GDT: WWE Backlash

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I like Jeff Hardy but nope to him against shameus. I only wanna see Edge Orton this time and see what they do after that wrestlemania crap.

Wwe should put Backlash as the event after Saudi shows. For the lulz.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sasha and Bayley finally get to defend the tag titles on NXT after they were wrongfully submarined from that the first time

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One way to discredit a face champion who was handed the title by default is to book a double count out in their first championship defense against a terrible wrestler

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
The show is better than I expected tbh but its not easy to watch without legit crowds. The Miz song was funny.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That finish is everything people talk about when it comes to WWE not making stars. Just let the guy win without stupidity.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
what a mess this show is. this better be the greatest wrestling match ever

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
That made the infamous WCW Mini Movie of Chetum the One Eyed Midget blowing up Sting and Davey Boy's boat look like Citizen Kane in comparison.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This is sort of the problem here. We have a an actual fun match but because this "greatest match of all time" moniker is over it, I find myself wondering wtf is going on.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That was assuredly the best match they were ever going to come up with.

Reactions: ColePens

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Man I wanted Lashley to upset and win the match. I love this new version with MVP as the coach/enthusiast.

Now please let Lana walk. She serves no purpose, other than make our ears bleed.

As for Edge va Orton, damn those 2 did not disappoint, even with the ridiculous expectations behind it. That was fun. Now let's see what's next for Edge.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Quick thoughts

Apollo Cruise over Andrade - That was a fun match, shame it was preshow. Kevin Owens gets involved
Iconics vs CrossBliss vs Banks and Baley - Lots of little botches in this match, but overall it was fun. Kind of missed some obvious story points that go with a three way matchup. I expected either the Iconics or Bliss and Cross to breakup, didn't happen. Bayley has grown on me as a heel in the last few months
Jeff Hardy vs Sheamus - From a physical match standpoint it wasn't bad. But it didn't tell a story, especially with the setup and was more of a Raw match, next time put it in a cage
Miz and Morrison loose to Strowman - Love Miz and Morrison as comedy heels, but they changed the stupulation today stupidly and it stripped the energy out of the match. Teased a break up. Ok match
Asuka vs Jax - Jax messed up every aspect of this match because for such a big girl she's surprisingly weak. Her offense looked terrible and fake. She messed up a spot outside the ring (She was suppossed to reef Askuka up in a powerbomb from the arm bar but was too weak to do it so the move was shelved. Same thing with the ring apron spot which lead to the awkward falling out of the ring. Loved the Where's Kairi followed by a Asuka punch in the mouth and a three minute beatdown. But Jax doesn't belong on the main roster anymore. Too weak, too slow, bad technically no charisma, please don't do a return match.
Viking Raiders vs Street Profit - Just stupid and trash, Tozawa is now a ninja biker. A waist of the Street Profits, and the Viking Raiders have been booked into oblivion. From AEW's stadium Stampede which was all one long inside joke by AEW's executives where they smoked dope probably and thought they were funny, to this to Wyatt Cena. Piss off with the mini movies, these are worst the Mick Foley's lost in San Francisco stuff.
Lashley vs McInttyre - Really good match, Lashley and MVP just work. Lashley did good work as did McIntyre. We almost had a legit murder in this match as a botch ended with McIntyre going head first outside of the ring.
Edge vs Orton - Actually a really really good match, but I hate that wrestlers are just magically kicking out of finishing moves, its such stupid booking, and its dumb because finishers now mean nothing. This is the last we see of Edge for a good long while. The Orton Whisper I think it was "Go home and tell Beth and (kids names) that uncle Randy says hello. Creepy.

Not a bad PPV, better then the last few, but the movie match stinks of Bruce Pritchard and Stephanie.

Just stop it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad