WWE superstar Elias chirps the city of Toronto and the Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
FYI I was reading Elias did the same thing in Philly since he's from Pittsburgh and talked about Crosby and all that to boos. So yeah wrestlers do this all the time to provoke the crowd. It's hilarious.

Reactions: New Jersey

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Nice.

My favorite sports-related cheap-heat moments are

1. The Rock's song in Sacramento - "I'll be sure to be back when the Lakers beat the Kings in May" got the best reaction
2. Right after the Seattle Sonics moved, they did a show in Seattle where Santino came out to talk about his new favorite sports team, "the Oklahoma Thunders!"
3. Kenzo Suzuki singing New York, New York in Boston during the 2004 baseball playoffs

Reactions: BonMorrison

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Nice.

My favorite sports-related cheap-heat moments are

1. The Rock's song in Sacramento - "I'll be sure to be back when the Lakers beat the Kings in May" got the best reaction
2. Right after the Seattle Sonics moved, they did a show in Seattle where Santino came out to talk about his new favorite sports team, "the Oklahoma Thunders!"
3. Kenzo Suzuki singing New York, New York in Boston during the 2004 baseball playoffs

Not heat but wholesome moment nonetheless:

Reactions: SUX2BU

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Why people (mainly people across the pond) watch WWE - a scripted soap opera on stage performed by jacked dudes on steroids, I’ll never figure out.
-””You slept with my sister!”
-”Nu-uh, it was your cousin and mother, your sister slept with ol Skeeter in the Ooh house!”
-”Oh youre gonna get it now!” (big guy #1 fake-slaps big guy #2 near his face)
-”You little sh*t, take this!” (Big guy #2 Fake-throws the other big guy onto some pillows)

-” Silence both of yall! You both slept with my brother last week! Im here to punish you!” (ol Skeeter the punisher enters, while the crowd screams ”Kick their asses ol skeeter for what they did to your brother!”)

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Funny clip.......and Trish is still looking damn good.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Monday night, wrestling's top stars were in Toronto for Raw and the one and only Elias fired some shots at the city of Toronto, but more specifically the Leafs and John Tavares.

https://www.bardown.com/wwe-superst...eafs-and-the-city-of-toronto-on-raw-1.1163943

John Tavares chirp at 1:00
Maple Leafs chirp at 2:40
It's sad this is news. Elias is a heel or "bad guy", his gimmick is to sing terribly and trash the city he's in. Since the WWE's 2nd biggest PPV SummerSlam is moving from Brooklyn (it's been there for 4 years and the move was announced Monday) to Toronto and Tavares just made the same move, it was just too perfect not to take the shot. Tuesday night a female heel tag-team The IInonics, took a shot at the Raptors. Corey Graves, the heel commentator always takes shots at the Leafs everytime they have a show in Toronto too. I don't think he said anything Monday other than laughing about the Leafs, but Tuesday when Big E came out with a small Stanley Cup filled with pancakes Graves brought up 1967. The last time they were in Cleveland they compared LaBron to The Miz because "he left Cleveland for Hollywood". Something of this nature is a common occurrence.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Why people (mainly people across the pond) watch WWE - a scripted soap opera on stage performed by jacked dudes on steroids, I’ll never figure out.
-””You slept with my sister!”
-”Nu-uh, it was your cousin and mother, your sister slept with ol Skeeter in the Ooh house!”
-”Oh youre gonna get it now!” (big guy #1 fake-slaps big guy #2 near his face)
-”You little sh*t, take this!” (Big guy #2 Fake-throws the other big guy onto some pillows)

-” Silence both of yall! You both slept with my brother last week! Im here to punish you!” (ol Skeeter the punisher enters, while the crowd screams ”Kick their asses ol skeeter for what they did to your brother!”)

Doing fake wrestling dialogue is literally so easy to do funny and this is the best you could do.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Love it!

They had to get Trish to defend Toronto's honor though? Couldn't they get Edge or Christian out there?

Isn't Jericho Toronto a Toronto native as well? I forget.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I appreciate that :naughty:

nice one :laugh:

pittsburghpenguinsvnewjerseydevilsl1lxs1vvo15l.jpg

el-I-iss, or EL-i-ahzz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad