WWE: WWE in Canada [Raw/SDL in Montreal in April - International Shakeup!

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
If they announce Undertaker for Smackdown in Ottawa I think that may just get tickets to sell.

Other then platinum seats for 250-300 each the only pairs avalible are now in the 200 level on ticketmaster. They will move people into the unsold platinum seats at the event. That's a better turn out so far then the last time wwe came to ottawa already

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Other then platinum seats for 250-300 each the only pairs avalible are now in the 200 level on ticketmaster. They will move people into the unsold platinum seats at the event. That's a better turn out so far then the last time wwe came to ottawa already

Hmm, maybe NXT worked. There were floor seats still available last I checked.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Standard, but I think this has the chance to be the widest gap between the two shows. And I don't think it's exactly the most intriguing Takeover card they've ever had.

jbell886

Sep 6, 2009
Still debating if I wanna pick up,a last minute ticket to takeover. Survivor series is a no go but if I do go to takeover it'll be my first live event in like 10 years

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Standard, but I think this has the chance to be the widest gap between the two shows. And I don't think it's exactly the most intriguing Takeover card they've ever had.
Well they are going against a gimmick PPV, and the gimmick is one that no one is ever interested in; and that's before you add in the lack of interest due to the Smackdown vs Raw stuff being meaningless and filling up the show. So it's an unfair competition.

Even the worst Takeover would blow it out the water as those matches always have meaning.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Still debating if I wanna pick up,a last minute ticket to takeover. Survivor series is a no go but if I do go to takeover it'll be my first live event in like 10 years

Just go for it. Main roster comes back to Toronto often enough. NXT will do a tour at some point. An NXT Takeover? That ain't happening again any time soon. Nakamura, dude.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Austin comments on the Goldberg Lesnar Match.

This is going to be two big bulls in there fighting," the 51-year-old former wrestler said. (Via Wrestlinginc)

"We'll just see how they lay it out. I'm not nervous, I'm hopeful that they just kick ass and blow the roof off the place. That remains to be seen... It can be a brutal, brief ten minute classic. I don't care how long it is, as long as it's good and suits both guy's character and it's good for both guys. You can look there and say, 'Okay, what's the finish going to be?' Let's just forget about the finish. We'll see what happens when the finish goes down.' Both guys need to go out there and be who and what they are."

Speaking about ring rust, Austin said that the 49-year-old wrestler is "still strong as a bull". However, he did add that Goldberg is probably not as strong as Lesnar, who made his UFC comeback after 4 years with an impressive win over Mark Hunt at UFC 200 on 9 July.

"The fact is Bill Goldberg is 12 years older, but hell I was at his house, I've seen him punch kick do all that Muay Thai stuff. He's still strong as a bull, probably not as strong as Brock," Austin said.

"At one time I would consider those guys almost equally explosive to the strongest guys in the history of the business. Brock is a freak athlete. Brock's gotta be Brock. I don't know how dinged up Bill is. He was getting along pretty good when I saw him."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/steve-aust...-survivor-series-heres-what-he-thinks-1591286

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Heading to Toronto saturday morning with a few friends for the weekend shows. Really pumped for takeover and a little suplex city. :yo:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Why does the length of the pre-show matter?

It's just an advert for something you've already paid for, no point ever watching it. Just watch the matches later if they're any good. It's got less value than Main Event, and I'm sure you don't thing twice about not watching that, if you remember it exists at all(!).

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Don't they do a 2 hour kickoff before every single PPV? This isn't news. I'm sure most people don't watch it anyway. I surely don't.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Don't they do a 2 hour kickoff before every single PPV? This isn't news. I'm sure most people don't watch it anyway. I surely don't.

Usually it is one hour barring Mania and summerslam.

The 6 hour show is part of the reason the crowd completely died in Brooklyn this year. People get tired. That isn't counting the 2 hours for Takeover the night before.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Usually it is one hour barring Mania and summerslam.

The 6 hour show is part of the reason the crowd completely died in Brooklyn this year. People get tired. That isn't counting the 2 hours for Takeover the night before.

Also because all the best matches were in the beginning.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The two title matches got poor reactions, and this was despite how over Finn was at the time.

The crowd was into hating the belt though. If they waited until after the match to unveil the belt, the match would've gotten over. Of course, then Finn Balor would've been booed. Crowd also hated that it wasn't the main event.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The crowd was into hating the belt though. If they waited until after the match to unveil the belt, the match would've gotten over. Of course, then Finn Balor would've been booed. Crowd also hated that it wasn't the main event.

Just a crazy long time to ask a crowd to keep up high energy.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Why does the length of the pre-show matter?

It's just an advert for something you've already paid for, no point ever watching it. Just watch the matches later if they're any good. It's got less value than Main Event, and I'm sure you don't thing twice about not watching that, if you remember it exists at all(!).

The preshow is pretty much what Sunday Night Heat was

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Just got my tickets for Monday night. :yo:

Thought about going to Survivor Series, but couldn't justify the price.

For attending a first live event in over ten years, I think I'll get just as much entertainment on the post-SS Raw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad