GDT: WWE Money in the Bank (18th June 2017) - Reign of the Unhindered

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Owens might have been injured, supposedly he was helped to the back.

The women's ladder match finish would've been fine if it wasn't the first time they've ever done the match. One of the girls should've gotten the moment at the top of the ladder. They worked hard to do it, but it reminded me of Wrestlemania with the 4-way where nobody got to do any of their stuff. I don't want to see a rematch on Smackdown either, with commercial breaks, etc., which tells me they do a rematch on Smackdown, which I don't really want to see with commercial breaks. And then you're going to tell me they're making history and whatnot doing a match they already did 2 days before.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
It was stupid to do that Smellsworth ending if you're not going to have Carmella cash it in immediately under threat DBryan is going to reverse it.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
At least there's one advantage to how the women's MITB match ended - I'm pretty sure this means the Welcoming Committee (has a stable had a worse name since The Corre?) is donezo.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The Women's MITB was a below average MITB match, but I actually liked the finish. Carmella desperately needed some heat and relevancy and now she has both. This gives the girls something to work with going forward, and I think we all know this culminates in a Becky vs. Ellsworth match.

The tag match was GREAT until that awful non-finish. I know they wnt to protect both teams but that was just awful, awful booking. Have the Uso's cheat to win, or Woods uses the trombone and gets disqualified. There were much better options than tarnishing a great match with that finish.

Men's MITB match was okay until the AJ/Nakamura staredown. Then it really heated up. I don't like that Nakamura didn't participate in this match until the last 5 minutes. And really, I thought Zayn needed the briefcase more than Corbin. You're building Corbin up as a bad ass heel powerhouse, let him just wreck people and get over that way. The match was good though. Owens not really doing anything of note was kinda disappointing, heading in I felt like he was really the glue holding this match together and he just got his ass kicked the whole match.

I just don't care about Jinder as champ. This artificial "I hate America" gimmick is a death sentence to anyone that gets it. I don't mind Jinder as a wrestler and he seems like a cool guy but it's 2017 do we REALLY need more ethnic stereotypes?

Overall it was an okay show. Definitely one of the weakest MITBs in a while. Fashion Files was funny and I'm interesting in seeing what Mike and Maria will be doing. If I understand this right Mike is going to be a whipped ***** that's obnoxiously lovey-dovey with a wife way out of his league. That could be a fun heel thing if done right.

And Lana's gear, good God.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
all I know now is that every fibre of my being needs Styles v Nakamura

Pretty much this.

Worst PPV of the year IMO... starting with those two terrible main-card finishes.

Had I paid money to go, I would have been pisssssssed. Thankfully the last two matches of the night made it somewhat tolerable of card.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
I'm pretty sure i'm gonna enjoy reading the facebook comments about the PPV more than the PPV itself. Lets straight with this gem

This time seth rollins should have win # Money in the bank . seTh # Rollinz # and cash in jinder mahal and will be the WWE world Heavy Weight champion and WWE Universal Heavy weight Champion Soon. Seth Rollins still defeats rookie like sting, nakamura, fring balor, Boby rode, Austin Aries, kevin owens, samoa Joe and aj stailee . sting debut in wrestling at 2014 and aj debut in wrestling since 2016 royal rumble. They both didn't even training in NXT. Wwe didn't put Rollins on the match # Cancel # Network
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

oh. my. god.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Been awhile since I've posted in here as I haven't been watching regularly but I made the (dumb) decision to drop $125 yesterday and go. Sat mid lower level in the corner. Great view of everything but what garbage that was.

There wasn't one memorable spot from the Women's MITB match. All they did was climb the ladder and come back down about 20x. Then they have a male "win" during the first ever while pushing the "women's revolution".

Tag titles match was solid but the count out ruined it.

The main reason I decided to go was to see Nakamura's entrance live in person and we get that crap. I was extremely pissed as was a lot of the crowd. Could they not have had Corbin attack Nakamura backstage earlier in the night? Tease that Nakamura may not be in the match and there would be a mystery replacement. Have Nakamura's music hit right before the bell hits and the crowd would be even more into it. If they did it to get the AJ/Nakamura show down at the end, there's plenty of ways for them to still have that showdown with Nakamura starting the match. :shakehead

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Been awhile since I've posted in here as I haven't been watching regularly but I made the (dumb) decision to drop $125 yesterday and go. Sat mid lower level in the corner. Great view of everything but what garbage that was.

There wasn't one memorable spot from the Women's MITB match. All they did was climb the ladder and come back down about 20x. Then they have a male "win" during the first ever while pushing the "women's revolution".

Tag titles match was solid but the count out ruined it.

The main reason I decided to go was to see Nakamura's entrance live in person and we get that crap. I was extremely pissed as was a lot of the crowd. Could they not have had Corbin attack Nakamura backstage earlier in the night? Tease that Nakamura may not be in the match and there would be a mystery replacement. Have Nakamura's music hit right before the bell hits and the crowd would be even more into it. If they did it to get the AJ/Nakamura show down at the end, there's plenty of ways for them to still have that showdown with Nakamura starting the match. :shakehead
Lol tf? I posted an old post of yours that I have bookmarked like a couple hours ago and now you show up after "awhile". Trippy.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Meltzer Ratings:

Hype Bros vs. The Colons **
Women's Ladder ***
Usos/New Day ***1/4
Trin/Lana *
Jinder/Orton ***1/2
Breeze & Fandango/Ascension *
Men's Ladder ****1/2

GKJ Ratings:

Women's Ladder **1/2
Usos/New Day ***1/4
Trin/Lana 3/4*
Jinder/Orton ***1/4
Breeze & Fandango/Ascension *
Men's Ladder ****1/4

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I dunno if I can take Meltzer's ratings seriously anymore. 3 stars for the Women's MITB? 4.5 for the Main Event?

Naaaaaah.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I dunno if I can take Meltzer's ratings seriously anymore. 3 stars for the Women's MITB? 4.5 for the Main Event?

Naaaaaah.

I give the Womens match 2 stars. 1 of those stars is for the ending :sarcasm:

4.5 for the Mens is generous but not crazy. there were some great spots, KO died several times, the AJ/Shin standoff was epic, the match was very well paced.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I give the Womens match 2 stars. 1 of those stars is for the ending :sarcasm:

4.5 for the Mens is generous but not crazy. there were some great spots, KO died several times, the AJ/Shin standoff was epic, the match was very well paced.

I can give the last 10 minutes or so a 4.5 but the build up was ehhhh. I'd go 4 stars me thinks.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think he's right if you look at each match in a vacuum, which is what you're sort of supposed to do. It just seems generous because the show itself was so bad. Hot crowds help matches more than dead crowds hurt them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad