GDT: WWE SummerSlam (19th August 2018) - Fourth Time is the Charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Thing with KO cashing in is we already saw him feud with Roman and Seth over this belt and it wasn’t that great in ring.

The only saving grace was the Jericho slow burn, which we don’t have now.

They should have turned Finn heel and reformed Bullet Club. At least that would have been somewhat new.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Joe wins the title
Roman does not walk out with the belt
Rousey beats Alexa
Carmella retains (Becky and Charlotte will become a tag team)
Alexander retains
Rollins wins the belt (then will lose it within a few weeks)
Nakamura retains
Bludegons keep the titles
Braun/Owens I have no idea but I can see some kinda screwy finish
Bryan beats the Miz
Balor loses
B team wins
Almas wins with English heel turn

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I'm kind of over Finn Balor too. He's too "Happy to be there" for my liking. Great in ring, but everything outside of that... Meh.

he really should turn soon. theres alot of potential in heel Balor Club

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm kind of over Finn Balor too. He's too "Happy to be there" for my liking. Great in ring, but everything outside of that... Meh.
His character is that he has no character. He just smiles and pops his collar and has abs. I’ve been saying this since he came back from injury and nothing about him changed.

Reactions: FultonReed

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
His character is that he has no character. He just smiles and pops his collar and has abs. I’ve been saying this since he came back from injury and nothing about him changed.
Yeah, it's super frustrating to watch. It doesn't help that we've only got demon Balor once since his call up? Hell, he didn't even go Demon at WM.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think Rousey wins via DQ. Not sure they put the strap on her right away...

Also, hopefully she can spend less time hauling her shorts up and adjusting herself on Sunday.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Absolutely stunned they didn't add Orton to the US title match on Tuesday. I have to assume he works his way into the match on Sunday somehow.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i mean... shouldnt it be a little serious the accusations?
while it might lead to nothing... maybe sitting him its okay for now.

i like this orton.(on tv. not the dick thing) but i havent said that in years either. as he usually bores me to death.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
What is the reason that Braun Stroman has put his MITB opportunity on the line against Owens? It doesnt make any sense.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
What is the reason that Braun Stroman has put his MITB opportunity on the line against Owens? It doesnt make any sense.

Yeah I don't get it either.....the only reason I can think of is they're going to give KO a big push. Which really doesn't make sense and also isn't exactly fair to Strowman.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
To be fair... Strowman never really needed the briefcase. Owens, however could make it super fun.

I'm just so f***ing tired of seeing geeky KO run around like a complete pansy week in and week out. Remember when he was brought up and was an instant bad ass? Yeah, good times.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
have Owens win the briefcase and everytime he tries to cash in, Braun just comes out and murders him.
eventually braun wins the belt and owens cash on him.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Owens 'beat' Strowman in a cage match, then went to Stephanie and she agreed to give him a re-match with the briefcase on the line. It makes perfect sense.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Owens 'beat' Strowman in a cage match, then went to Stephanie and she agreed to give him a re-match with the briefcase on the line. It makes perfect sense.

But what's the end game, though? It can only be for KO to win the briefcase, which means they telegraphed the winner of the match the moment it was scheduled.

If Strowman wins again, the whole feud was pointless and Braun just ends up cashing in later that night anyways.

Hell, if KO wins I'd love to see him cash in at the end of the night too.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
But what's the end game, though? It can only be for KO to win the briefcase, which means they telegraphed the winner of the match the moment it was scheduled.

If Strowman wins again, the whole feud was pointless and Braun just ends up cashing in later that night anyways.

Hell, if KO wins I'd love to see him cash in at the end of the night too.

The end game is just to give Strowman something to do until Vince is ready to put the strap on him. You will often see contract holders in pointless feuds just to have something to do before their time comes. Rollins as Mr. Money in the Bank was in a pointless feud with Ambrose after winning the contract. Granted, the feud was great and was entertaining but it was pointless. Then he had a small thing with Cena and the anti-Authority guys like Ziggler and Ryback but that was also pointless until he cashed in at Mania.

Sometimes guys that look like they're next in line are in holding patterns for their title run because they need to finish another story.

Personally, I'm hoping Lesnar wins the match against Reigns. Reigns snaps and beats down Lesnar. Strowman cashes in and walks out as champ. I think that's the best way to end this thing. They get the title off Lesnar. They don't crown Reigns champion because even though people are turning on Lesnar, they're not going to be behind Reigns winning. Braun gets the moment to close the show and they have something new to be the focus of their program for the winter leading into next year's Wrestlemania. I think that's the best solution.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
@Pinkfloyd never ever was Ambrose/Rollins pointless. That was the fall out of The Shield split and Rollins won the briefcase midway through when Kane cost Ambrose. Then Rollins curb stomped him through the cinderblocks and when Ambrose returned they picked up where it left off. It really wasn’t pointless at all imo. It was because The Shield split.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I am torn. On one hand I don't want Roman to win. But on the other hand I am tired of Roman getting title shot after title shot. Just let him get the title and get it over with.

Still holding out hope that Brock walks into his UFC fight as the Universal champ and walks out dual champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->