WTF with Cam Barker?

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
I mean he sucked all previous years in any league he played in (KHL as well). And this season he's been playing so far like the best KHL defenseman.

Don't do this. Any redundant hype make chances him staying in Slovan less likely. :D
But yeah, actually after Visnovsky and Sekera he is definitely the best D wearing Slovan jersey I've ever seen.

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
we must hope he stays at slovan.
he has small baby, so hope he things about it before accepting offer from other KHL club somewhere in mid of russia ;-)
(dont get me wrong: i love russia and the country, but for a lone canadian wife with baby it could be difficult ??)
..or slovan get extra sponsor? his joursey was taken at auction for 4000 euro -most ever highest price in history (more than satan)- maybe thats the next sponsor?

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
he has small baby, so hope he things about it before accepting offer from other KHL club somewhere in mid of russia ;-)
(dont get me wrong: i love russia and the country, but for a lone canadian wife with baby it could be difficult ??)
..or slovan get extra sponsor? his joursey was taken at auction for 4000 euro -most ever highest price in history (more than satan)- maybe thats the next sponsor?
What do you mean "difficult"? It sounds like he would have to live in an iglu. If he gets more money, he will go. It's just simple as that. The only hope for us is that he is a Canadian falling into the foreigners limit for Russian teams.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

All Russain teams, that can pay big money, are from big cities, where there are a lot of rich people, and quality of life is pretty good.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
good off season? good coach? good linemates?

Definitely not good linemates, he is the one carrying our defense and he is also our best offensive d-man by far barring Visnovsky (he is injured). However, after the arrival of Kundratek, he has been paired with him and Kundratek has been really good too. Nevertheless, Barker has been carrying our defense (and offense too, actually) throughout the whole season.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I mean he sucked all previous years in any league he played in (KHL as well). And this season he's been playing so far like the best KHL defenseman.

Well the guy went 3rd overall. The real question should be how on Earth did he end up playing for Slovan in the KHL at 29 years of age.

Overall tho, I'm pretty sure this season is an exception to the rule and he will be going back to terrible in no time. If I would be a GM of a rich team I would stay as far away from him as possible. Somebody will get fooled tho, there is always somebody.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
His shooting % is way higher than in previous years.

The case with this is that he plays powerplays which - I suppose - was not the case in previous teams. And Barker has a special feeling for shooting; he scored many goals not only with big slapshots but also with small shots which would usually be supposed only for a rebound, but he is able to capture the moment when goalie can see nothing.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
So Barker finished the regular season as the points leader of all defensemen. In a recent interview he said he still has hopes of returning to the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad