WWE: WWE PPV Thread: Up Now - THE ROYAL RUMBLE (with no fans)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
No big matches and a botch filled night so far.

I am VERY concerned w/ DB. He tried a stupid move and landed on his neck. That was a dumb dumb dumb move and now we need to be concerned.

There were 2 nice moves in the tag elimination but this is mostly background noise. A LOT of botches. AEW PPVs and Takeovers are night and day to this.

@Le Tricolore edit:

The matches copied from the Reddit thread since I'm lazy

xa1VF2d.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Sami jabroni winning the ic title is no good. I expect no title changes at the show before wrestlemania so Im surprised. I hoped Braun would keep it.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I'm pleased that Braun didn't beat 3 of my current favorite wrestlers in the company, even if the match wasn't great.

This may be the deadest crowd I've ever witnessed. Baszler just got a Charlie Haas pop.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The overly dominant ex-fighter gimmick was interesting at first because of its uniqueness. It’s boring now. If I wanted to watch MMA (I don’t), I’d watch MMA.

Reactions: iamjs

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I get Shayna had to look dominant tonight before the match with Becky but I would have liked a few different types of finishers on a few of the wrestlers. Maybe a knock out and a different style of submission instead of 5 straight choke outs

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I get why Vince did what Vince did... but I don't like it. Shayna can get over differently. That's not good heat :(

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
I think the main event was fine WWE stuff. Nothing out of the ordinary to me. The silent crowd made it seem much worse. The only things I saw get a reaction tonight were Owens and the EC countdown clock. I don't think you can blame any one person for the lack of reactions. That crowd had firmly decided it would buy nothing.

DynamiteKid

Aug 12, 2005
Stony Plain
Haven’t watched WWE in months.......and my lack of desire for it was confirmed tonight. AEW is so much better than this crap. Slow, boring, unimaginative endings. The crowd was chanting “this is awesome” and I’m wondering what I was missing, because nothing was awesome.

The women’s elimination chamber was brutal.

Cancelling my WWE subscription after Wrestlemania.......

Reactions: iamjs

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Haven’t watched WWE in months.......and my lack of desire for it was confirmed tonight. AEW is so much better than this crap. Slow, boring, unimaginative endings. The crowd was chanting “this is awesome” and I’m wondering what I was missing, because nothing was awesome.

The women’s elimination chamber was brutal.

Cancelling my WWE subscription after Wrestlemania.......

This was a baaaaaaaaaaaad show to come back to. I would never have picked this. This was background noise before the show even started.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
If you're going to have what is basically a glorified squash match it shouldn't be a main event in a PPV, However just in my opinion there weren't any great matches tonight, just a bunch of average ones at best. I like Shayna and the idea of booking her strong is the right first interest. But her sitting in the ring with nothing to do for several minutes at a time was a massive booking mistake. Also since everyone and their dog knew she was going to easily win, again, don't make it the main event.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they did that men’s singles chamber, the women’s chamber wouldn’t have went last the way that was booked. But they booked it the way they should have, that’s the problem when you don’t have over characters but they were only in there to get jobbed out except Asuka.

DynamiteKid

Aug 12, 2005
Stony Plain
This was a baaaaaaaaaaaad show to come back to. I would never have picked this. This was background noise before the show even started.

Looks that way, but felt I had to get SOMETHING for my monthly subscription....

At least with the money I save, it will make buying the AEW ppv’s a bit more bearable.

Reactions: ColePens

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008

I got back into town as the preshow was happening. If it wasn't for twitter and a few friends mentioning it, I would have never known there was even a PPV on last night. What's bad is that R-Truth was probably the highlight of the PPV.

I also had it on as background noise. If you were to ask me five things that happened during the PPV, it would be: Braun lost (don't know how, wasn't paying attention), lot of Baszler standing around in the main event, Baszler using two moves during the main event, Asuka lasting maybe 2-3 minutes, and... I'm honestly having a tough time coming up with a fifth thing.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This is going to be so massively depressing to watch tonight. But hey.. let's do it as a fam!

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
That's what I was thinking. I have my home gym in a finished basement. I have a tv w/ amazon fire stick. I was going to tune it on and lift. And im assuming i will have no care to finish watching.
The only reason I'll watch it is because my wife thinks the empty arena aspect is endlessly fascinating. Otherwise I haven't had any interest in WWE for almost a year now with minimal check ins.

Thank God for the network and the fact that there is an almost endless library of older, great material to watch.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
This is going to be so odd. It's hard to believe it's only been ~5 weeks since the Super Showdown calamity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad