GDT: WWE Hell in a Cell (8th October 2017) - But Jinder is Uncaged...

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Way too long and plodding. You could have cut out the horrible "wrestling" Shane tries to do, cut the match down to 25-30 minutes and it probably would have been better. Or Shane would have passed out from exhaustion. I don't know. My match rating for that one was almost solely based off what they did outside the cell, and a bit of things they did on the inside.

I thought the match was enjoyable, but yes, tad bit too long.

The ending has me intrigued, not gonna lie. I was about to cancel WWE network after WWE just keeps ruining Nakamura for the mythical Indian market share.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah, Nak’s pretty close to being ruined imo. It’s why I hope they don’t put Styles in there anytime soon.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Way too long and plodding. You could have cut out the horrible "wrestling" Shane tries to do, cut the match down to 25-30 minutes and it probably would have been better. Or Shane would have passed out from exhaustion. I don't know. My match rating for that one was almost solely based off what they did outside the cell, and a bit of things they did on the inside.
I just don't agree with this. I agree if this response was in there for Taker vs. Shane. But the storyline on this was personal AND actually made sense. So Shane is fighting for his family, and after the 10 millionth McMahon family storyline, this is actually a good one. The guy was fighting for his family and it was personal. Everything leading up was brilliant with the US title and the promos. It felt like a HIAC match. It felt like it was personal. The substance was good. It was believable. Shane's lack of training is okay in this situation because the story made sense.

I bitch so much about WWE's booking, but on three occasions they hit it out of the park tonight.
- New Day vs. Usos was a great HIAC match. Brutal and a great payoff. That was spectacular.

- US title: Corbin gets screwed out of his 1 on 1 match so he actually makes them pay by AJ finishing off Tye and Corbin sneaking the win w/o pinning AJ. Seriously brilliant stuff. It made sense and the recent build/storyline makes sense. I love it when it makes sense.

- Shane/KO: Everything was great. I loved every second of it. It felt big. It felt personal. It felt like the structure made sense. The spots were crazy. I was sweating bullets when they were doing moves on top of the cell. It was great. KO went from hovering around to being a freaking mega star heel. That was awesome.

I also even like that Nakamura isn't winning yet. As long as his big payoff comes at a big time event. I think he should pull off his first title at WM. To be crowned at the biggest stage of them all would be great for Nak. That being said, I still hate Jinder and I hate how Rusev is being booked, but 3 REALLY good stories told tonight by WWE. Stuff you can really sink your teeth into.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Thoughts on the pay per view, that opening match was really hard to follow. I really hope the rivalry isn't indeed over. Those two tag teams have incredible chemistry. I actually really get into the match up, that every time the Usos beat the New Day I get pissed :laugh: That Jail in the cell spot was the bomb!

Orton and Rusev put on a decent short match, I didn't care for the Ziggler and Roode match at all. Women's match good. Nakamura is flopping real quick, not that I've ever really been crazy about him. US Title match was real solid too.

main event was real solid. I was praying while I was making my predictions in the prediction thread that Sami would have made a run in. Sure enough, everything went as predicted on my end and I'm happy with the turnout. Definitely a solid finish and I'm intrigued to see where this will now lead.

Overall, good night for the SmackDown brand.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sami's facial expressions were awesome, too. Loved his look after he helped KO. Was incredible acting.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
To let Jinder Mahal not only go over Nakamura, but clean as a whistle...

I don't give a **** he's Japanese. He could have been a star in the WWE and yet again they completely botch what seems like a gimmie.

Jinder's gonna drop the belt to Cena. May as well just accept reality now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Jinder literally does nothing well. He can't give you a 5-star match. He isn't charismatic, crowds don't give a shit about him.

He isn't helping the product as ratings still suck, attendance is way down, and they aren't gaining any traction thanks to him in India.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I enjoyed the Main Event a lot. Thought it was very good. I cringed every time a move was done on the Cell. I also didn't like the Tag match as much as others. It was very, very good but it has a bunch of slightly blown spots. The superkick near the end was so awful that the non-wrestling fans I was with burst into laughter.

Hype Bros vs. BenGable: **3/4
New Day vs. Uso's: ****1/4
Rusev vs. Orton: **1/2
Tye vs. Corbin vs AJ: ****
Nattie vs. Charlotte: ***1/2
Jinder vs. Nakamura: *
Ziggler vs. Roode: ***1/4
Shane vs. Owens: ***3/4

Overall a fantastic show that greatly surprised me.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Jinder retaining seemed inevitable given the tour of India coming up although I liked the logic of having Jinder lose and then regain the belt while on tour the way Nakamura won the NXT belt back from Joe in Japan. Nakamura or anyone else would be a better champ domestically. I'll be curious to see how well Jinder is received on their tour. Seems to be mixed reviews on how he plays in that market.

The booking of the WWE title is the downside of the Smackdown brand while there are lots of other encouraging storylines emerging. Sami helping Owens is super intriguing. Tuesday is a much more interesting show based on the finish of that match.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
just got done with the show. that ending was... wow. I hope this isnt a proper heel turn for Sami though.

f*** Jinder though. Nak is officially ruined. Asuka will be too

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, Nak’s pretty close to being ruined imo. It’s why I hope they don’t put Styles in there anytime soon.
Styles could carry Jinder to something watchable. No doubt about that.

I like Nakamura but he's not the greatest on the planet. He's very good, but the WWE style has hurt him more than most good workers.

Aside from his match against Sami Zayn, who is one of the best in the world, I think his run has largely been filled with disappointments.

The Joe matches were good but not as great as I thought. The Ziggler matches were average and I thought they'd be very good.

The Jinder matches aren't his fault. But he's still not someone that can get something watchable our of a broomstick like the best in history.

I still like him, but he's not AJ.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
To let Jinder Mahal not only go over Nakamura, but clean as a whistle...

I don't give a **** he's Japanese. He could have been a star in the WWE and yet again they completely botch what seems like a gimmie.

Jinder's gonna drop the belt to Cena. May as well just accept reality now.

How was that clean as a whistle? Tons of interference, Nak had him beat but the ref was gone, and the distractions helped him get a win.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm taking a break from WWE for a while. They give us boring and incredible predictable stories that just aren't good. They take the two world titles hostage for """business""" reasons and telegraph that even though we don't like the champions they're not losing for months.

The stuff we like they take away or stash on a shelf somewhere, the stuff we dislike they shove down our throats. I've always known they were out of touch but this calendar year it's so painfully obvious that they just don't care and have no intention of trying to put together something the fans want.

So yeah. The New Day/Usos match was fun but this show and No mercy both really the decision easy for me. Lesnar is going to hold the title until Roman's third coronation at Mania, Jinder is going to hold the title until Mania to give Cena 17, and the next 6 months we're going to be prisoners of it.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Styles could carry Jinder to something watchable. No doubt about that.

I like Nakamura but he's not the greatest on the planet. He's very good, but the WWE style has hurt him more than most good workers.

Aside from his match against Sami Zayn, who is one of the best in the world, I think his run has largely been filled with disappointments.

The Joe matches were good but not as great as I thought. The Ziggler matches were average and I thought they'd be very good.

The Jinder matches aren't his fault. But he's still not someone that can get something watchable our of a broomstick like the best in history.

I still like him, but he's not AJ.

AJ had a match with Jinder on Smackdown.

It wasn't watchable. The man has had bad matches with AJ and Nakamura. There's no redeeming this guy.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You guys put way more stock into having good matches than Vince does. They just feel it'll build his heat more.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
AJ had a match with Jinder on Smackdown.

It wasn't watchable. The man has had bad matches with AJ and Nakamura. There's no redeeming this guy.
I'll have to find it and make judgment.

No one has really had good matches in WWE with Nakamura so...

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
With as many Sami Zayn fans as there are here, I thought people would be a lot happier about this show.

as much as im glad Sami is being used, its hard to be happy about a 3.5hr PPV with 2 decent matches. and some really questionable results.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
With as many Sami Zayn fans as there are here, I thought people would be a lot happier about this show.
Started off strong. The tag match was wild. It went downhill very quickly. Rusev continues to be a joke. We all knew the triple threat was so that Corbin could win the US Title without having AJ eat a pin. Women's match ended with an intentional DQ. Everyone on the planet is sick of Jinder.

A great main event can't always salvage the show.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I just don't agree with this. I agree if this response was in there for Taker vs. Shane. But the storyline on this was personal AND actually made sense. So Shane is fighting for his family, and after the 10 millionth McMahon family storyline, this is actually a good one. The guy was fighting for his family and it was personal. Everything leading up was brilliant with the US title and the promos. It felt like a HIAC match. It felt like it was personal. The substance was good. It was believable. Shane's lack of training is okay in this situation because the story made sense.

I bitch so much about WWE's booking, but on three occasions they hit it out of the park tonight.
- New Day vs. Usos was a great HIAC match. Brutal and a great payoff. That was spectacular.

- US title: Corbin gets screwed out of his 1 on 1 match so he actually makes them pay by AJ finishing off Tye and Corbin sneaking the win w/o pinning AJ. Seriously brilliant stuff. It made sense and the recent build/storyline makes sense. I love it when it makes sense.

- Shane/KO: Everything was great. I loved every second of it. It felt big. It felt personal. It felt like the structure made sense. The spots were crazy. I was sweating bullets when they were doing moves on top of the cell. It was great. KO went from hovering around to being a freaking mega star heel. That was awesome.

I also even like that Nakamura isn't winning yet. As long as his big payoff comes at a big time event. I think he should pull off his first title at WM. To be crowned at the biggest stage of them all would be great for Nak. That being said, I still hate Jinder and I hate how Rusev is being booked, but 3 REALLY good stories told tonight by WWE. Stuff you can really sink your teeth into.
I told Gongshow, I think, that Mahal is holding it until Wrestlemania and to get used it to it, and it’s not going to be Nakamura that takes the title off him. It’s going to be John Cena.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I think AJ takes it off if him before WM but you could be very well right. I'm curious what happens to Mahal after he drops the title. I'd like to see him in a good tag team and also have the Singh bros turn into a face tag team.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I told Gongshow, I think, that Mahal is holding it until Wrestlemania and to get used it to it, and it’s not going to be Nakamura that takes the title off him. It’s going to be John Cena.
f
122.gif

Reactions: The Gongshow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad