WWE: WWE Reportedly Purchasing TNA Video Library

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Sounds like Corgan is trying to move on without Dixie, which is probably the smart move, but is there any reason (other than ego) that Dixie is still trying to hold onto the promotion?
She isn't. She's trying to sell it, but the company is a complete mess with loads of significant debt to a lot of people. It's a hard sale of put together, especially with a hard time limit like they just had. And it's not like he's got a ton of money himself to do it with quickly anyway.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Same reason he funded ECW a few times. If it makes sense business-wise, Vince tends to do it. The tape library gives him some revenue options down the road for guys like the Hardys, Angle, Styles, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode, or anyone else they bring through that has an audience and travelled through TNA. And since it's going to be rebranded, they can do their standard rise and fall stuff and just make fun of it and sell that. lol

That's different than funding a set of tapings just to end up buying it out 4 days later. You just had the PPV, why do you need more tapings after that if you're not getting anything out of it, and it just gets rebranded. They're probably not going to carry the titles all the way over.

Oct 18, 2011
there are many reasons vince could have funded ECW that would have benefited WWE

i don't know how funding TNA benefits him, unless he just really wanted the library and doesn't care if TNA rebrands, since they are no threat to him

yet they really seem to hate ROH

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That's different than funding a set of tapings just to end up buying it out 4 days later. You just had the PPV, why do you need more tapings after that if you're not getting anything out of it, and it just gets rebranded. They're probably not going to carry the titles all the way over.

To possibly have a working arrangement between the rebranded TNA and WWE. No different than what ECW had.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
there are many reasons vince could have funded ECW that would have benefited WWE

i don't know how funding TNA benefits him, unless he just really wanted the library and doesn't care if TNA rebrands, since they are no threat to him

yet they really seem to hate ROH

They've had on and off working relationships with ROH. I don't think they really seem to hate ROH.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think Corgan will (should) move it out of that studio. Everything needs to be changed

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Vince has never done anything related to business out of good will (Rightfully so, imo. Businesss is business).

Vince put money into ECW so he could negotiate with their wrestlers before WCW could. WWE is the only company that has the money to sign big stars from other promotions anymore. There is no way Vince is funding TNA tapings.

I hope it is true that he is purchasing the library though because that would be some good stuff to check out on the network.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Vince has never done anything related to business out of good will (Rightfully so, imo. Businesss is business).

Vince put money into ECW so he could negotiate with their wrestlers before WCW could. WWE is the only company that has the money to sign big stars from other promotions anymore. There is no way Vince is funding TNA tapings.

I hope it is true that he is purchasing the library though because that would be some good stuff to check out on the network.

I heard he did some money with ROH, too. Is that correct?

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I heard he did some money with ROH, too. Is that correct?

I wouldn't be surprised if they did as sort of a thank you since WWE signed so many of their stars in the mid 2000's. I suppose that would be pretty classy as Vince would have no obligation to do so.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
It would be kinda nice if WWE could finally acknowledge the TNA past for several of their current main roster and NXT stars. Saying AJ has won titles "all over the world" is such a lazy way to talk about his career.

I'm hoping the tape library stuff is true...I'll probably never get rid of the network if I can watch old school Impact wrestling back to their early years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->