WWE 2K20ish

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
usually SONY, Microsoft, Nintendo dont release games if theyre bad.
they have to pass certain tests.

the game sells alot, so they probably thought no one would care.
but every video is a mess. lollll
Microsoft needs to do the same thing. if the game is incomplete or just bad, then force them to fix it.
f*** your schedules.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Games getting released broken isnt that uncommon these days. This sounds extra special broken.

I feel bad because I imagine the grunt workers went through an insane development crunch just to get it out the door

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I was about to say there's broken, and then there's this. Holy god.

You could get 2K19 with a better roster and better...everything for like 10 to 20 bucks.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
The gameplay itself isn’t great, but the My Career mode is super fun just like last year. I’ve only just made it out of NXT, but I’ve really enjoyed it so far.

Totally worth a rental if you find it at a Redbox.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
They don’t beta test at all. They have paying customers submit bug tickets and then fix a couple things here and there with three patch updates over the year.

and those patch fixes end up breaking other things. And the cycle continues.

Excited for potentially a Yukes/AKI AEW game.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They're not going to fix anything. They're going to work on 2k21 and leave this as is, maybe a patch here and there.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
"as a former beta tester" he should know DEVS dont give a f*** about what we flag, when they're on a schedule.

no excuse the game is bad. but lol at the "tester" thinking we're important or that our opinion matters lol.
we're just above the janitors in the importance of our job in those companies.
(at the end its Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo) who decided whats wrong and what NEEDs to be fixed in order to get the green light to be released.

Reactions: Morozov

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They probably had to rebuild the entire game after Yukes bounced and 2K or WWE refused to delay the game so they pushed an unfinished product out the door
It's exactly what happened, and VC wasn't willing to spend entire days without sleep / sleeping under their desk like Yukes developers would to ensure they had a finished game.

They should have skipped this cycle. It was honestly stupid to ditch Yukes before next generation anyways. At least with next gen that's your out for having an unfinished / poor game for a year -- it's not a great look, but at least you can buy it because a lot of games have a hiccup for their first game on new gen.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's exactly what happened, and VC wasn't willing to spend entire days without sleep / sleeping under their desk like Yukes developers would to ensure they had a finished game.

They should have skipped this cycle. It was honestly stupid to ditch Yukes before next generation anyways. At least with next gen that's your out for having an unfinished / poor game for a year -- it's not a great look, but at least you can buy it because a lot of games have a hiccup for their first game on new gen.

I would be shocked if they didn’t crunch to get a bootable game out the door. It’s a common and really screwed up process in the gaming industry, and if they didn’t I don’t blame VC one bit for not wanting to subject their workers to it. 2K and WWE should have just delayed the game in that case.

The problem with skipping is that isn’t VC’a call. I am not even sure that is 2K’s call. It might be WWE’s.

I have to find the source but I believe one year they wanted to delay until Mania to get the game working better and add more features and WWE said no.

Though even if that isn’t true, not skipping or not delaying is usually the publisher’s call so that would be 2K.

EA and Ubisoft pull this shit all the time. Though EA doesn’t usually let this happen to their yearly sports titles at least. Not to this extent.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I would be shocked if they didn’t crunch to get a bootable game out the door. It’s a common and really screwed up process in the gaming industry, and if they didn’t I don’t blame VC one bit for not wanting to subject their workers to it. 2K and WWE should have just delayed the game in that case.

The problem with skipping is that isn’t VC’a call. I am not even sure that is 2K’s call. It might be WWE’s.

I have to find the source but I believe one year they wanted to delay until Mania to get the game working better and add more features and WWE said no.

Though even if that isn’t true, not skipping or not delaying is usually the publisher’s call so that would be 2K.

EA and Ubisoft pull this **** all the time. Though EA doesn’t usually let this happen to their yearly sports titles at least. Not to this extent.

EA’s NHL 15 disagrees

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
when i worked there i repeat. none of Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo would publish games in their consoles/PC if it wasnt playable.
They would FORCE the companies to submit the game again (it cost the publishers money) in order for them to green light them.

The bugs we're seeing online are obviously among the worse and the game IS bad indeed. im not defending it.
but listen. have you seen Madden? theres so many idiotic things that happen on that super popular game that its just not cool... lol
shit ton of videos out there that you can compare at how that game SHOULDNT be released either. but we dont complain.

at the end i agree 2k shoulda waited after they changed teams.
but its not the only company to get away with crappy bugs. i personally havent seen any of that (yet)

(but yes. it sucks. stick to 2k19 lol)
(only "NEW" thing i saw is Tables in HIAC matches...............)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It definitely happens more often then it should with big budget AAA games. I remember Mass Effect Andromeda being complete shit out the box. Anthem, Fallout 76. It seems to happen to Sonic games every other year.

I can’t think of this much of a buggy unfinished mess with a yearly sports title though. You get issues some years, especially when releasing on new hardware as the developers are still getting a feel for things, but never this bad.

Yearly titles are pretty much immune from major disasters because they are pretty much the same game repackaged yearly with just some asset updates and minor gameplay tweaks.

You also don’t get developer switches two months before launch leaving the new crew needing to swap out a ton of code this late either.

Why did 2K and Yukes part ways in the first place?

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
basically THQ died and 2k picked the WWE lisence.
so while THQ was working with Yukes, 2k kept them, but also brought Visual Concepts and prioritized them, slowly over the years. (since 2012)
Yukes got mad that they couldnt do anything new cuz they kept being shut down by VC/2k, Until Yukes in May just flat out said they were working on a new game "acknowledging that the deteriorating relationship with 2K Sports was part of the decision to do so"

Oct 18, 2011
Games getting released broken isnt that uncommon these days. This sounds extra special broken.

I feel bad because I imagine the grunt workers went through an insane development crunch just to get it out the door
I hate what's happened to video games, they rush shit out to take your money, then try to microtransaction the f*** outta you and make minor patches, but not enough so they can tell you in the next game it will be fixed.

Rinse and repeat

Reactions: McRpro

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I hate what's happened to video games, they rush **** out to take your money, then try to microtransaction the **** outta you and make minor patches, but not enough so they can tell you in the next game it will be fixed.

Rinse and repeat

Video games as a service is killing this industry. Look at Fallout 76 where they are now asking you to pay a subscription for features that should have been in the base game.

End of the day though is enough people keep spending money. They buy the micro packs. They preorder and buy the $100 collector’s edition.

f*** people preordered this game just because The Fiend was announced as DLC despite that DLC not even being available day 1.

People need to just forget the idea of 2K losing the license. They will pump out the same game for 2K1. It won’t be as broken, but it will still be bland, missing features, and have wonky graphics for some of the models.

Moral of the story is never preorder. Never buy a game day one from any company outside of maybe Nintendo. And never ever buy those $200 collector packs.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Video games as a service is killing this industry. Look at Fallout 76 where they are now asking you to pay a subscription for features that should have been in the base game.

End of the day though is enough people keep spending money. They buy the micro packs. They preorder and buy the $100 collector’s edition.

**** people preordered this game just because The Fiend was announced as DLC despite that DLC not even being available day 1.

People need to just forget the idea of 2K losing the license. They will pump out the same game for 2K1. It won’t be as broken, but it will still be bland, missing features, and have wonky graphics for some of the models.

Moral of the story is never preorder. Never buy a game day one from any company outside of maybe Nintendo. And never ever buy those $200 collector packs.
I would prefer to preorder a Naughty Dog game over Nintendo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->