GDT: WWE NXT TakeOver Brooklyn III

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Booking/writing aside, the matches are 200x better because you can utilize false finishes far easier than if a PPV is literally every 3 to 4 weeks. Go 3 to 4 months and a move such as a devastating DDT is much more protected and viable.
Maybe for you. I watch so much indy stuff (NJPW, ROH, etc) that I see false finishes all the time and still buy into the good ones.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I originally thought DIY's old music would play or something and completely distract Gargano. But the writing and story the match told made me forget completely about that until the even better finish than I had pictured as it was more subtle and just as effective.

I only watch these takeovers from NXT attached to the big events. I don't watch regularly or know exactly who these wrestlers are besides Roode, Asuka, and Black.... (some others too I guess)

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I only watch these takeovers from NXT attached to the big events. I don't watch regularly or know exactly who these wrestlers are besides Roode, Asuka, and Black.
If you don't know Gargano and Ciampa, you need to go back and rewatch all the Takeover's from like the last year or so. Legit the best matches every night.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I could 100% see Sanity winning now. I thought they wouldn't have even a chance before because I expect Dain to move up to the Main Event soon.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
If you don't know Gargano and Ciampa, you need to go back and rewatch all the Takeover's from like the last year or so. Legit the best matches every night.

I know who they are and that they are feuding. Watched their matches and everything. I recall the faces, just not always their gimmick or wrestling ability they have. Different levels to wrestling fans I guess.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I know who they are and that they are feuding. Watched their matches and everything. I recall the faces, just not always their gimmick or wrestling ability they have. Different levels to wrestling fans I guess.
I guess that's true.

Gargano is the best in the world though. Remember that. ;)

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I guess that's true.

Gargano is the best in the world though. Remember that. ;)

I know his tag partner got hurt and everything. I had no clue who that other guy was that won was though, or who the babe was.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Maybe for you. I watch so much indy stuff (NJPW, ROH, etc) that I see false finishes all the time and still buy into the good ones.

Do they have PPV's every 3 to 4 weeks and utilize the same tired formula WWE does?

The last legitimate time I was brought to my feet in a WWE match was Ziggler vs Miz back at No Mercy last October. It was a 4 1/2 match with great story telling but the only reason I was kept on my seat was because they spammed the hell out of their top moves and there was honestly no way to tell which finisher was gonna be the winner.

Once it was done I said, "From this day on Ziggler better kick out of every skull crushing finale he ever gets"

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I know his tag partner got hurt and everything. I had no clue who that other guy was that won was though, or who the babe was.

The other guy was Andrade "Cien" Almas, who was previously the luchador La Sombra in CMLL. He debuted in NXT about a year ago and was originally a face. The woman was Zelina Vega, formerly Thea Trinidad, who's Austin Aries' fiancee IRL. She began valeting for Almas a few weeks ago (maybe a month ago?)

Mauro seems to be messing up the names for the Authors of Pain quite a bit tonight.

Can you blame him? The two are largely interchangeable and don't really exist as separate entities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad