X. General Stars Talk Marks the Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bkennedy*

This is all without me posting stupid stuff during the summer, too.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Seguin was sixth in Hart voting? Good on him. Also robbed of the Byng because of his late season penalties and misconducts :laugh:

________

Feb 6, 2006
"The second thing was I started to realize how good our dressing room is. We got great character in that dressing room. We have leaders. We've got guys that don't quit and once we started, Lindy and I, to realize that, we knew that there's something special within this group of guys and we just need to keep giving them direction, helping them grow and keep filling the right holes at the right places," Nill said.

"Going through the playoffs in the American Hockey League, it's like adding half a season to their resumes. It's some tense hockey. So we're happy. The other thing that makes us excited is the young kids played major roles in them winning the championship," Nill said. "It's a good sprinkling of veterans and young players, and the young players, they pulled their weight, which was very important."

"We're excited. I'm cautiously excited. I respect the game and how tough it is to win. It doesn't matter what sport you're in, at the elite level, it's very hard to win. I'm excited where we've come from. I'm excited where we're going, but I'm cautiously optimistic too," Nill said. "You can't sit back. You can't get comfortable. We've got to get better. We're going to push the players harder and get better as a team."

Link

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Sadly I did. It's too bad really, but there were some amazing players going when we've been at our best.

Absolutely.

Some of our boys were definitely hosed though.

I'll use 1999-00 as an example.

Modano received the most 1st place votes of any center with 24, compared to Yzerman's 19 and Sakic's 11. Because of the points system, Yzerman's 28 2nd place votes compared to Modano's 15 gave him enough, and he was named the NHL 1st Team All-Star at center while Modano was named 2nd. Talk about a screw job.

Zubov, well he was just overlooked his entire career. I looked at it and there were certainly a few seasons where he was jobbed as well - not all with us though.

You look at the level of competition they faced though:

Center - Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman, Sakic, Lindros, Forsberg

Defense - Bourque, Leetch, Chelios, Coffey, Macinnis, Stevens, Lidstrom, Pronger

Tough squads to crack in their day.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Eat your heart out Taylor hall. I'm only going to refer to him as "first team all star jamie benn" from now on

Bkennedy*

hQDt2uJ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad