WWE: WWE PPV Thread: Up Now - THE ROYAL RUMBLE (with no fans)

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Loved the match, but not much of a fan that Orton won.

I agree it was a spectacular ending, but where do you go with the character from this point on?

They already took a step backwards last February when he lost the title to Grandpa, off a standard suplex no less..

I was being more sarcastic than anything. Bray's house getting lit on fire, like most of that storyline, went over like a wet fart in church.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Tough to keep caring about a supernatural based split personality killer if he pretty much gets jobbed out at PPV's. I mean Orton didn't need this win, he doesn't need any wins. The Fiend needed the credibility gained by beating an Orton.

I mean Alexa has been gone since the end of November and she added some serious color to The Fiend. We had Wyatt back int he rocking chair, and the fiend losing and incinerated. The WWE is in full panic mode now because of historically low ratings. They're going to shuffle story lines, bring back people like Charlotte, and blame guys like Wyatt for the poor ratings, and probably bring him back as Husky Harris and make Alexa a Federette.

Reactions: Dominator13

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
To me, that was the WWE killing off the Fiend character for good.

If it wasn't, then I have no ****ing clue what the point of him losing while being literally burned alive was.

Reactions: Kaner9

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
The fiend should be done. What are they gonna do next shoot him to the sun? It was fun for a minute but its done.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Fiend isn't done, that's ridiculous.

The biggest revelation out of this PPV was Sasha getting a great match out of Carmella. Not even Asuka managed that.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Yeah, the fiend isn't done, I don't know if I'm expecting a repackage or if they're going to kill off the Bray Wyatt part of it, and just have him as a pure hell beast, with Alexa calling the shots.
I give Carmella a ton of credit for that match, she worked her butt off.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, the fiend isn't done, I don't know if I'm expecting a repackage or if they're going to kill off the Bray Wyatt part of it, and just have him as a pure hell beast, with Alexa calling the shots.
I give Carmella a ton of credit for that match, she worked her butt off.

She's always worked hard, but her biggest issue was always that she seemed afraid to get it. I used to see it every match, someone would hit it and it looked bad because she took the bump too soon, and everything just looked bad. And Sasha's going to work stiff with people she trusts, and their feud was one where they had to work hard in the match, it's basically a feud where they're trying to out-mean each other.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
What’s everybody’s favorite surprise entrant?

Mine is Mick is kamikaze’ing Orton

I think three faces of Foley but I liked DDP in the rumble a few years ago too.

GOAT rumble scenario is Maven and Undertaker :nod:

Reactions: CDJ

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
What’s everybody’s favorite surprise entrant?

Mine is Mick is kamikaze’ing Orton

Man this is tough because surprise can mean so many thing. Edge coming back from an injury in like 2010 or whatever was amazing. Very unexpected.

AJ Styles for me. Even if the cameras were so f***ing bad.

Reactions: CDJ

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And I was watching some rumbles - 97, 2020, 2008, 2009, and a few others. Just as background noise while working out.

My favorite storyline is when two wrestlers continuously battle in the Rumble. Like I LOVE when 1/2 comes out and they are there late in the game still f***ing throwing bombs. Taker/HBK told a great story. Last two in 2007 and then first two the next year. Then they battle and battle and battle.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
shame daniel bryan is gonna win it... 2013-2015 would of been nice but not a big fan of him winning it in 2021...

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
usually. But with no fans this will be painful.

I remember watching Wrestlemania last year and hollllllllllllly shit it made me stop watching wrestling altogether until AEW had fans late in the summer. Then I watched AEW and barely even watched NXT. Now that NXT is basically Raw-Lite, I skip NXT. Something so great has been turned into standard WWE TV instead of an alternative.

So AEW really has been it. But if Peacock is 4.99... f***. That's so cheap.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
shame daniel bryan is gonna win it... 2013-2015 would of been nice but not a big fan of him winning it in 2021...

I was there in 2014. I just watched the Batista 24 minute thing. 2014 and 2015 rumble are the two worst rumbles of all time. 2015 being the ABSOLUTE worst because all the fan favorites were lazily slugged over the top rope by Big Show and Kane. Uggggh

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I drew 6 & 11 for the Rumble. Neither position has won. Last time I was in a Rumble draw was '06. I had 1 (Jean-Paul) and 16. Made it all the way to the end and then Mysterio won. I was not pleased.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was there in 2014. I just watched the Batista 24 minute thing. 2014 and 2015 rumble are the two worst rumbles of all time. 2015 being the ABSOLUTE worst because all the fan favorites were lazily slugged over the top rope by Big Show and Kane. Uggggh
I was there and I’ll never forget it

LeafSadist

Sep 8, 2003
Ontario
One of the few shows I'll watch this year. Hope there are some surprise entrants but given the pandemic I'm not sure who'd they be able to get.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
The Rumble should be a guaranteed good show, despite the best efforts of creative some years. Best gimmick match in the business, and unlike HIATC or TLC never feels forced or overdone and works as a once a year spectacle. It'll be weird without fans, but hopefully entertaining nonetheless. Not sure who they'll get, if anyone, for surprise entrants. On the one hand, a pandemic should likely limit what and who can make it, on the other, it's Vince so he may be incredulous some 50 year old from the attitude era won't leave home and go to Florida.

Reactions: LeafSadist

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I was never the biggest fan of the Royal Rumble match itself. Too predictable and few surprise winner. The winner getting a crack at the title at Wrestlemania makes it too easy. Thirty guys make their way in when you can pinpoint 4 or 5 that make sense. I always looked forward to the undercard matches as there was typically at least one guaranteed to be great.

But it Luke or Butch wins...I will be shocked.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018

lol ye i couldntbelieve they let batista win lmao.

Reactions: ColePens

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
cesaro, Big e, aj styles , brock lesnar, would all be better choices to wing rr over bryan... bryan has also lost a step since 2014.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad