WWE: WWE TV - Raw & Smackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
And the "look" is so coordinated. The personas match the outfits of the talent. The outfits match the mood lighting. The mood lighting matches the rustic styles of the set. The rustic style further matches the idea of "attitude." "Attitude" is matched by what we see in entrance videos. And entrance videos match the songs we hear. The songs we hear match the personas of the talent.

Repeat cycle in endless loop.

Whoever Vince had in charge of this was a f***ing genius. It just breeds an atmosphere of said "hype" and nothing about the product I've seen in years loans itself to any of these concepts

Pretty sure it's largely the same exact team, top to bottom. They just moved away from the sex and violence in favor of family friendly programming. Then the got stuck in between for the last 10 years.

EDIT: Which, don't get me wrong, they could be successful with a more family friendly program. They just ONLY seem to focus on that one aspect, and cater to the kids. Kids are spoiled, kids want merch, parents buy the merch when it's an appropriate product. and so on

Reactions: Kaner9

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They moved Toni, Shotzi, and Nox up because Bayley tore her ACL and Smackdown became really thin

Smackdown keeps on keeping on as the best wrestling show on TV. Also the only wrestling show that pulls 2 million viewers anymore.

Reactions: Jussi

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Nattie is injured. Her leg got caught up when Piper tried to roll her up and had to bail out.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Yeah, it looks fairly serious she couldn't put any weight on it at all going up the ramp. I don't mind stripping them of the title and having a tourney.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Just speed watched last nights raw off the DVR. What a disaster of a main event.

I’ll change my tune if/when Alexa Bliss interferes somehow to help Nikki win the triple threat at Summerslam. Then they run a good v evil program of Nikki v Alexa. It makes too much sense.

Reactions: CaptainCrunch67

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Another dumb face. Bayley is the only one who should trust Sasha.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
That whole contract thing with Cena was beyond stupid. And it makes less sense ( if that's even possible ) for a " good guy " to do this and screw over another " good guy ". Bah - reason #4,659 that the WWE is unwatchable these days. I honestly can't remember the last time I watched a RAW or Smackdown without using FF for about 95% of the show. :thumbd:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That whole contract thing with Cena was beyond stupid. And it makes less sense ( if that's even possible ) for a " good guy " to do this and screw over another " good guy ". Bah - reason #4,659 that the WWE is unwatchable these days. I honestly can't remember the last time I watched a RAW or Smackdown without using FF for about 95% of the show. :thumbd:

I didn't want to see Balor losing to Reigns so I'm fine with him beating Corbin.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Still seems to me they're setting up Balor vs. Reigns for the fall. Cena is not scheduled past summerslam because of his next project except for the MSG house show.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's obvious the CoC match is Roman/Finn.

The segment was very fun, and the money SS match is Roman/Cena.

I love Finn, but even the crowd acknowledged what the money main event is.

Plus sad Corbin has been great. Smackdown is hitting on all fronts. I honestly don't get how the same company writes RAW.

It's two complete different quality shows.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sasha is still mega over. Becky might be the only women more over then her.

They did a great job of getting the crowd to turn on her though. Even so I think best move would be for her to win at Summerslam and have Bianca chase and maybe win it back at the Rumble. Maybe do Bianca/Becky for Mania.

Bianca is still a star though. It's amazing how night and day WWE's women is against the competition.

I am ready for more Black Excellence at Summerslam with Sasha and Bianca

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

the whole time this segment was happening I’m thinking “why is Cena jacking Balors spot? And why is Balor just sitting there allowing it?”

none of this made sense. It was as bad as Goldberg of all people, coming out and just saying he’s getting a title shot.

the two main event title matches for summerslam ladies and gents. Heck of a build!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Raw has literally nothing going for it right now. That was tough to watch, even being able to fast forward most of the breaks

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Great opening segment with Sasha, Bianca, and Zelina Vega

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Dakota Kai and Aliyah have had two matches in front of main roster fans, Friday on Main Event before/after Smackdown and last night before Raw. Based on Youtube videos, Dakota got a good reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad