identity is something this team hasn't had in a long time.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
I'm expecting a really good game from Pitlick. I think he was pretty rattled he didn't make the team out of camp when he should have.

The Perfect Human*

I really don't get how people think he's calling anything out with his comment. This is really grasping at straws. He was asked what he thought and tried to best describe how we play. I really don't get where the negative spin on his comment comes from.

Sorry, I worded my comment wrong.

There's nothing wrong with what Eller did. It's just disgraceful that this team can do nothing to prove him wrong.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I went to vote at Evansdale elementary school yesterday. I noticed a poster that said it's Thanksgiving, and we're not turkeys.

Got a good laugh when I noticed, amongst all the other pictures drawn on the poster, good ol' DD.

Good job Evansdale school! :laugh:

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab

Total opposite, we are too system oriented right now. A high flying team tends to run best under the same type of system as in basketball. You get the defensive stops, you can improvise on the other end, you allow a scoring chance, well then you go down and play the system your team has set out. Of course the third and fourth liners need to stick with the system regardless, but your scorers should have the need to improvise.

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
Total opposite, we are too system oriented right now. A high flying team tends to run best under the same type of system as in basketball. You get the defensive stops, you can improvise on the other end, you allow a scoring chance, well then you go down and play the system your team has set out. Of course the third and fourth liners need to stick with the system regardless, but your scorers should have the need to improvise.

I think it really just boils down to chemistry and confidence within the parameters of said system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad