GDT: WWE Crown Jewel (November 2nd 2018)

Feb 24, 2017
k7hAM2e.gif
What happened after this? Did he get the mask back?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah after Shane’s overenthusiastic celebration and reaction after winning I got the vibe that this is just something they tuck away and never mention again.

I thought the dude was going to fire an injured Miz for losing lol
Miz will walk out fine on SD lol

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Not a bad show outside of the Shane crap. Both Miz or Dolph could have used a big win. I very much enjoyed the tournament up to that point but I always loved tournaments.

I hate Lesnar, but I'm much more excited for Brock v. AJ than Braun v. AJ.

Like a typical WWE PPV, everything up to AJ's match is good and everything after is trash. It's a formula at this point. Everything up to AJ was **3/4-***3/4. After had two DUDs and a *1\2 affair.

Last edited:

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Only watched the Universal Title match.

They had to be grooming Braun having him kick out of three (four?) F5s after being attacked before the match started.

What was the point of making Brock look like a geek if Braun won't be Champion walking out of the Rumble?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave said the idea is that Shane is going heel and he’s going to put winning the tournament over as HEAT.

Reactions: Natey

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Shane has to be turning heel. That’s the only way potentially firing somebody and then inserting himself in and then the over the top celebration makes any sense.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If he is on chemo and not the Brian Boyle cancer pill, he isn’t going to be at Mania.

He won’t have time to get in shape after it ravishes his body. That assumes it even works and goes into remission.
People are talking like he can be back in 2020 but that’s just not realistic either imo.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
People are talking like he can be back in 2020 but that’s just not realistic either imo.

If Roman is going the chemo route and all goes well the first time around - he's probably still looking at up to 6 months of JUST chemo.

Early 2021 feels like a best case scenario but I'm not a doctor.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If Roman is going the chemo route and all goes well the first time around - he's probably still looking at up to 6 months of JUST chemo.

Early 2021 feels like a best case scenario but I'm not a doctor.
Yeah, and this is a remission. It’ll be intense and his body may never be the same or up to wrestle again.

I said it in another thread, and while everyone was hoping and optimistic the night of and a couple days later, when reality sets in we should just be hopeful that he survives and lives a normal life afterwards. Forget coming back for now, just beat it and live a normal life.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think the correct thing to do in regards to Reigns is to assume that he's never ever coming back, and you should book and plan without him featuring at all.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I think the correct thing to do in regards to Reigns is to assume that he's never ever coming back, and you should book and plan without him featuring at all.

This is correct. Whether it be because you don't know when he'll be back or if he ever does come back (maybe he retires...maybe chemo leaves his road back very hard...I won't even entertain the other option)...you can't even think about Roman and booking with him in mind until he's at the arena the night of and fully ready.

Nobody in the world will be mad if they rewrite everything for his return so until then...don't even worry about it.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I don't watch wrestling anymore...but man Lesnar lost alot of muscle and sorta looks small now from what i remember.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
John Pollock on the Postwrestling post-show said he was told Shane winning the tournament in this fashion was always the plan and intended to set up Survivor Series.
This was the first time I noticed WWE even mention Survivor Series this year. They are mailing it even way more than usual it seems.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Anyway, my friends and I were planning on going to WrestleMania in NY, but after this event taking place and the results of it, I just don't want to spend any more money on WWE than I already do (I'm keeping the Network...). I'll use the money for a trip to San Diego or something instead.

Reactions: Scott Stevens

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One would think Raw vs Smackdown vs NXT plan exists but this year would have been too rushed to do that. Maybe add NXT champs to Night Of Champions?

NXT is never part of these major shows, save for Evolution which was a special occasion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad