GDT: WWE SummerSlam (19th August 2018) - Fourth Time is the Charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Brock ain’t beating Cormier anyways
No chance. I was convinced DC would crumble against Stipe but the KO power in his hands is Roy Nelson/Johnny Hendricks levels of stupid. Brock will get tagged after blowing up on the ground for two rounds.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
No chance. I was convinced DC would crumble against Stipe but the KO power in his hands is Roy Nelson/Johnny Hendricks levels of stupid. Brock will get tagged after blowing up on the ground for two rounds.
people always seem to underestimate him but Cormier is legit one of the GOATs. His only losses were tainted because they came against a cheat.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
@Pinkfloyd never ever was Ambrose/Rollins pointless. That was the fall out of The Shield split and Rollins won the briefcase midway through when Kane cost Ambrose. Then Rollins curb stomped him through the cinderblocks and when Ambrose returned they picked up where it left off. It really wasn’t pointless at all imo. It was because The Shield split.

Yeah but it being the Shield split didn't make any of the matches that they had one on one have a point because they didn't until Rollins was champion. By pointless, I mean having stakes involved. There were storyline purposes of course but nothing was ever on the line one-on-one.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah but it being the Shield split didn't make any of the matches that they had one on one have a point because they didn't until Rollins was champion. By pointless, I mean having stakes involved. There were storyline purposes of course but nothing was ever on the line one-on-one.
No, but that doesn't make it pointless imo. It doesn't need stakes to have a point. Two guys can just want to kill each other and it won't be pointless. Ciampa/Gargano the first time wasn't pointless. Austin/HHH at NWO '01 wasn't pointless because it had no stakes.

That's the way I see it. Two guys wanting to kill each other isn't pointless if there's a good backstory.

Strowman/Owens is completely pointless though. There's very little reasoning to this as far as I know. Strowman's just randomly wanted to kill him since he moved to Raw, I guess? I dunno. The briefcase being on the line is forcing stakes imo.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
No, but that doesn't make it pointless imo. It doesn't need stakes to have a point. Two guys can just want to kill each other and it won't be pointless. Ciampa/Gargano the first time wasn't pointless. Austin/HHH at NWO '01 wasn't pointless because it had no stakes.

That's the way I see it. Two guys wanting to kill each other isn't pointless if there's a good backstory.

Strowman/Owens is completely pointless though. There's very little reasoning to this as far as I know. Strowman's just randomly wanted to kill him since he moved to Raw, I guess? I dunno. The briefcase being on the line is forcing stakes imo.

If they're just wanting to kill each other over and over again yet nothing is ever on the line to legitimately resolve it then it's a pointless feud to me.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Bold prediction- Shayna Baszler interferes in one of the woman's title matches.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Good luck everyone sitting through this tomorrow, we're in for a long night...
Since wrestling isn't in the mainstream media, it's pretty easy to ignore spoilers if you PVR it and watch it in multiple sittings. Then again, since the pre-show starts at 3 my time, I can more easily spread it out over the evening than someone on the east coast

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
this is gonna be way too long lol. im glad its starting an hour early. I cant be assed leaving the house but im tempted to take up an offer to watch it at a friends so im more likely not to fall asleep XD

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This show can go either way TBH.

Styles/Joe
Rousey/Bliss
Mella/Becky/Flair
Miz/Bryan
Balor/Corbin
Rollins/Ziggler
Cedric/Gulak

All could be quality matches in their own right.

Brock/Reigns, NewDay/Haper&Rowan, Braun/Owens, Hardy/Nakamura are all pretty meh but could always surprise.

Even the pre-show has potential as long as The Revival wins, and the mixed tag match is given time.

Reactions: The Gongshow

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm trying to keep my expectations low for Joe/AJ given how AJ/Nakamura turned out (although their matches got better each time so who knows)

Rollins/Ziggler should be a good match but those two have been putting on really underwhelming stuff so I'm skipping that match, I bet it opens the show.

I'm also hoping Miz/Bryan tells a good story at the very least.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Guess this is tonight. Hoping we finally see the end of Lesnar's title reign. If that happens then 1 huge problem for the WWE will be fixed.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Main show at 7 right?

Might put the pre-show on in the background, Rusev/Almas and HOPEFULLY see Revival win the titles could be alright

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Remember when Rusev and Almas had good wwe title matches ? Rewarded with a kickoff match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->