GDT: WWE ROYAL RUMBLE (January 24, 2016) -- WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH ‎- Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The whole thing is ridiculous on so many levels. For one, Cena himself isn't just about the look either. Cena is extremely charismatic, can cut a promo, and can put on a classic match with the right wrestler.

Test
Albert
Lashley
Khali

These are the kind of guys who failed because all they had is a look.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Money is everything huh? You don't even need to use DB for this arguement.

Okay, well CM Punk literally was outselling john cena when the summer of punk took off. It wasn't even close.

The funny thing about DBs push was it wouldn't have happened if Punk hadn't walked out. The Boo-tista case wouldn't have been enough to push DB to the front of the line.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Because nobody was ****ing allowed to topple Cena. The moment anyone got close, they had their legs cut out from under them. It happened to Punk, and Bryan to an extent.
What?

If all of this is fact, Vince, whos bottom line at the end of the day is making money, is suddenly gonna burn his own money to keep Cena on top? Are you serious?

Honestly, you guys are buying into story lines. Punk had nothing left. His character ran its course. He chose to leave on top instead of moving down the card because he had nothing to offer the main event scene.

Now Bryan, he had a hot run, nobody is denying that, but to think he was buried for the sake of Cena is pure folly. Especially if he was making Vince almost Cena money.

Something doesnt add up.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Pure troll.

Just stop replying to him. :laugh:

There's a reason Punk got signed by UFC without any MMA background.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
What?

If all of this is fact, Vince, whos bottom line at the end of the day is making money, is suddenly gonna burn his own money to keep Cena on top? Are you serious?

Honestly, you guys are buying into story lines. Punk had nothing left. His character ran its course. He chose to leave on top instead of moving down the card because he had nothing to offer the main event scene.

Now Bryan, he had a hot run, nobody is denying that, but to think he was buried for the sake of Cena is pure folly. Especially if he was making Vince almost Cena money.

Something doesnt add up.

Yeah you're right. My bad.

He was actually buried for Roman Reigns.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The bottom line with Vince has never been making money. The bottom line with Vince is stroking his own ego and I can cite 20 instances off the top of my head where Vince threw money down the drain to do what his ego demanded.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What?

Something doesnt add up.

Yeah, you don't know the shady practices that WWE will do to keep their guy on top. They prefer to keep one individual on top that they can market, rather than actual popularity and even monetary advantages if they actually invested into said hot talent, and keep others down until the next one that they tab is ready to go.

Vince will definitely burn money to keep a guy down if he doesn't think he's marketable and keep his cow on top over riding hot talent.

You're in over your head here junior.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
My Thoughts:

I still don't care about Bray.

Jericho was in there way too long and it depresses me to think that they still hold him in high regard like that.

Truth was funny, but I would have preferred a spot where he gets pushed with the ladder to the outside on to a crowd.

They have options for KO. Does he work with Styles or Zayn? I'm holding out for a KO/SZ match at Mania.

No comment on Reigns/ HHH, but I don't like it obviously. I guess there's a slim chance something happens at Fastlane, but the writing is on the wall.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
Someone needs to post the gif of HHH in WWE 2k walking out pretending he is using a shovel

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
You like to ignore certain things just to buy into your own bs, don't you? Why would anyone starting a promotion who should be looking towards the future want someone whose drawing power has been waning for years? Cena's drawing years are behind him. Anyone starting something new right now is going to want something hot and fresh right now and not someone in that position ten years ago.

You need to get over yourself and stop arguing with everyone for the sake of it.
Omg...

Cena is still the top merch seller.

When has that waned?

Seriously, do you guys even comprehend the power of money?

I have read Vince buries guys making him money. I mean....just wow..... This, in an age where Vince has made a few financial mistakes to say the least, he will willfully cut off his own hand because he has another one on his other arm. You guys are truly hilarious.

This thread has turned into a booked match. Its HF very own Royal Rumble and sure enough, I ve played the Triple H role while theres countless Danuel Bryans running around telling me, just how much of an impact he has had and how Vince has clubbed his feet so he cant make Vince money....never change.

YES! YES! YES!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
^^ I could see Jericho/Ambrose for the IC and KO vs. Zayn being used. KO vs. Zayn is a grudge match in the making. I don't think it should be on THIS WM card. It should build for even longer and then finally pay off.

The Shockmaster

SHOCK THE WORLD
Jul 30, 2010
Someone needs to post the gif of HHH in WWE 2k walking out pretending he is using a shovel

X3lvD1.gif

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
And theres proof where of this?

From late 2013/early 2014:

WWE's current top merchandise sellers at live event are, in order, John Cena, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Batista, Sheamus, Hulk Hogan, Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar. Punk is down a spot because he's been away.

On WWE's shop website, the top sellers are Cena, Punk, Bryan, Hogan, The Shield, Steve Austin, Lesnar, The Undertaker and Orton.

Source: Meltzer

From mid-2013, before the Summerslam angle where Randy turned heel

Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez discussed Daniel Bryan on Wrestling Observer radio this week. Meltzer talked about why WWE fails to give a real push to a guy that the fans have chosen as their guy. He said that the company has a mentality of what a top guy is supposed to look like and Bryan does not fit what they want for a top guy. The only way he’d have a chance at being a top guy is if someone kicked the door down and showed them numbers to prove that he should be in a top spot and right now there’s nothing out there that can prove to them (management) that they are wrong so WWE is going to assume that they’re right. Of course, if they see a guy that has the “look†that they want then their standards go out the window and that guy becomes their guy.

Randy Orton is a guy that got many chances over the years because he’s the type of guy that WWE will push. Randy’s push kind of stalled because of behavior issues and the drug test failures but he was always given a solid push depsite his baggage. Meltzer noted that Daniel Bryan’s merchandise numbers are good and he’s ahead of Randy Orton in every single category but a guy like Bryan will never be a priority over a guy like Orton or Reigns. If a guy is tall and good looking then they will always lean towards pushing that guy.

After Roman went over Bryan at Fast Lane

In the end, the only thing that matters is charisma, and charisma is about crowd connection during the time and place. That’s it. Not necessarily noise. A prelim guy with a cool gimmick or the right story can get a gigantic pop. It’s the connection where you are somebody people see as being special, and can make them buy tickets, or garner more interest in your matches than all the other guys.
Bryan was the closest guy to having that one year ago, at least among the non-Cena members of the roster. He was the closest guy now, at least until Sunday, even with never being treated like it. In his case, the connection was people just liked him a lot, liked to chant with him, and it was just the right thing at the right time. Even star athletes liked having connections to him. In the end, he was never able to overcome the physical negatives to the audience of one. And I can’t think of one example historically of someone the public embraced to that level who got treated in creative at that level. Orton never had anything close to this, never sold merchandise at his level, and he was given a decade plus of protection at a level Bryan could never dream, and championship reign after championship reign. He got his WrestleMania win and had his moment and thus, it was time for someone else. Imagine if that mentality had been used for Cena or Orton a decade ago. Take Cena out of the mix and book him like a joke who almost always failed and the company would be in far worse shape than it is now. And you could easily, if you wanted, point to all kinds of flaws with Cena, but he could be on the Muscle & Fitness cover and was a great brand ambassador to the outside world, a role nobody else would have been as good at. But Bryan had that quality of likeability and seeming genuine that can’t be taught. But because of the inability to get past the physical package, something the audience had gotten past and not considered a negative years ago, his strengths, including the ability to have a match at the level that only the best historically could hit on a consistent basis, regardless of his dance partner, was squandered.

Dave Meltzer also confirmed on Wrestling Observer Radio that Daniel Bryan sold the second highest amount of merchandise with significantly smaller amounts of it available than John Cena.

What?

Something doesnt add up.

I shouldn't have gotten my sources after seeing this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad