GDT: WWE Elimination Chamber (17th February 2019)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Vince? Plans? :biglaugh:

He'll rewrite every show 19 times each until Wrestlemania anyway.
Not in the middle of the match he's not. When's the last time they audibled in the middle of a match, like, night after wrestlemania 31?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So was it ever explained why Lacey walked halfway down the ramp and then backstage, without doing anything?

Was that just her calling an audible to remind us that shes still around? :help: :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
New Day at the end bringing all the feels.

"11 years. You deserve that."

I thought they were setting something up there, the way Bryan left quickly and Big E and Xavier ran down and they were sitting on the steps.

Guess they were just giving Kofi the moment, which is nice.

I said it last night, but imagine if SHOCK THE SYSTEM happened.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Not in the middle of the match he's not. When's the last time they audibled in the middle of a match, like, night after wrestlemania 31?
I bet HHH would. It's not like Bryan has any crazy plans for Wrestlemania. And if they decide to do this at Mania, even if they gave Kofi the title, the crowd will be to exhausted to be loud.

These reactions were common place 30 years ago. Now they're few and far between. Could have been special.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm pretty sure the New Day is on record as saying that they'd walk out of the company if they were broken up.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I bet HHH would. It's not like Bryan has any crazy plans for Wrestlemania. And if they decide to do this at Mania, even if they gave Kofi the title, the crowd will be to exhausted to be loud.

These reactions were common place 30 years ago. Now they're few and far between. Could have been special.
HHH did it in the Mae Young Classic last year because Marti Belle was so bad in her match. But in a huge spot like that? No way. He never did it for Gargano when he could have.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
HHH did it in the Mae Young Classic last year because Marti Belle was so bad in her match. But in a huge spot like that? No way. He never did it for Gargano when he could have.
That's different. NXT has actual story writing and they've probably had a baseline of a plan forever. WWE changes weekly. They don't care if they even finish stories on the main roster.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's different. NXT has actual story writing and they've probably had a baseline of a plan forever. WWE changes weekly. They don't care if they even finish stories on the main roster.

So, if Hunter was running the show or doing the booking, you'd have more faith that he shouldn't have called an audible, not that he would have.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
So, if Hunter was running the show or doing the booking, you'd have more faith that he shouldn't have called an audible, not that he would have.
Yes. I also believe this conversation wouldn't be happening because most things would make sense... Like not having New Day interviews during title matches.

But I just meant if he was running the show last night lol

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I've seen that New Day thing twice now, can someone send me a link for that? Not that I don't believe ya'll, just wanna see it cause I never saw it before.

Edit: nevermind, found it. I was misunderstanding and thought they had no singles goals when in actuality they are still down for that just don't think a break up would be necessary to facilitate that which I agree with,

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Shocked to see some of the negative reviews today of the women's EC. I thought it was terrific.

I thought it was clunky but it finished fine. It’s hard to have a good tag match in that structure. Too many people and too small a space. It takes an extraordinary amount of talent to make that work well.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I thought it was clunky but it finished fine. It’s hard to have a good tag match in that structure. Too many people and too small a space. It takes an extraordinary amount of talent to make that work well.

A lot of people are saying "clunky" and a bit of a mess. That is the consistent verbiage. I guess I could see it. Maybe my expectations were so darn low that it blew me away :laugh:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I don't get the reactions. For years Bryan was on the shelf not being able to wrestler and everyone wanted him back, coming up with conspiracies how the WWE will never let Bryan wrestler again.

And now that he is back with the title heading to WM they want him to lose? Did we forget all those years Bryan wasn't in the ring? Yes it would of been a great moment for Kofi but he wasn't even supposed to be in the match in the first place. But I can't be upset about WWE champion Daniel Bryan. This is what we wanted when he had to hang the boots up. Bryan coming back and being the champ.

If there is something I learned from last night is that Becky and Bryan are the 2 of the biggest stars along with Lesnar in the WWE.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Wait people are complaining about Bryan being champ???? :laugh:

I remember one person saying his run was stale but no one really seemed to agree with it, seems like the consensus around here is that Bryan is on fire right now. Whether he drops the belt at Mania or not seems more split, depends on who he faces for me personally. Despite our excitement, it won't be Kofi (but if it was I would happily love to see him win). Anyone else especially a Rey or Orton, Bryan please retain.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I think the WWE just doesnt audible enough and go with the flow, go with the white hot moment. Bryan as champ is awesome, but you fall into this great underdog story, why not go with it? Would have been a great moment and its very rare nowadays you get a crowd that invested as they were with Kofi.

There was an actual belief that Kofi might win. Oh well, I am not torn up about it or anything, but the WWE is just really good at missing the ball and not striking when the iron is hot.

It would be cool if this starts as a big push for Kofi, but I can see him just fading too.

Last edited:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
They still could do that if they wanted to. There are too many risks with just calling audibles especially with how fickle WWE crowds are, just cause they're white hot in that moment doesn't mean it's a sustainable thing. They cheered that hard for Santino too when he was the last in the chamber against once again, Daniel Bryan. Not that him and Kofi are comparable but I'm just talking about crowd reacts.

Bryan/Rowan vs. The New Day as the WWE Championship feud heading into Mania (with the match being a one-on-one of Kofi/Bryan) would be fantastic. Emphasis on the fact that it encompasses all members.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad