WXYT Report-FAN 590 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexSen

Nov 20, 2003
Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
ti-vite said:
NHLPA player: dials phone number.
Automated answering service:' Welcome to the NHLPA crisis hotline. If you make more than 3M$ per season pres 1 followed by the pound key and Bob will take your call. If you make less than the league average, stay online someone will be with you shortly...(cue eternal lounge music)...your call is being ordered...'

NHLPA player: 1#

Automated answering service:' If you are calling wondering how we can possibly get a better deal in 4 months from now, press 1 followed by the pound key, if you would like to hear Brian McCabe rant of the day, press 2 followed by the pound key, for a conversation about partnership, press 3 followed by the pound key and you will be forwarded to Trevor Lindens cellular phone'.

NHLPA player: 1#

Automated answering service: 'One moment please'...(cue eternal lounge music)....
your call is important tous, please stay online...(cue eternal lounge music)...we are presently experiencing some technical difficulties, please call again.'

121 posts into your "career" here at the HF boards and you've managed to throw down the funniest post ever. Absolutely awesome!

Congratulations!

Come on! Where's the love for this hilarious post??????????? :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Digger12 said:
I dunno...IMO there is a VERY slim window to submit an offer that had better be very close to the owners' last offer, for the players' sake. For next season only, of course. This season's done, we've all had our crying jag over that.

No way... That 42,5 deal is officially of the table... IF the players might come to Bettman and ask for THAT deal within the next 24 hours, than they might still get it... but only in connection with a 28-game-season this year. IF there is no NHL hockey this season, the owners (and they made that very clear) are not willing to take any risks as they don´t know how big the hit they suffer because of the lost season will be. Every agreement from that point (no 04-05 season) on will include linkage...

just my 2 cents!

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Thunderstruck said:
I wonder if the league will throw them a face saving bone and raise the cap a little or force them to get on both knees by making them come back at 42.5.

Could depend on whether Goodenow is invloved.

43.5 million so they players are not obliged to eat sh*t with both hands.

No "indexing" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) clause. And that provision which allows a team paying luxury tax to deduct it from its revenue-sharing contribution is out as well.

Then watch the players stampede to vote yes.

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
417 TO MTL said:
If this supposed mutiny is true...it's the best move the players have done during this whole lockout...

The players should take the 42.5 million offer and run...the NBA a league which makes alot more money has a cap at 44 million and they're heading towards a CBA war...

The NBA has 1/2 as many players, just incase you forgot

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
417 TO MTL said:
The players should take the 42.5 million offer and run...the NBA a league which makes alot more money has a cap at 44 million and they're heading towards a CBA war...

Yeah, but for NBA players that is easier to swallow, as an NBA roster is only half and NHL roster... so everybody gets a bigger peace of the cake ;)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Balej20 said:
The players themselves have done nothing wrong here...it's the heads of the union that have. Goodenow, Linden, Saskin, Guerin, etc. Leaving their players out in the dark, its a joke.

Yeah, that's what I meant

hockeyscribe22*

Whoever's talking right now on Fan 590

is convinced this isn't over!

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
Balej20 said:
The players themselves have done nothing wrong here...it's the heads of the union that have. Goodenow, Linden, Saskin, Guerin, etc. Leaving their players out in the dark, its a joke.

That is exactly what I am thinking. I hope for the players and those that make a living on this sport that they work something out soon so that the Lockout is over and planning can start for next season.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Drury_Sakic said:
What could be both a good sign.. or a bad sign is that the Big Media(ESPN, TSN, Sportsnet) are staying 10 miles away from this..

Meaning..

Good- They have not discredited it..

Bad- They have not given any credit to it..

Where is Panger...?

Where is the Big media?

Or are they trying not to jinx any possible improbable movement?

Maybe they are being asked to stay away to not get everyone's hopes up. I can come up with no other reason why big media wouldn't even mention the rumours.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
CaptainShark said:
Yeah, but for NBA players that is easier to swallow, as an NBA roster is only half and NHL roster... so everybody gets a bigger peace of the cake ;)

I realize that, but as you said, everybody get a bigger piece of the cake, but that "cake" is only 44 million..that's the point i'm trying to make...42.5 is already a stretch...if teams like my beloved Montreal Canadiens who lead the league in attendance and have a TV deal, are one of the leagues flagship franchises, yet they still lose money...

Balej20*

Anyone who can tune into the FAN, WFAN 660 in New York...Bob Goodenow is gonna be on at 5...his first radio appearance in NY. Theyve been tyring to get him for months now. Should be great

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
He was on last night (he called in) and said that he got a call from someone very moch in the know on this (sorry for doubting you Sparty) and that it wasn't over yet. This is just crazy.

Flyers Hockey

Feb 17, 2005
Balej20 said:
Anyone who can tune into the FAN, WFAN 660 in New York...Bob Goodenow is gonna be on at 5...his first radio appearance in NY. Theyve been tyring to get him for months now. Should be great
It is impossible to listen to that clown without tossing your radio across the room.

Jarqui

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
Once they all arrived in the incredibly stupid place that they did yesterday, they probably just all woke up to more idiocy today. Makes sense.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Chuck Shick said:
According to Fan 590 Shanahan just turned down an interview with 1270 WXYT out of Detroit because it could jeopardize talks ???

Can Anyone confirm this ?

Here's what *might have* happened.

"Hi Brendan, this is Bill Thompson, sports director here at 1270 WXYT in Detroit."

"Hi Bill."

"Brendan the reason I am calling is because we'd like to get you on the air this morning to get your reaction to the cancellation of the season."

"Actually Bill this is not a good time for me, my wife is insisting on waffles this morning and I'm trying to convice her that bacon is more in order. If I do an interview right now there's no chance in hell I'll get my bacon. Giving an interview will jeopordize the negotiation going on here."

"WOW! I didn't really listen to anything but the last sentance here but say no more! We'll talk soon. Godspeed Brendan."

Old Hickory

Balej20 said:
they don't have a listen live option on their website. Can you give us a recap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->