GDT: WWE NXT TakeOver Brooklyn III

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
That's not it at all. The reason NXT is better is because the writing makes sense.

I am positive it is not because of that. It is because they allow them to tell a story in the ring. I am completely oblivious to NXT story lines, but I know a great match when I see one.

Edit: Unless you meant the writing of the match?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I am positive it is not because of that. It is because they allow them to tell a story in the ring. I am completely oblivious to NXT story lines, but I know great match when I see one.
I'm sure you knew what that finish was.

And writing doesn't just mean storylines outside of the ring. It means stories in the ring as well.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I'm sure you knew what that finish was.

And writing doesn't just mean storylines outside of the ring. It means stories in the ring as well.

I clarified before i read this. I thought the other guy would win tbh.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I clarified before i read this. I thought the other guy would win tbh.
I originally thought DIY's old music would play or something and completely distract Gargano. But the writing and story the match told made me forget completely about that until the even better finish than I had pictured as it was more subtle and just as effective.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That's not it at all. The reason NXT is better is because the writing makes sense.

Booking/writing aside, the matches are 200x better because you can utilize false finishes far easier than if a PPV is literally every 3 to 4 weeks. Go 3 to 4 months and a move such as a devastating DDT is much more protected and viable.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
This is the only thing about NXT that .. kind of sucks. There are so many "undefeated" acts lol

Legit all 3 champs on this show are undefeated. :biglaugh:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Only thing missing in gargano's match was a close up shot of the first to solidify the point. Someone mentioned it might be a DIY shirt but that doesn't do it justice IMO.

Imagine the crowd reaction in the arena if they put that DIY shirt on the tron? "awwww noooo" :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad