GDT: WWE Greatest Royal Rumble (27th April 2018) - No Girls Allowed!

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I've watched the NXT matches. I didn't say you wouldn't get any good matches, I said you can't fill an entire PPV. You would get 4 matches tops that are decent, the rest would be sheer garbage, like most of the women's matches are.

As for the Mae Young Classic... that "sold out" two nights is less than 1000 seats and the final followed a Smackdown Event, so you can't even claim they were there to watch that. As for most watched events on the network, I have my doubts about the legitimacy of that claim. The viewership spiked prior to the finals as people wanted to see what happened before the finals (that was when I watched it too), so while they were "most watched shows" in the beginning of September, that would have been for that week and their hadn't been a PPV since SummerSlam. In fact just a quick search tells me 5 Episodes of Holy Foly were in the top 10 in February of 2017, and back in June of 2017 2 episodes of Table for 3 were in the top 5, so let's not pretend like making that list is all that impressive.

Four decent matches at tops in a PPV? That's still better than what the men are producing lately. :P

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they did dona women’s PPV, and they should at some point. Not like next week or anything, it has to be the right market which basically leaves Orlando, New York, Chicago, and Philly. Places where you know you have the fans and are strong in independents.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If they did dona women’s PPV, and they should at some point. Not like next week or anything, it has to be the right market which basically leaves Orlando, New York, Chicago, and Philly. Places where you know you have the fans and are strong in independents.

They should have announced it this week though.

Also anyone who thinks this roster women’s roster couldn’t put on an excellent PPV is out to lunch. Don’t sit here and pretend the women can’t work.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They should have announced it this week though.

Also anyone who thinks this roster women’s roster couldn’t put on an excellent PPV is out to lunch. Don’t sit here and pretend the women can’t work.
They can work but aren’t necessarily allowed to be good.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What a giant load of horse ****. The storylines (while I agree they are terrible) have no effect on the poor in ring quality of women's matches. The women aren't half as good in the ring as their male counterparts. Half the women can't even sell going head first into the turnbuckle for christ sake.

You give the women 8 matches on a PPV and it will be the lowest rated PPV of all time.

Sasha/Bayley
Rousey-Baszler/Charlotte-Becky
Asuka/Cross
Naomi/Natalya
Moon/Mickie
Bliss/Jax

It’s not 8, but there’s no way that card is worse than December to Dismember or Fastlane 2017.

The women can work. This isn’t 2010.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Luckily I am still drunk from last night and have more beer. I bet I pass out before the end of the event though. 6 hours is almost like going to work.

Reactions: tonyhawks77

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Sasha/Bayley
Asuka/Cross
Naomi/Natalya
Moon/Mickie
Bliss/Jax

It’s not 8, but there’s no way that card is worse than December to Dismember or Fastlane 2017.

You can even have the NXT Women’s defended on the event as well.

And if the Women’s Tag Belts are coming, you can aim to have the tournament finals that night too.

It is definitely do-able.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sasha/Bayley
Asuka/Cross
Naomi/Natalya
Moon/Mickie
Bliss/Jax

That card would be as good as any B-PPV WWE does all year.

Some of those matches would have to get time and would be quality as a result.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Given how many spots they have open for the Rumble, I wonder if Booker T will go in

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Cena vs HHH is the opening match.

So no pre-show matches? That’s boring. I don’t need to watch Saxton, Lawler and Booker talk about the matches lol

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Took a peak at the preshow and was confused why it felt off.

Then it hit me it is because Renee isn’t there because she isn’t allowed.

Edit: rumor that Sami isn’t there because he has Syrian in his background.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
the audience seating is so weird, there's such a huge gap on the stadium floor between those plush, comfy seats and the stands.

also the first time I've noticed Cesaro's braces.

only gonna have time to watch Cena/HHH before leaving

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad