GDT: WWE Survivor Series (18th November 2018)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Shinsuke is such a huge disappointment on the main roster that he’ll probably still find a way to have a mediocre to average match at best with Seth Rollins.

Prove me wrong, Shinsuke.

Wonder if the plan for Wrestlemania is AJ/Brock
if it's not McIntyre/Brock I can see it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
McIntyre is probably with Strowman I think.
If they can hold off that long, maybe. Probably a better idea to wait. Do McIntyre/Balor after SS, have McIntyre cost Strowman the title at the Rumble or whenever he gets the match, and then build McIntyre up for the title post-WM.

I'm more wondering what they do with heel Bryan for Wrestlemania. There's AJ, there's Rey, there's Jeff and then there's a big drop off on the face side.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
If they can hold off that long, maybe. Probably a better idea to wait. Do McIntyre/Balor after SS, have McIntyre cost Strowman the title at the Rumble or whenever he gets the match, and then build McIntyre up for the title post-WM.

I'm more wondering what they do with heel Bryan for Wrestlemania. There's AJ, there's Rey, there's Jeff and then there's a big drop off on the face side.

The Miz

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Miz is not a good babyface.

A large motivation was Miz telling Bryan that when it matters, he doesn't do what he needs to do to win. Bryan played it nice and lost his first opportunity and did what he needed to do to win the title the second time around vs. AJ.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

They just set up Braun with programs through the Rumble so they’ll be fine.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

A large motivation was Miz telling Bryan that when it matters, he doesn't do what he needs to do to win. Bryan played it nice and lost his first opportunity and did what he needed to do to win the title the second time around vs. AJ.

With, with Bryan heel, I certainly hope Miz won’t turn too.

If anything, Miz should be happy with Bryan. Bryan did what Miz wanted him to do.

Now, I wouldn’t have them be a tag team or whatever, but they should co-exist a little bit, until whenever it’s time for Bryan to turn back face and Miz would be the guy to use as that tool.

Bryan will get strong momentum as a heel, and Miz can be the perfect launch pad when Bryan turns back face, if that makes sense

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Rey Mysterio vs Daniel Bryan at WM. Two big names. Two “little guys” who had success “against the odds”.

I don’t think they’ll do Bryan v Styles again so soon, and I’m not sure Jeff Hardy is the guy you want in that spot, so Rey fits.

OR

They can use the lack of a top face on the SD roster to maybe debut an NXT guy in a big way, or maybe have Bálor win the Rumble and move over.

There options

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
If it's true that Brock is only signed for two more fights (SS and probably Wrestlemania) then that match has to be for the universal title. I would assume it's with Macintyre.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
On Nakamura, I think this is last chance saloon. Sure he has the charisma, but the major appeal to him was the tremendous match quality and potential dream match quotient. And a lot of his motivations to coming to WWE has really been the fact that he can do less and stay over and lower his work rate, but he had trouble staying over and as a heel hasn't generated much heat, although he hasn't had much chance to. He only kind of has been shuffled around and lost two title matches and now holds one that doesn't mean anything. With the AJ feud now long in the past, if he's not going to have a great match with Seth - who has been the best in-ring performer in the company for just over a year, then what are we doing here? When's the time to go off and simply put the best match together you can? This is the final chance he has to put his best foot forward and show he really is one of the best in the world.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I have zero faith in Shinsuke. None.

Of the recent major signings, I think he’s the biggest disappointment. For all the hype, he’s up there with Mistico as the biggest bust imho.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
The big problem with these "dream matches" is that without a storyline, they never work. And this has zero storyline.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London

Not saying the Miz is a good babyface, but that won't necessarily stop them. Seems like that's where they're going is the two facing off for the title.

And who's to say they won't turn Bryan back before Wrestlemania? Again, maybe not the best call, but..

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Not saying the Miz is a good babyface, but that won't necessarily stop them. Seems like that's where they're going is the two facing off for the title.

And who's to say they won't turn Bryan back before Wrestlemania? Again, maybe not the best call, but..
Well rumours for Wrestlemania were that Bryan would have faced Shane, so that Bryan/Miz story was over and done with.

Bryan was pushing for the heel turn so I doubt they flip him back within 4 months, and Miz was a complete and utter failure as a face last time a few years ago and nothing points to them turning him face or that Bryan/Miz will be a thing moving forward.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Actually intrigued by this card. Stupid Chicago Bears being good flexed them into the primetime Sunday night game against the Vikings. It's my week to host the boys for football...

:help:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I have zero faith in Shinsuke. None.

Of the recent major signings, I think he’s the biggest disappointment. For all the hype, he’s up there with Mistico as the biggest bust imho.

I think he's been great. It's just that the WWE hasn't had anything for him to do since AJ. Everyone loved it when he turned heel. It's just like Wyatt...fans loved the turn, but Vince didn't want to listen and Shinsuke died on the vine.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think he's been great. It's just that the WWE hasn't had anything for him to do since AJ. Everyone loved it when he turned heel. It's just like Wyatt...fans loved the turn, but Vince didn't want to listen and Shinsuke died on the vine.
All of his matches are extremely underwhelming, including AJ. He didn’t impress me much in NXT either aside from his matches with Zayn and Balor.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
If it's medically possible for her to do it, I would like to see Becky come out to ringside during Ronda vs Charlotte match, cause a distraction and slip Charlotte a chair so she can use it to beat Ronda. And/Or do something similar during the women's SS match that would result in Nia getting eliminated. I think the pop for those would be huge.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would have Becky take out Nia altogether. That you could do without getting physical.

Ronda shouldn't lose until Wrestlemania.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would have Becky take out Nia altogether. That you could do without getting physical.

Ronda shouldn't lose until Wrestlemania.

Easy decision to have Ronda go over. Gives more fuel for Charlotte/Becky for the rest of the year and you want Ronda unbeaten when she faces and loses to The Man.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
10v10 Survivor Series Tag Team Match - Pre-Show​
20181112_SurvivorSeries_RawTag--816a515bc893ffa214c801b875a95d94.jpg

Gable & Roode, The Ascension, The B-Team, The Revival, Lucha House Party, & The Ascension
vs
The Usos, The New Day, Sanity, The Club, & The Colóns

Ascension double-booked? #workhorses

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad