WXYT Report-FAN 590 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
This season is done. It would be interesting to see if a CBA is signed for next season, and then from here on out, its all towards hyping up next year.

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
Guys ...

its over.

There's going to be no miracle, the 11th hour is passed.

I believe it's over, too. As much as I would love to see a miracle take place and the season saved, it's just not going to happen.

BUT, if these talks are real, and they can get a deal done that will guarantee the start of the 2005-06 season and end this stupidity once and for all, I would be OK with it. Hell, it beats the alternative of starting from square one and going through this nonsense all over again!

Calorissi

Jan 16, 2004
Manotick
Current rumours aside, I believe that the NHL's proposed season would start March 5th. Leaving one week for a training camp, and a week for contract negotiations etc, oh ya there are a couple of extra days as well.

If (big, huge, improbable IF) a deal can be reached before the end of the weekend, they could still get that fake, half-season off.

ResidentAlien*

ChiHawks468 said:
I think his blog has BREAKING information on SPORTS and although it is a .BLOG it's SPOT in the world seems to be .COMing along nicely.

lol..very creative

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I'm listening to the Fan and all I'm hearing are about this are words like 'unsubstantiated', 'unfounded' and 'ridiculous'.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
jratelle19 said:
Hell, it beats the alternative of starting from square one and going through this nonsense all over again!

And I'd wager that more than a few agents and players are thinking the exact same thing. If I were them I'd be horrified and disgusted at the prospect of having to drag this **** out from the beginning all over again.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
NHLPA player: dials phone number.
Automated answering service:' Welcome to the NHLPA crisis hotline. If you make more than 3M$ per season pres 1 followed by the pound key and Bob will take your call. If you make less than the league average, stay online someone will be with you shortly...(cue eternal lounge music)...your call is being ordered...'

NHLPA player: 1#

Automated answering service:' If you are calling wondering how we can possibly get a better deal in 4 months from now, press 1 followed by the pound key, if you would like to hear Brian McCabe rant of the day, press 2 followed by the pound key, for a conversation about partnership, press 3 followed by the pound key and you will be forwarded to Trevor Lindens cellular phone'.

NHLPA player: 1#

Automated answering service: 'One moment please'...(cue eternal lounge music)....
your call is important tous, please stay online...(cue eternal lounge music)...we are presently experiencing some technical difficulties, please call again.'

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
Digger12 said:
And I'd wager that more than a few agents and players are thinking the exact same thing. If I were them I'd be horrified and disgusted at the prospect of having to drag this **** out from the beginning all over again.

:handclap: These people who are saying it's over and we should move on don't seem to realize that if momentum isn't carried forward, we won't have hockey next year either.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
What could be both a good sign.. or a bad sign is that the Big Media(ESPN, TSN, Sportsnet) are staying 10 miles away from this..

Meaning..

Good- They have not discredited it..

Bad- They have not given any credit to it..

Where is Panger...?

Where is the Big media?

Or are they trying not to jinx any possible improbable movement?

SENSible1*

I wonder if the league will throw them a face saving bone and raise the cap a little or force them to get on both knees by making them come back at 42.5.

Could depend on whether Goodenow is invloved.

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
ODC said:
Guys ...

its over.

There's going to be no miracle, the 11th hour is passed.

Go outside and go for a walk or a jog. Go read that book. Go to a coffee shop and pick up a chick. Get hammered with some friends.

Stop beating rumour, our dead horse. :deadhorse

It is not over. The lockout continues...as long as their is talks there still is a chance for next season...I would rather hear this now than wait unitl spring of next year for them to even start discussions. If anything comes of this in terms of saving next season I say all the power to them.

Balej20*

Thunderstruck said:
I wonder if the league will throw them a face saving bone and raise the cap a little or force them to get on both knees by making them come back at 42.5.

Could depend on whether Goodenow is invloved.

they should hold firm with their 42.5 offer.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
People dispelling this rumor simply because the season was cancelled are being a little short-sighted.

While it's true that it's probably too late to save THIS season, I think a lot of the players heard some alarm bells yesterday. If enough guys come to their senses, they'll realize that their chances are a lot better NOW of getting a deal that's at least somewhat beneficial to them..than if they wait until August. Right now, they realize enough owners want some certainty as to next season...and that could play to the players advantage in taking a deal. Come August-September, there's likely to be a far less lenient attitude. I don't know if I believe this rumor, but I hope for the players' sake that it's true.

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
oil slick said:
:handclap: These people who are saying it's over and we should move on don't seem to realize that if momentum isn't carried forward, we won't have hockey next year either.
There is no momentum.
The will be starting over from scratch when negotiations begin again.

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
Balej20 said:
they should hold firm with their 42.5 offer.

I agree, they have no reason not to. The 42.5 is 10 mil per team more than what they will likely get the next time the two side sit down.

On a discouraging note, I just heard the FAN590 update while I was typing and they reported NHLers taking shots at Bettman and the owners, but nothing about the "talks".

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
getnziggywidit said:
There is no momentum.
The will be starting over from scratch when negotiations begin again.

I dunno...IMO there is a VERY slim window to submit an offer that had better be very close to the owners' last offer, for the players' sake. For next season only, of course. This season's done, we've all had our crying jag over that.

Any more indexing monkey business, and the players are done...and the owners slap on the manacles in September.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If this supposed mutiny is true...it's the best move the players have done during this whole lockout...

The players should take the 42.5 million offer and run...the NBA a league which makes alot more money has a cap at 44 million and they're heading towards a CBA war...

Balej20*

417 TO MTL said:
If this supposed mutiny is true...it's the best move the players have done during this whole lockout...

The players should take the 42.5 million offer and run...the NBA a league which makes alot more money has a cap at 44 million and they're heading towards a CBA war...

The players themselves have done nothing wrong here...it's the heads of the union that have. Goodenow, Linden, Saskin, Guerin, etc. Leaving their players out in the dark, its a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->