WTH is wrong with the Sedins?

ZZZZZZZ

Jan 25, 2007
Paradise!
They look old and predictable this year!

1 point in 4 games!!!!!!!!!

They gave the puck up at least 5 times last night in the Hawk zone and they absolutely refuse to shoot the damn puck,when they have a chance.

They must have had 4 or 5 great chances in the slot and they were looking to pass to someone instead.

This is a problem with the entire team though,and the fact that there are never any bodies in front of the net...........why?
rant.gif

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think you've been getting too many "Zzzzzzz"s. they had their best game last night and are rounding into form. It's been 2 weeks and they haven't played in around 8 months.

VanEric

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Guys were constantly going to the net. Do people not watch the games? Do you expect someone to just sit down and read a newspaper in front of the net while everyone else plays 4 on 5?

Lundface*

Are you okay?

They may have taken a step back thats about it. I doubt we see them lead the league in points again...

That said they were fine last night. They went head to head with either the Bolland/Kane line or the Toews line and came out on top. At this point we are strictly a one line team. I'd look for the lines with the easier matchups to start producing a bit more

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Stop boxscore scouting.

Their line has been producing. I love Kassian, but his success early on doesn't came without the Sedins beside him.

Because Kesler is out, opposition is just going to double down their best defenses on the Sedins.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
They are slightly out of sync. In the LA game, one of them falls and takes out the other. Henrik made a bad pass and Daniel had to dive to prevent the turnover. They'll get it together but they're not playing anything close to their best hockey.

Dado

Combined, they're on pace for a (pro-rated) 60 point season, so one hot streak and they're right in the 70-80 point range we should expect them to be in. Cause for some slight concern, perhaps, but I certainly wouldn't be panicking just yet.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
In defense of the OP, I saw Daniel miss a pass from Henrik last night, and I was curious, I saw Henrik then miss a pass from Daniel, and it was full on panic attack city; only then I remember to pop a valium, then the universe is whole again.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I'm not exactly cheery positive, "our team can do no wrong" guy at all, but whenever I see fans of my own team get fiery angry over how certain players don't live up to their expectations and act like they're owed it, I wish that I could just watch hockey in an empty stadium by myself.

ZZZZZZZ

Jan 25, 2007
Paradise!
I'm not exactly cheery positive, "our team can do no wrong" guy at all, but whenever I see fans of my own team get fiery angry over how certain players don't live up to their expectations and act like they're owed it, I wish that I could just watch hockey in an empty stadium by myself.

LOL.....oh please!

We're talking about millionaires who are playing a game !

They're getting paid an exaggerated amount of money to stay in shape and entertain people.

You're damn right I expect more out of the 2 supposed best players the Canucks have...cause if this is it,then we can kiss the season goodbye.

And don't start that it's only 8 games,that BS...........

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
LOL.....oh please!

We're talking about millionaires who are playing a game !

They're getting paid an exaggerated amount of money to stay in shape and entertain people.

You're damn right I expect more out of the 2 supposed best players the Canucks have...cause if this is it,then we can kiss the season goodbye.

And don't start that it's only 8 games,that BS...........
They're getting paid millions because you gave them your money to be entertained and to see them compete-- that transaction is paid in full as far as I'm concerned. It's one thing to call a spade a spade, be critical, and show your disappointment/frustration, hope for a better effort, and possibly gradually lose interest if you don't get what you want out of it, but it doesn't matter what you expect. You aren't owed it no matter how much money you put into it and your angry demands and going "WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!" is very childish and arrogant.

I'm not apologizing for them or worrying about their hurt feelings or anything like that-- I just think it's a crazy attitude to have.

Last edited:

Steve Bennett*

Are you okay?

They may have taken a step back thats about it. I doubt we see them lead the league in points again...

That said they were fine last night. They went head to head with either the Bolland/Kane line or the Toews line and came out on top. At this point we are strictly a one line team. I'd look for the lines with the easier matchups to start producing a bit more

I sincerely doubt that. Not to homer the Sedins but they are still in their peak years, maybe last year offensively was a bit down, and so far this year they have not been their usual over a ppg kind of guys. But I believe they will flourish as the season progresses and they get their legs going. I think they will find their most intense stride as the playoffs begin. I still don't think most teams can consistently contain them - it's usually on their own account when they can not rack up points. I have a lot of faith in them this year and for the next few years as well. Mind you I am an optimist. :)

chopkins

Super Bowl Champs
Aug 7, 2009
Vancouver
They're the only line on the team that has any elite offensive talent. Teams are going to focus on them more than usual until Kesler and Booth return.

And did you not watch last game? The Sedins were great. Set up lots of chances in the 1st period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad