GDT: WWE Smackdown: Trotz vs. Roy (also, a hockey game)

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
Your coach is struggling. Hornqvist Lewand and Wilson combined for 10 shots on net yet got, again, like last night....the least amount of ice time?
Impressed with Jones but....needs to HIT THE NET
Ekholm, other than the one goal looked good
Smith had good offensive plays, but 2 really bad defensive plays
Josi must have a concussion after that blindside
Fisher had a great game
Legwand Hornqvist Wilson had great games
Nice to see Gaustad score
Seriously think It is time for a management change. They were good for the start of the franchise but the same old S*^€¥T happening.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
The fall season picked up where the spring season left off. Injuries galore and a fan base desperate for wins.

October could be an ugly month if Josi is out for a long stretch along with the Berg's.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Our legs went in the third, and it was pretty miserable to watch. Colorado was free to hold the puck as long as they liked.

Not a good start to the season, but we've got a 5-game home stand coming up to pull back some points. If we're still looking for our first win by that point, Trotz should start looking over his shoulder, but I still believe we're going to get better with Forsberg and Stalberg back.

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
Smith is everywhere, but not getting a lot of quality shots. Wilson isn't doing much yet. Hornqvist moved from his traditional spot at the edge of the crease out into the slot. Cullen can't win a faceoff to save his life. The Legwand line is invisible minus one rush at St Louis. Still, the team is generating chances while missing two top nine players. A disappointing opening to the season but no reason to panic yet based on years of history.

What game were you watching. Hornqvist had 5 quality shots on net. Wilson was super strong on the boards and had 3 good scoring chances, and Legwand 2. The problem is, that line got the least amount of ice time even strength. Does this make sense to a team that struggles to create offense?

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
If this season ends up getting us another top five pick, Trotz will leave on his own. He won't be fired. Just my opinion.

Winning cures all and Tuesday night's game would be a fine start.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Your coach is struggling. Hornqvist Lewand and Wilson combined for 10 shots on net yet got, again, like last night....the least amount of ice time?
Impressed with Jones but....needs to HIT THE NET
Ekholm, other than the one goal looked good
Smith had good offensive plays, but 2 really bad defensive plays
Josi must have a concussion after that blindside
Fisher had a great game
Legwand Hornqvist Wilson had great games
Nice to see Gaustad score
Seriously think It is time for a management change. They were good for the start of the franchise but the same old S*^€¥T happening.

Having your head down ≠ being blindsided

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
This was a weird game in terms of matchup considering it was a team that is almost all offense (Colorado) versus a team that's almost all D (Nashville) and the offense won. Honestly, if the two teams could like merge those two aspects it would be a dynasty for years to come.

I don't mean to bring a pity party over here and it's meant as more of a compliment then anything, but it's a damn shame you guys couldn't retain Suter and that the fan/financial support is limited compared to the big market teams out there because, alongside Phoenix, there's no team that does more with less then Nashville honestly. That's meant just as much of a criticism of the forward group as it is a compliment to the owner and GM.

I'll leave the coaching criticism to you guys because I'm not sure of it though I can understand how it feels to have a coach run past his shelf-life. You guys could probably do better, but I think it's going to be a top-end forward or two till the roster looks complete.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Think the Trotz talk is extremely premature. Lot of execution problems the first two games, which fall on the players, not the coaches. Add to that a roster that, while pushing to make the playoffs, is also constructed to start progressing the youngsters a bit, and could undoubtedly lead to another high draft pick if things go south, I don't think he has a thing to worry about.

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
Having your head down ≠ being blindsided

Seriously?you are going to argue this? The point is that hitting in the league is legal. Josi had another player on the boards just before the hit, and Downie came in from the " blindside" and (although one foot "may" have still been on the ice.......launched himself into him, contacting his head! This is exactly the crap they are trying to get out of hockey, and FOR GOOD REASON!
I am VERY aware of Downie's history and maybe instead of trying to injure players ( ie: world junior antics).

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Damning with faint praise. Gee thanks bud, appreciate it.

Was anything I said even remotely incorrect?

I phrased it in the kindest, most cordial way possible and it was legitimate criticism mixed in with praise.

I understand if you're sensitive after a loss but it's no reason to overreact to a very non-threatening post.

Gberg

Oct 13, 2009
I think Josi had his head down, noticed Downie coming at the last second, and I thought this led to an awkward hit. I didn't watch the replay extensively, but they should look at Downie's feet leaving.. but I don't know if that's enough to get him a suspension.

Hope Josi's ok, and that it was precautionary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->