GDT: WWE Extreme Rules (4th June 2017) - The Search for Brock

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
How was the PPV? Should I watch it later?

Joe vs Brock is a match I've wanted for ages, but the fact that it is almost definitely a filler feud takes some of the hype out.

Hopefully Brock shows up because it could be an awesome match

No. Do not watch it. Watch maybe the last 10 minutes of the main event and you'll be fine.

If you're absolutely bored maybe the cage match but that's a last case scenario.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
cage match was okay but still so ****ing stupid.

I'd say the only "must watch" is Neville vs. Aries but even that didn't go over ***3/4 to me.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I mean
I thought the fatal five way was fun for what it was

I could watch Bray and his ring psychology all day

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Agnew and Labransky sound like they're at each other's throats about the intercontinental title match

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Good point made here by the LAW on the cage match. Hardyz can dispute the result because Jeff had previously escaped the cage and then Matt was the one pulling him out.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Bayley vs. Alexa: pre-match stip is that the wrestler who gets the kendo stick is permitted to use it and Alexa just uses it anyway. They built to Bayley getting to tee off on Alexa and it just never happened.

Hardys vs. Sheamus and Cesaro: the tv audience thought both wrestlers had to escape simultaneously to win. The crowd in the arena was told nothing so they assumed the first man to escape wins it for his team. The actual rules are that both partners have to escape to win (and a parter who already escaped is permitted to re-join the match!?). The whole match is booked to make all 4 wrestlers look like total idiots.

Aries vs. Neville: really solid match, but once again the stip is ignored as the ref counts for dq's and countouts. Kind of a small thing but it gets annoying.

3 matches in a row with absolute nonsense booking. It's a microcosm of modern WWE. Instead of using stipulations to settle a heated feud, they use stipulations to add interest because every feud has to feature 4 ppv matches and it would get incredibly boring without the gimmick matches.

The result is that gimmick matches become the standard, it lessens the appeal of gimmick matches, and it makes it that much harder for the wrestlers to engage the crowd in a normal wrestling match.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Last i checked theres been no news on any of the lawsuit crap being resolved with the hardys so i don't know why you're expecting broken matt any time soon.

Meltzer already debunked that WWE "bought the rights" to the broken hardyz

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Please send Neville to a company that can actually utilize him properly.

Now that he has a personality he deserves way better than whatever garbage WWE gives.

Also nice ****ing job on finding a way to totally botch a gimmie in Bayley's popularity. She got ****ing boo'd. How. I can't even. That **** was handed to them on a silver platter and they still found a way to make her look totally bland.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
At this point, you have to ask if bayley has some sort of idiotic backstage heat from management over something she did. Like ask for a few days off for wedding stuff or something along those lines. You know, something those idiot suits would get mad at for no reason.

Why else just have her get absolutely **** on.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
At this point, you have to ask if bayley has some sort of idiotic backstage heat from management over something she did. Like ask for a few days off for wedding stuff or something along those lines. You know, something those idiot suits would get mad at for no reason.

Why else just have her get absolutely **** on.

Because they think she's Bryan Danielson. Who actually was getting **** on backstage for no real good reason. They definitely buried her too, she's been losing the feud every which way now. And let's say you're not a Bayley mark, what reason have they given you to believe in her and take her seriously?

Imagine thinking that the face who looked the best coming out of this PPV was the hometown guy. And it's a cruiserweight.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Sasha-Alexa will be a good feud...I assume that's going to be what's next for the Raw women. Alexa has improved so much since the call up...I'm happy they've stuck with her.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Please send Neville to a company that can actually utilize him properly.

Now that he has a personality he deserves way better than whatever garbage WWE gives.

I mean, the guy has been an undefeated heel champion for 5 months and has lost one singles match since he came back from injury. He's pretty much singlehandedly made that division relevant with his outstanding work.

Personally I think Neville vs. Tozawa would be a money feud for the summer.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Bayley looks like a foot and talks with a lisp saying the same exact thing in every promo about how it was her dream to come to the WWE and blah blah blah. I don't get why people think so much of her. I think she is terrible.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
NXT had the right idea with Bayley. Don't let her talk very often, give her obstacles to conquer, abuse her a little bit to build up sympathy, and you're gravy.

Her booking has been atrocious since she's been up. They keep exposing her flaws and ignoring her strengths.

It's the same problem with American Alpha. They're best when they're chasing something, not when they're standing on top of the mountain.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Bayley looks like a foot and talks with a lisp saying the same exact thing in every promo about how it was her dream to come to the WWE and blah blah blah. I don't get why people think so much of her. I think she is terrible.

Wat. She's fine.

Would much rather look at her than Bliss, get weird creepy kiddy vibes from her and i feel like that's on WWE too.

Least if you go on a date with Bayley you don't have to constantly wonder if you're going to be arrested for dating a minor.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Reaction doesn't seem to be good for that Alexa Bayley feud. First the segment from raw and now this match.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
The main card of this pay-per-view (PPV) lasted 2 hours, 44 minutes, and 13 seconds (2h 44m 13s). Here is a sorted list of the bell-to-bell times for the 6 matches that took place during this event:

29m 05s: Balor vs. Rollins vs. Reigns vs. Wyatt vs. Joe
20m 01s: Dean Ambrose vs. The Miz
17m 23s: Neville vs. Austin Aries
14m 56s: Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro & Sheamus
6m 18s: Banks & Swann vs. Fox & Dar
5m 10s: Alexa Bliss vs. Bayley
These times add up to 1h 32m 53s, which is roughly 56.6% of the show. For comparison’s sake, the overall match time percentage for all WWE PPVs since the start of 2013 is 54.1%.
https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cages...739230/wwe-extreme-rules-2017-match-time-list

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA

She's terrible on the mic and is awful in skits.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sasha-Alexa will be a good feud...I assume that's going to be what's next for the Raw women. Alexa has improved so much since the call up...I'm happy they've stuck with her.

Sasha and Alexa should be saved for Summerslam, but we said the same thing about Sasha and Charlotte last year.

But I'm not confident that all the women will just be thrown in with each other instead of having two top people who can go in a match.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->