GDT: WWE Payback (30th April 2017) - I’m sure there was a roster split…

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
our perfect man was hidden from us last night

Orton wore pants
Finn wore a shirt
Rusev wasnt there

:/

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I'm watching Orton/Wyatt now. What an overproduced mess.

Me and my brother thought the HOH would have turned out better if they filmed it with a cell phone camera with out all the editing. None of the red house effects, babies, music, and additional enhancements they put in.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They took it too seriously. They should have made a joke out of it which is what made The Final Deletion so delightful.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Overall this was an average show. The wrestling was good for the most part. Owens/Jericho had a better match than the one they had at Mania, Neville and Aries could have a 4* match blindfolded, Joe/Rollins was fine (I think we all have to accept that Rollins is not the same in ring performer he was 2 years ago), the women's match was fine, Braun/Roman was very good. Sheamus and Cesaro turning heel was the right thing to do.

The Haunted House match was something that will live on forever in infamy. God, how did thy **** up this angle so badly. That was really the only BAD thing that happened on the show. Some of the booking decisions were headscratchers but it's WWE and it's 2017 so no one should be surprised at that.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I refuse to believe Rollins had regressed this much in the ring even with his two major injuries. I don't know what the hell it is but I think he's being told to wrestle differently tbh.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
This has been the case for a few weeks now. He has sounded noticeably more "Vince" to me.
There was a lot of silence followed by Cole just randomly getting excited over something. So unnatural.

I can't believe anyone enjoyed that House of Horrors match. "Oh it's so cheesy wrestling I love it". Naw dude it was just trash.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
my ratings

Enzo+Cass/Club: **1/2
Jericho/Owens: ***3/4
Aries/Neville: ***
Rollins/Joe: ***
Bayley/Alexa: ****
Hardys/Sheasaro: ***3/4
Orton/Wyatt: * match, ***** confusion
Roman/Strowman: ****

Last edited:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I refuse to believe Rollins had regressed this much in the ring even with his two major injuries. I don't know what the hell it is but I think he's being told to wrestle differently tbh.
It's the knee gimmick.

They go right to Rollins being a cripple, so you don't actually get a normal match from him. So instead of him doing his sports, all you see is him failing his spots. Which isn't fun. Hopefully they get it out of their system soon and let him work normally again.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Ehhh, his work with Owens and Jericho in the fall/winter was less than inspiring as well.

Somehow as a heel he was doing fun and exciting moves, but as a baby face he's bland and formulaic. Blockbuster, Falcon Arrow, tease the Phoenix Splash, end match.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ehhh, his work with Owens and Jericho in the fall/winter was less than inspiring as well.

Somehow as a heel he was doing fun and exciting moves, but as a baby face he's bland and formulaic. Blockbuster, Falcon Arrow, tease the Phoenix Splash, end match.

Pretty much.

Albeit, Jericho isn't that great of a worker these days and Owens has been dogging it since the summer but Rollins is not working up to the level he's shown.

It's not just the knee thing, it's something else. I don't know if someone's telling him to work like this but it's not working for him.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I fell asleep early and missed the show, can someone explain to me what the House of Horrors actually was? The Internet has assured me it was horrible, but I haven't seen a lot of details

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I fell asleep early and missed the show, can someone explain to me what the House of Horrors actually was? The Internet has assured me it was horrible, but I haven't seen a lot of details

15 minute pre-taped segment, started with Randy getting out of a limousine in front of a spooky house. Orton slowly walked through the spooky house and Bray kept jumping him from around corners and then disappearing. Then Bray threw a refrigerator on Randy, got in a limousine and rode to the arena. Then the entire Rollins vs. Joe match happened. When that was over, Bray's limo pulled up and he came out selling like he got ran over by a steamroller. When he got to the ring, Randy magically appeared behind him. Randy beat him up for a little while, hit an RKO, and was about to win when the Bollywood Boys and Jinder Mahal beat up Randy with the WWE title. Bray hit Sister Abigail and got the pin.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

It was a no holds barred match that started in Bray's Fun House and ended in the ring. It was chock full of illogical things that it would blow your mind either how stupid they think the fans are or how lazy they are to not think of certain basics like they started this match at a dark house and ended it in an arena where there is sun light outside. Also, why did Orton show up in a limo? Why did Orton get back to the arena as quick or quicker than Bray in a limo did? Maybe not so basic a question being what the point of the parlor trick of turning the house red when Wyatt was outside and Orton was stuck under a fridge?

All I know is that watching from the arena, you could hear a very loud boring chant throughout that first taped segment that I may or may not have partaken in. They turned a promising program into the drizzling ***** with the parlor tricks performed. The Orton burning down the house gimmick was stretching it. They broke Stretch Armstrong with this and the Mania projecting stuff. This will easily win worst feud of the year and worst match/segment of the year, imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->