GDT: WWE Clash of Champions (17th December 2017) - Revenge of the Hinderer

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Gable has been a heel for awhile.

When the Usos turned face, Gable & Benjamin turned heel.
hmmm, last I was watching The Usos were teetering on the tweener line. That's cool, though. Things haven't seemed to change character wise for The Usos, so I dig it.

Tag team of the year. Slammys coming Tuesday night.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
so happy to know AJ tapped out Jinder and this is the end of the Jinder Mahal experiment.

also regarding The Usos: I think their success as a heel tag team at the beginning that has evolved them to the point of becoming babyfaces with the same character (again, kinda?) is that they were shit-talking heels (and so great at doing it) but backed it up unlike a lot of heels. They're bad ass on the mic, believable as hell, and they're believable because they back it up in the ring with amazing performances and winning their matches.

also melted my heart to see how genuinely happy Rusev and Aiden English seemed to be thanks to the crowd during their song.

also, Daniel Bryan is SO wrestling again. Kinda sucks his first match back in WWE will be against Shane.

Last edited:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
There was a PPV tonight? Did I miss anything good?
I didn't watch either but I've seen some pictures of Jinder from tonight. Some of the acne on his back popped and bled. He's also growing breasts. :eek:

7S9B2OX.jpg

5JUEIro.jpg

Last edited:

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
did Rowan pin Fandango?

Having Breezango job (as in enhancement level squash match) to the Mallet Brothers was incredibly stupid. First off, there was no recap of the... 6 month build towards the match?!? Second, people actually like Breezango and they can put on quality matches, as they've done in the past when they wrestled for the titles. Third, no one takes the BB's seriously. They are like an early/mid 90's WCW experiment. Finally, and probably most importantly, there was no need to rush this match and the fallout was two unnecessarily drawn out matches that devalued themselves. What a terrible call by whoever produced that PPV. Idiots.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I'm pretty sure I fell asleep during the 2 ref tag last night. Just saw a review.

Shane really refused to count a fall for the team he doesn't like?

Worst. Face. Ever.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Having Breezango job (as in enhancement level squash match) to the Mallet Brothers was incredibly stupid. First off, there was no recap of the... 6 month build towards the match?!? Second, people actually like Breezango and they can put on quality matches, as they've done in the past when they wrestled for the titles. Third, no one takes the BB's seriously. They are like an early/mid 90's WCW experiment. Finally, and probably most importantly, there was no need to rush this match and the fallout was two unnecessarily drawn out matches that devalued themselves. What a terrible call by whoever produced that PPV. Idiots.

Fashion Police are fantastic and they've done an amazing job the last 6 months (or however long it's been) but for whatever reason....WWE just doesn't see them as a real team. They got over. People love them. They can both go in the ring.

And they're still on par with no name tag teams they've pulled from a local indy circuit in the minds of booking. They could easily be a quality team in the tag team title picture but hey.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'm pretty sure I fell asleep during the 2 ref tag last night. Just saw a review.

Shane really refused to count a fall for the team he doesn't like?

Worst. Face. Ever.

I think it was because Bryan accidently "broke up" Shane's 3 count on Zayn so it was to "make it even" by not counting. I am sure that's how it will be spun.

But yes, Shane hasn't acted like a face....in forever?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I have no idea why they don't just turn Rusev and English face and put them in main events. They are insanely over, turn them face and the Rusev Day shirts become an even bigger licence to print money.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I have no idea why they don't just turn Rusev and English face and put them in main events. They are insanely over, turn them face and the Rusev Day shirts become an even bigger licence to print money.

Vince McMahon will tell you what to like and you will like it damnit!

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Stupid thing with the fashion police, if you needed to have the bludgeon brothers on the ppv in a squash have the ascension say we are gonna show you how we are truly best friends and take on the B.B. for you. They get crushed and then down the line the fashion police have a competitive match va the bludgeon brothers and lose. Everyone is better of with that.

Rusev and English are gonna be tag champs soon way too over. (3rd different gimmick Rusev has gotten over)

Usos are the template for how Roman Reigns should be turned heel and let the crowd fall in love with him.

I think it might be randy vs Bryan and not Shane. As Nakamura was protected in the match so he’s probably going to wm vs AJ

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WWE pls clear Daniel Bryan, have him kill Shane McMahon at Wrestlemania (ugh) and then work Nakamura and Styles back-to-back on Smackdown...

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I like Rusev, find it funny to read all the pro Rusev comments.

when he started in NXT with his board breaking gimmick the IWC was against him, joking how Vince will push him to the moon and he is another useless big guy etc... He was treated like Reigns or any other muscle guy.

Few years later after being "held down" everyone wants him to be in the ME. If he was pushed hard from day 1 I wonder if he would get Reigns level hate or would the internet fans still love him?

I liked the story of the tag match but I have really been into the whole storyline and thing its a great pro wrestling story. Also something that has been long termed booked as well.

I really want to know where its going. Is DB coming back? Is Shane going heel? Is DB going heel? KO and Sami going face? Pro Wrestling sometimes doesn't need to make the most sense and needs zany twists and turns and this story is delivering. So far we have had a Zayn heel turn and now either Shane or DB will go heel as well. For all we know this could end up being Shane and Sami vs Owens and DB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->