WWE 2K20ish

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Seems like every year. I always advise people to only play exhibition if they get this game. The rest isn't worth it until 2K implements some kind of cloud save feature.

Exhibition is worth the price to me but I totally get why others wouldn't want that.

Yeah this year I was all hyped for a wrestling game for some reason and just went in on the release date. Man I just feel like these games are on the verge of being great if 2k could do a legitimate universe mode and story mode.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah this year I was all hyped for a wrestling game for some reason and just went in on the release date. Man I just feel like these games are on the verge of being great if 2k could do a legitimate universe mode and story mode.
I feel like they'd need to take like 2-3 years off games to really work on the bugs.

I wish the next 2 editions would feature NOTHING NEW except some roster updates, etc. The rest of the time they need to work on fixing all the bugs. Honestly, these are so close to the being the best games of all time, as far as wrestling is concerned... but the stupid bugs and broken modes break it so hard.

For me, it's pretty much perfect because I just run storylines in TEW and then do the matches on 2K18 in Exhibition which seems to be the only mode that works well.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Those CAW makers are awesome.

ywsHiW6iAGkSN6YRU8LWCaOhWoU3OqIozuSW61JHHtQ.jpg

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Found a way to make VC if you're willing to work for it.

Make a match between someone like Lesnar (or CAW with high 90's OVR and hit momentum, grappling, attack moves) vs someone VERY WEAK (like Enzo)

Game should notify you of a SQUASH MATCH. Hit him with a STRONG running attack. Next move after that will already give you a signature. Use it then F-5. BOOM! You win in under 1 minute.

You'll get almost 400 VC every time. Better than taking forever to get 4-5 stars in a match and needing 20~ minutes to do so.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
So I've patiently waited like I had planned, and now it's only $39 on Black Friday. Do you guys still recommend the game? I'm mostly concerned with the actual game play and not in the modes like universe or career. I just want good exhibition game play.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
If you just want good exhibition play then yes. Did you plan on any game mode working and being good then no. Every mode besides exhibition is broken and terrible.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
DenkOps career mode just looks so broken lmao. He had 5 weeks of promos in a row and a lot of things just don’t make sense at all.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
DenkOps career mode just looks so broken lmao. He had 5 weeks of promos in a row and a lot of things just don’t make sense at all.

He clearly signed a part-timer contract before getting the WWE Title. Makes sense to me

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He clearly signed a part-timer contract before getting the WWE Title. Makes sense to me
I remember one video where someone talked to him backstage about an attack he never did and kept acting and talking to his character as if he did the attack and the actions and whatnot that would follow. Like what the f***. How does that even happen

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Well this doesn't sound encouraging lol. might just pick up 2k16 again and play as my boy Farooq, I loved that attitude era theme.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What's the easiest way of starting a universe mode and skipping to, say, survivor series weekend with nothing changing

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
What's the easiest way of starting a universe mode and skipping to, say, survivor series weekend with nothing changing

You’d just have to sim and then vacate and assign the titles how you want them, and set the rivalries you want.

But you can’t sim through the Universe without anything happening.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Well this doesn't sound encouraging lol. might just pick up 2k16 again and play as my boy Farooq, I loved that attitude era theme.

If you are just doing exhibition, get 2K18. Even the career mode is fine, despite the bugs. Universe Mode can be fun, despite limitations as well.

Especially this weekend, since you should be able to get it at a good price

Reactions: Belieber

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I remember one video where someone talked to him backstage about an attack he never did and kept acting and talking to his character as if he did the attack and the actions and whatnot that would follow. Like what the ****. How does that even happen

I had something similar. I started that quest, but every time I went out, the person I was attacking changed, and then when I came back stage, the person I was doing it got changed as well.

It was like I was warping through different versions of that quest lmao

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You’d just have to sim and then vacate and assign the titles how you want them, and set the rivalries you want.

But you can’t sim through the Universe without anything happening.

Hope it doesn't screw up their stars or anything.

And dammit, how to I active the NXT pack i just downloaded?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hope it doesn't screw up their stars or anything.

And dammit, how to I active the NXT pack i just downloaded?

Just close the game and go back in, or back out all the way to the start menu

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I did a sim through and Roman Reigns is Universal AND Intercontinental champion. Vince has this game fixed!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
DenkOps already had to finish his career mode stuff because the main story already finished and he's working 6-man tags with the likes of Bo Dallas despite being Universal Champion.

what

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Started a Universe Mode with all the ruthless aggression era guys.

HHH, HBK, Angle, Cena, Batista, Orton, RVD, CAW Mysterio, Guerrero, Edge, Christian, Taker, Kane. I also added CM Punk because I wanted too. Kept AJ, Roode, Balor and Nakamura in. Trish, Lita, Mickie, Alexa, Charlotte and Asuka make up the small Women’s division.

Wish the Hardy Boyz were playable so I could add them.

I think I’ll download The Dudley’s.

Anyone else I should download?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->