Jul 29, 2013
Edmonton
Wrong_ball-kick.gif

A most beautiful summary. :laugh:

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
Eller's comments are totally fair. He's the type of player and personality that the oilers lack. Difference between a winning and proud franchise vs a bunch of losers. Which unfortunately is what the Oilers have become.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Eller's comments are totally fair. He's the type of player and personality that the oilers lack. Difference between a winning and proud franchise vs a bunch of losers. Which unfortunately is what the Oilers have become.

Oh brother. :shakehead What have the Habs won in the past two decades?

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003

Speaking of loser franchises...

image.php

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Oh brother. :shakehead What have the Habs won in the past two decades?

Won their division just last season, multiple playoff rounds not too long ago.
Eller is right and is just saying what everybody else already knows. The blueprint has been out on the Oilers for years now.
It would be nice if the Oilers shut up the critics for a change but until then, they deserve to be mocked.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Eller is right and is just saying what everybody else already knows. The blueprint has been out on the Oilers for years now.

So absolutely nothing of substance, then.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
You could say that about every team in the league basically. The Oilers shouldn't be the measuring stick of success.

I know. I'm just saying that it's not like Eller is throwing stones from a glass house.
What the Oilers need to do is start winning and shut up the critics but until then, it shouldn't be surprising that players mock them (This is more in reply to Moose Coleman than you).

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
I know. I'm just saying that it's not like Eller is throwing stones from a glass house.
What the Oilers need to do is start winning and shut up the critics but until then, it shouldn't be surprising that players mock them (This is more in reply to Moose Coleman than you).

Agreed.

In regards to the comment, it's not too often a player runs their mouth about an opposing team like that.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Is this Bob Stauffer? Or are you an unpaid oilers apologist? The habs have out-performed the oilers in every possible way over the last 2 decades. Don't let denial cloud your judgement

Yes, their single trip to the conference finals in that span was truly a towering achievement that dwarfs losing in the final game of the SCF.

Anyway, I'm not arguing the Oilers are good because, duh, they aren't. But if I'm going to aspire to be a team, I'd set the bar a wee bit higher than the Habs.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
It would be nice if the Oilers shut up the critics for a change but until then, they deserve to be mocked.

I totally agree, and its embarassing as a fan. You see the Avs and Flames and Leafs looking great. But it's the same old oilers just piling up the losses, dishing out minimal effort, getting hurt all the time

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
Yes, their single trip to the conference finals in that span was truly a towering achievement that dwarfs losing in the final game of the SCF.

Anyway, I'm not arguing the Oilers are good because, duh, they aren't. But if I'm going to aspire to be a team, I'd set the bar a wee bit higher than the Habs.

in the habs-oil gdt, makes sense to compare the two teams

They make the playoffs far more often than not. To me that smells a lot more like success than the oilers track record.

The oilers sit alone on the bottom rung. Every other team is looking down and chuckling

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
in the habs-oil gdt, makes sense to compare the two teams

They make the playoffs far more often than not. To me that smells a lot more like success than the oilers track record.

The oilers sit alone on the bottom rung. Every other team is looking down and chuckling

It's interesting: since the Habs won in all in '93 they've made the playoffs 12 times and missed 7. The Oilers in that same span? 12 seasons out, 7 in. Mirror image. Weird.

Oct 15, 2008

Maybe we should start with the Flames?

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
You can't honestly think that moving from wing to wing is the same change as moving from wing to center can you? I never said it wouldn't be a challenge, just that it gets used as a crutch too often. Even if the little details are off like catching a pass or shooting from weird angles, hopefully he can still create offensive opportunities by winning battles and going around players.

no. I'm not saying that at all.

I used hall as an example as quite a few people said with his talent and drive he wouldn't have much of a problem switching to centre.
He was not very good at it, to say the least.

I'm just saying it might not be as easy to switch any position as you said it was, even if it is just switching wings as opposed to switching to C.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Agreed.

In regards to the comment, it's not too often a player runs their mouth about an opposing team like that.

It seems to have happened enough in the past few years when it comes to playing the Oilers.
fair enough. the Oilers deserve the mocking. you don't want to be made fun of, then play good hockey and get some wins. maybe even be a .500 team at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad