WTF is wrong with Patches ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Maxpac isn't 'complimentary' in any way. He drives the offense on any line he's on, against any competition.
I think he and Galchenyuk could be great together down the road. Add in Gallagher and you've got yourself a nice line.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
I think he and Galchenyuk could be great together down the road. Add in Gallagher and you've got yourself a nice line.

That would be a hell of a line, but I'd prefer putting Gally with Lars. Just need complementary guys with these two duos and you've got two very good/great lines.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What I meant to say is he's a 1st liner, not a franchise type 1st liner. It probably came off not how I intended. Love max.
He's not a franchise player. But he has the ability to make a franchise player better. Put him with a top flight center and he's a 40 goal guy.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
I hate the way he plays since the beginning of last year. He somehow got a lot of points but the way he played last year had nothing to do with his awesome year with cole and dd. He seriously needs to rethink about what made him an impact player in the first place.

As it's been said earlier in this thread, he is lazy but I just get the feeling he thinks he is playing well. A lot of people here came up with the "he is a streaky player" or "he got it going after his fluke goal thanks to cam ward" excuses, but the way he played even after he got the monkey off his back last year, it was awful compared to what we got us used to.

I'm not one of those who think it will take one goal for him to be the complete player he once was. As of right now he plays like the pac that was sent down to hamilton some years ago.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Maxpac isn't 'complimentary' in any way. He drives the offense on any line he's on, against any competition.

Well he's having a hard time doing it this year. Weaker linemates, harder match ups, less offensive zone starts, less points..
Perhaps it's just a bad stretch, but I think he needs better linemates if we're going to use him as we are. He should be on Plekanec's wing if we're going to use him as we have, and we should keep him there.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well he's having a hard time doing it this year. Weaker linemates, harder match ups, less offensive zone starts, less points..
Perhaps it's just a bad stretch, but I think he needs better linemates if we're going to use him as we are. He should be on Plekanec's wing if we're going to use him as we have, and we should keep him there.
I still say he's hurt...

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Too many games lost trying to make it work with DD.

As soon as the puck gets to DD the play dies. No cycle no passes no drive no nothing.

<------

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
What I meant to say is he's a 1st liner, not a franchise type 1st liner. It probably came off not how I intended. Love max.

Oh, yeah. He's not gonna win any cups by himself. But he's a legitimate first line winger. And people will realise how silly they're being in a month or two when he's leading us in goals. People forget that he had a rough start last year too, and that was without an injury. He also didn't have to contend with DD playing the worst hockey in his professional career.

I liked him playing with pleks. Hope he gets another shot with him. Enough trying to jump start his diminuative friend.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He's not a franchise player. But he has the ability to make a franchise player better. Put him with a top flight center and he's a 40 goal guy.

I'm not sure about 40 goals but depends what you mean by top flight. Malkin? Crosby or like a Kopitar? I see him as a 35-40 guy on good seasons 25-30 on bad.

Oh, yeah. He's not gonna win any cups by himself. But he's a legitimate first line winger. And people will realise how silly they're being in a month or two when he's leading us in goals. People forget that he had a rough start last year too, and that was without an injury. He also didn't have to contend with DD playing the worst hockey in his professional career.

I liked him playing with pleks. Hope he gets another shot with him. Enough trying to jump start his diminuative friend.

You won't hear any arguments from me. We have a fickle fanbase.

He should play with whoever will give us the best overall combination to win games. I highly doubt it's DD.

Galchenyuk-Eller-Pacioretty
Gionta-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bournival-Briere-Bourque

as top 9 would be interesting.

Or Eller-Pacioretty in one line and Plekanec with the kids in another.

Gionta-Eller-Pacioretty
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bournival-Briere-Bourque

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I think he's about to break out if him and briere are put together, there's chemistry there...and he's about back into game shape.

When I saw him drive the net with about 5 to go in the 3rd against the rangers, I thought, oh...he's rounding back into form. here he comes.

I think he's about to go on one of his streaks..

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Personally, I don't think he is the problem. IMO, the problem is, and has been for a while, the ability of our D to bring the puck to the offensive zone (good outlet pass is an example).

If you watch our D carefully, most of the time they either dump the puck, or make a pass to a player who is covered and would not be able to control the puck when he receives it.
Once we can get better outlet passing, I think the goals will come.

While I think worrying with Patch I think that year a big problem right now it's down to the poor performance of our Ds and it's a systematic problem also.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm not sure about 40 goals but depends what you mean by top flight. Malkin? Crosby or like a Kopitar? I see him as a 35-40 guy on good seasons 25-30 on bad.
A legit number one center. Kopitar would qualify. With Malkin I think he'd be a 45-50 goal man with 85 points. With a Kopitar, Getzlaff type I think he scores 40 and is a 70+ point guy.

He scored 30 with DD...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
A legit number one center. Kopitar would qualify. With Malkin I think he'd be a 45-50 goal man with 85 points. With a Kopitar, Getzlaff type I think he scores 40 and is a 70+ point guy.

He scored 30 with DD...

Important to note though that he did so while being sheltered a bit. They were facing weaker opponents. Even Eller was getting tougher match ups.
Not that I don't think he can do it, but I'm not sure he's ready to carry a line on his own while his linemates struggle.
I think he's a 35G guy, and I think we should pair up him with Eller or Plekanec.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Important to note though that he did so while being sheltered a bit. They were facing weaker opponents. Even Eller was getting tougher match ups.
Not that I don't think he can do it, but I'm not sure he's ready to carry a line on his own while his linemates struggle.
I think he's a 35G guy, and I think we should pair up him with Eller or Plekanec.
He was also 22 at the time...

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Pacioretty needs DD...........
I know everyone going to say I had to many Peruvian beers tonight...(Which could be true)
But the two do make magic when everything is going good in la la Habs land.
I would trying putting Pacioretty, DD and Brendan Gallagher together and see what happens.....

And yes I did have 4 Pisco Sour to go with the beers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pisco_Sour ................Gallagher plays way better than Cole did when he and Pac, DD played on a last place team...

So that is why I would put a health Gallagher with DD and Pacman......and hope Gallagher lights there fire!

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
While not in peak form, he's getting some chances, and he will get it going soon. I'm not worried about him. There are far bigger worries on this club right now than patches play.

Neutrino

Jan 18, 2011
Montreal
3494d1348524230t-funny-gif-thread-rqh8u.jpg

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Seriously, I don't understand why big players like Pacioretty and Bourque "refuses" to play like Gallagher. So much more effective than shooting on the perimeter. I get that Pacioretty is a sniper but he also has to create his own space. If he refuses to play more physical, he will have a hard time to score goals, espescially with a midget center like DD who can't win a puck battle and feed him the puck.

Hate to break it to you, but when you see some of the smaller players play unphysical, it's not because they can't. Whether you're big or small, some players want to play physical, some don't.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
First 9 games including pre-season
7 G 2 A

Last 7 games since coming back from injury
1A

Maybe he should just stay out the extra month so fickle fans don't take him off life support

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
He is in need of a new nickname. Patches is just so, IDK, ............???? Dumb. And Maxpac sounds like a tampon.

Never knew what to make of the guy. I really liked his aggressive play pre-Chara. The post-Chara version just seems "different". Too bad he and DD can't generate that magic again from a few years ago.

MontrealFans

Apr 4, 2004
Also, id like to point out that Pacioretty wasnt particularly good last season despite his good production. People forget fast and will base their opinion on his production but he was playing like he is now which is a perimeter game, not much hitting etc..

I will agree to this I always found patches to just be in the right position most of the time and many many many lucky bounces. He never struck me as an amazing talent but lately he no longer cuts to the net so thats just annoying as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad