Speculation: WWAC Conference Predictions

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
With only a few days left until the long overdue start to the NHL season, a handful of
WWAC writers were asked to predict what the final regular season standings will look
like. Naturally, some common themes presented themselves throughout each list, but
youʼll also notice a few surprising, somewhat bold selections, leaving one to wonder
“really?†or “what do they know that I donʼt?â€. Wondering who might have the best
chance at battling for the cup and even eventually hoisting it when all is said and done?

http://www.wewantacup.com/headlines/1164-wwac-conference-predictions

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Almost any selections this year are somewhat bold. There are a whole bunch of players who are going to lose the first quarter of their seasons to deconditioning. Its going to get ugly in there. But Anaheim 14th in the West?

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
kadri will have a spot now, look for the leafs to make the playoffs.
writers are to early in making predictions

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
It seems every year I think Boston has no business in the playoffs and each year someone on that team becomes a warlock and kicks the NHL's ass in Narnia.

Alright, yet another year... Boston has no business in the playoffs. They're not some mystical, magical team. They have weakness up the middle, and rely on a lot of intimidation and they also benefit from having Zdeno Chara on the back-end.

They haven't much scoring depth, and have relied heavily on solid defensive play.

This year they have no Thomas, and Rask looked very shaky through most of the games he was used in.

I expect them to fall out of playoff contention this year.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
It seems every year I think Boston has no business in the playoffs and each year someone on that team becomes a warlock and kicks the NHL's ass in Narnia.

Alright, yet another year... Boston has no business in the playoffs. They're not some mystical, magical team. They have weakness up the middle, and rely on a lot of intimidation and they also benefit from having Zdeno Chara on the back-end.

They haven't much scoring depth, and have relied heavily on solid defensive play.

This year they have no Thomas, and Rask looked very shaky through most of the games he was used in.

I expect them to fall out of playoff contention this year.

Everyone's entitled to their own prediction and yours is certainly a bold one.

Boston's a really solid team. Bergeron and Krejci down the middle, they have a whole bunch of guys who can score (second in the league last year), and Rask was great last year.

The only possible way they miss the playoffs is if Rask plays terribly IMO, and / or a huge injury early to Chara.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad