WWE 2K20ish

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Just started playing around with Universe for the first time. I wanted to create my own brand and remove all of the WWE shows, but when I did the PPVs disappeared as well. I was hoping to keep the PPVs but remove Raw, Smackdown, NXT and 205. Is there something I am doing wrong? Also it seems like there is never any title matches except during PPVs.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just started playing around with Universe for the first time. I wanted to create my own brand and remove all of the WWE shows, but when I did the PPVs disappeared as well. I was hoping to keep the PPVs but remove Raw, Smackdown, NXT and 205. Is there something I am doing wrong? Also it seems like there is never any title matches except during PPVs.
PPV's are linked to the shows that host it. Also, you can only do PPV's on Sundays (pain in the ass if you're trying to do a takeover. You should be able to do title matches on a TV, but you have to select it when you set up the match, I think? (I didn't get 2K19, but it's how it worked for the last two)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Make your brand, your show, and then go into the PPV's and set your brand as the host show and then delete Raw & SmackDown.

The game only books title matches on the PPV's about 95% of the time. Sometimes you'll sim from one PPV to another, and notice a title change happened, it's rare though. To have TV title matches, you need to book them yourselves.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’m not buying it.

Apparently he completely restarted from scratch though.

Yeah I'm looking into it.

I dunno, I always say I'm not buying the WWE 2K games and I always end up buying them. TEW might be the same thing :laugh:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Recently, Yuke’s Game Design Supervisor, Bryan Williams, teased that he was working on something related to the game (wwe 2k). Williams said that he had a six hour long meeting on a potential project, which he did not reveal about much.

wwe 2k is "always" announced before E3.

then Williams retweeted about another meeting. for a project that he hopes becomes reality and added " they played a lot of Here Comes the Pain today."

now. it means absolutely nothing. lol.
...but now me and the internet are crying and hoping this is happening.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Recently, Yuke’s Game Design Supervisor, Bryan Williams, teased that he was working on something related to the game (wwe 2k). Williams said that he had a six hour long meeting on a potential project, which he did not reveal about much.

wwe 2k is "always" announced before E3.

then Williams retweeted about another meeting. for a project that he hopes becomes reality and added " they played a lot of Here Comes the Pain today."

now. it means absolutely nothing. lol.
...but now me and the internet are crying and hoping this is happening.

There have been rumors of two WWE games, 2k more sim style, and the making of a more arcade style game, so maybe that's something.

Also....it is kind of weird there is zero news on 2k20 so far. Like none.

Reactions: Disclose

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
There have been rumors of two WWE games, 2k more sim style, and the making of a more arcade style game, so maybe that's something.

Also....it is kind of weird there is zero news on 2k20 so far. Like none.

Considering we are less than 3 months to release, it's very very odd.

I wish they'd bring back GM Mode, but with the brand split effectively dead, probably not.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Cue the outrage that Becky needs to share the cover with Roman (or it seemed that way anyway)

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
that trailer is weird..... i kinda like it lol.

the career mode was outstanding last year. but needs to be longer.
the rest is the same. i know what to expect. gm mode wont save it.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i guess everything will be released later today. but here is more leaked info.
we get WWE Smackdown! <3 (same game. they just putting the old name)

2k20.png

2k201.png

2k202.png

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They released the info. Reigns and Becky on the cover officially.

I’m underwhelmed. Likely won’t buy it. No GM Mode.

Unless they reveal big changes to Universe Mode....

- Showcase is about the Women’s Revolution, following the rise of Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, & Bayley.

- MyCareer Mode now features the ability to be a female character.

- Mixed Tag Team Matches now playable.

- WWE Originals, which is supposed to add new Showcase stuff more than just what is there at launch. Essentially said it’ll be DLC to be purchased though.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yeah sounds kinda weak. That $120 bundle seems pretty dumb to me too.

For me it depends on how much they expanded mycareer mode. I enjoyed last years it was super cheesy in a good way, but the skill tree was unnecessarily convoluted.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
To recap:

- New Showcase story (like every year)
- New Career Mode story (like every year)
- New Originals thing (Which is DLC, so not in base game).

It’s so funny to me that WWE2K pushes DLC needing additional purchase as a reason to buy the game.

Like, the base game is an updated version of last year, and if you want new stuff you need to pay even more money

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yeah it's dumb. I should just put my money towards firepro instead for PS4. I bet once I learn all the new controls I would have much more fun than with 2k.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad