WWE 2K20ish

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
The gameplay has been good for awhile, my complaint seems to go along with the people of the mighty internet who also complain of the game modes being subpar. I read about the upgrades to the game modes so hopefully they are better this year. Although reading about Universe Mode, it would be a shame if the belts are once again limited per show meaning you can't do the proper "brand split" as well not being able to do a 3rd PPV per month, so no NXT Takeovers.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Apparently you can set up squash matches.

Imma buy this game just to resquash Jinder

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Only played this for an hour so far but the game is super fun. Ive done a HIAC and a Rumble match. The difficulty is a bit harder this year too. I haven't touched Universe or MyCareer yet, but lots of people seem to be complaining about MyCareer already.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I've played a tiny bit of Universe Mode, but I like it better than last years. Gameplay is amazing.

Haven't tried MyCareer yet though

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I've picked up WWE for the first time in a few years.

So far, impressed with the expansive roster and some of the cool things you can do outside the ring with the backstage brawl and the outside finishers.

Kinda hoped Universe Mode was a little more deep. It's nice to setup promos and stuff, but eventually I get to the point where I just sim and sim and sim.

MyCareer is alright, just got called up to the main roster and got fired in my third week on RAW :laugh:

Hopefully the DLC is good, I know the Hardys are going to be included, so that's good.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I had no idea the angry video game nerd even made new videos!

He does at times, just not very often anymore because he's focused on other things. If you search the Cinemassacre channel, they've got a ton of stuff on there. He's just done so many that he's running out of games and it also takes a lot of time to do one

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Loving this year's edition. Surprisingly not many bugs for me yet. But I don't play Universe or My Career really.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just fired up the game for the first time. I see Sasha was champion at just the right time.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
My universe crashed for the billionth time since owning this game. My advice is to not bother playing any game modes until a patch comes out since 2k loves putting out completely broken games.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Doesn't seem like a lot of talk in here so I assume many people don't have the game, but if you were thinking of getting it and playing Universe Mode here are some of the common problems I have.

- Game crashes if you set up any promo other than "calling someone out"
- All rivalries being created are going 12 weeks, and sometimes they just don't end and you just play each other over and over past that
- No rhyme or reason to the power rankings, guys climb while losing, fall while winning, etc.
- No rhyme or reason to "potential rivalries" the rivalry meter will rise and fall with no real correlation from events
- Good chance of crashing in post match run-ins, seems to happen a lot
- High intense rivalries will be booked wrestler vs wrestler for weeks on end, so before you even get to a PPV the two rivals have wreslted every week on RAW

I havent tried career mode yet, but apparently most of the side quests are very glitched and/or broken.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well my entire universe crashed and it won’t load so if I wanted to do it again I have to start from scratch.

Advice is don’t buy this game. It’s a piece of garbage.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I’ve been following DenkOps career mode. Not cool imo that it’s not open and still so linear. Backstage interactions are so boring for the most part. It’s buggy. They’ll have you re-do matches if you don’t win when you’re supposed to rather than building onto a branching, losing storyline. It doesn’t seem so fun like I imagined it would be. That’s a shame.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Well my entire universe crashed and it won’t load so if I wanted to do it again I have to start from scratch.

Advice is don’t buy this game. It’s a piece of garbage.
Seems like every year. I always advise people to only play exhibition if they get this game. The rest isn't worth it until 2K implements some kind of cloud save feature.

Exhibition is worth the price to me but I totally get why others wouldn't want that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->