Confirmed with Link: [WSH/PHI] Matt Niskanen for Radko Gudas

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
Days later, I still love everything about this.

As to the savings, Bura is MoJo 2.0 and I hated the first version. Hagelin doesn't do much for me either. Maybe both go and we get a mid range FA.

Reactions: Sam Spade

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
There's a 3rd option here, and that he was playing 2018/19 with some nagging injury that effected his skating but didn't knock him out of the lineup. In that case a rebound is very likely, but as we've said on here, no one outside the organization seems to know anything about that. So maybe BMac knew it was just general decline, not an injury thing and pressed the eject button.

A few other players who all played and partied deep into June last year had solid effort campaigns, so I tend to not buy the "tired from the Cup run" line of thinking. Ovi wasn't tired and no one played as hard in the playoffs then partied like he did.

I don't think he was tired. I think he took a significant physical pounding that he didn't have near enough recovery time for. He played a lot bigger than he is in that playoff run. So, your nagging injury IMO was/were leftover injuries from the playoffs. It wasn't fatigue. It was damage.

Reactions: zappa4ever

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
You guys don't think Bura has a place on our 4th line? He can be pretty lethal there.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Outside of game 1 Orpik was a no show. He didn't hit and since he didn't lead no one else did, and Carolina forwards were fearless in our zone. I assume Orpik got injured in G1.

No thank you on Hagelin. 1 year vet min or see ya. I refuse to believe we don't have a Hagelin lite in Hershey. Or hello, in DC - Stephenson. Save cap space and keep the pipe poked clean. He was a modern day Flash sprinkled up and down 3 lines and none did dick with him. I heavily grade playoffs over preseason. And he wasn't just easy to play against he tanked all his lines. Its that vet pickup at the dead where he gets forced in yet never really finds a home.

Those suspension calls on Rad were soft as hell. It's maybe not a bad time for philly to move him since he is now neutered like Mr. Wilson.

NFN Never forget Nisky he was a KEY cog in our sole cup grab. He was quietly tough and a little bit dirty. It was sad to see he hit no one this past loffs. Again no wonder we lost to the Carolina Clown Show.

I'm with you on Hagelin.

If he is willing to take a veteran 4th liner contract and coaching staff is willing to park him firmly and permanently on the 4th line, let's have him back. Otherwise, I don't want him on the team.

Every damn line Hagelin joins, loses any semblance of offensive flow. I'm still a little ticked off that he bumped Burakovsky down the line up just as Burakovksy was enjoying one of his longest stretches of hard competing, net driving, board battle winning hockey.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Niskanen and 2 minimum salary players for Gudas, Hagelin, and another guy making $1.9M

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
As someone who was not a fan of Mojo during his time here I'd love him back now at a reasonable cap hit. My big issue was that he handled the puck more than he should have with the talent he had around him, plus he wasn't really hard to play against and didn't put up any memorable playoff runs. But he has the type of game that matures very nicely and having him as a middle 6 vet could significantly help the team in a lot of areas including matchups and depth scoring, especially if he PKs well. Interchanging him with Vrana on 2nd/3rd lines depending on what they need would be dynamite.

Of course Bura was showing major signs of putting it together towards the end of the year so maybe, maybe he builds on that and provides a similar impact for half the price

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Radko Gudas
i

The immortal Vandal Savage
VandalSavageLOTP.png

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Of course Bura was showing major signs of putting it together towards the end of the year so maybe, maybe he builds on that and provides a similar impact for half the price

5 points in his final 18 games (from March 1st on) and 2 points in the playoffs was "putting it together"?

For reference, Boyd had 4 points, and Dowd had 6 in that same time span.

The only way I want Burakovsky back is if he signs for like 1.5 to 2.0 for no more than two seasons.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
5 points in his final 18 games (from March 1st on) and 2 points in the playoffs was "putting it together"?

For reference, Boyd had 4 points, and Dowd had 6 in that same time span.

The only way I want Burakovsky back is if he signs for like 1.5 to 2.0 for no more than two seasons.

Where the hell were they in the playoffs?

Burakovsky looked much better than they had in the first round, what's the downside in bringing him for 1 year if it fits under the cap exactly? There's no one better he'd be keeping us from acquiring and we'd probably end up giving up assets for a Burakovskyish player at the deadline if he walks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->