Post-Game Talk: WSH @ PHI | 11/13/19 | 7:30 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ Caps Fan

Sep 8, 2019
High Desert
Just got back from the game.

I've been wanting to be patient with Panik, given that he's new on the team and is coming off an injury. But, holy ****, he was ****ing awful tonight. Almost every time he touched the puck was a turnover. He had one decent shot later in the game, but was utterly dreadful with the puck on his stick for the vast majority.

I agree with your statement about being patient with him because I believe he will be given the opportunity to turn it around and it would be better for us if he did. But, he looks lost out there sometimes. Kinda surprising Hathaway and Leipsic played fewer minutes than he did tonight.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC

I've been wanting to be patient with Panik, given that he's new on the team and is coming off an injury. But, holy ****, he was ****ing awful tonight. Almost every time he touched the puck was a turnover. He had one decent shot later in the game, but was utterly dreadful with the puck on his stick for the vast majority.

Ahh yes, 2nd game back and he looked fine.

Feels like we should of won against the Yotes and lost this one. Hart was the difference. Otherwise it would of been 4-0 Caps in the 1st.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

I mean, right? New player, played 8 games. That’s a lot. And didn’t do jack. Then gets hurt (a soft injury.....like a concussion), comes back and after 2 more whole games looks like a total disaster..

especially when all the other Caps that came back from concussions over the past few years (Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Oshie) looked AWESOME immediately upon return (or was it more like 20-30 games for them to look like themselves???? I must be confused).

Trade Panik!!!!

(or maybe this was an idiot take about Panik)

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006

You cant be serious!
Panik was together with Leipsic and Holtby our best player tonight!
He had most shots (6) and a lot of great plays and passes.
Even Reirden praised him in the postgame interview.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
You cant be serious!
Panik was together with Leipsic and Holtby our best player tonight!
He had most shots (6) and a lot of great plays and passes.
Even Reirden praised him in the postgame interview.

Dead serious. He was around the puck a lot more than he had been previously, but almost every time he touched it was a dead play. Tons of turnovers or skating it into Flyers defenders. Of his six shots, exactly one is memorable. The rest were non-factors. Plus he took a needless high sticking penalty, while simultaneously turning over the puck.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Dead serious. He was around the puck a lot more than he had been previously, but almost every time he touched it was a dead play. Tons of turnovers or skating it into Flyers defenders. Of his six shots, exactly one is memorable. The rest were non-factors. Plus he took a needless high sticking penalty, while simultaneously turning over the puck.
You must have been watching another game. Panik's penalty was actually a follow through playing the puck. It was accidental. I wouldn't label it a needless penalty. Panik was the Caps 2nd best forward in the 1st period to Leipsic.

animositynow

Mar 4, 2012

i logged in just to post that I thought Panik had his best game this season, and looked good out there tonight. maybe his play translated better to watching the feed instead of being in the barn live.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Good first period, should have put the game away there. Hart was great though.

2 points still. Flyers are actually great at home, i wouldn't have guessed it from that game. Game would have been over in the 1st period if not for Hart.

Good win but nothing memorable, moving on.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
You must have been watching another game. Panik's penalty was actually a follow through playing the puck. It was accidental. I wouldn't label it a needless penalty. Panik was the Caps 2nd best forward in the 1st period to Leipsic.
Hivemind sees what he/she wants to see. No point in wasting your time arguing with him/her. Nothing will change.

I’m really surprised that people still don’t recognize how badly concussions hurt a players production. They seemingly always come back off kilter and off timing. For what seems like a minimum 10 games. So I expect Panik will need to simply play thru it.

Thankfully, there is a lot of time for that to happen. It will.

I also find it comical that people are — already — calling for him to be traded. Fat chance. Nor should he be. GMBM signed him for a reason. That reason hasn’t changed 1/16th into his contract tenure. Nor should it.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Positives:
- Holtby
- Bottom 6 looking better (Leipzig & Panik looked dangerous)
- Caps started the 2nd period in the 1st period
- Caps played 25mins and still got 2pts
- John Norris point

The End is Near:
- HagsHair had his worst game of the season. Didn't hear his name called once!
- Ovi will never score again.
- Panik looked dangerous at his 2nd game and fans still hate
- After the game, Backy discovered he was carrying 50lbs of lead in his pockets.

giphy.gif

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Great games from Holtby, Gudas, and just about all the Bottom 6 (esp. Leipsic/Panik/ and yes Stephenson); Stephenson's been pretty noticeable the last couple games now - good for him
Congrats on holding a team to 1 goal
ain't the prettiest 2 points, take the 2 and run (or walk if you're Backi ;) )

I apologize for saying anything positive, I know it's easy to complain when the last reg. loss was Oct.14 and on a 11-0-2 bad stretch

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I am aware of, but not especially troubled by, Nicky's sluggish (at best) play. Have to believe he's not at all happy with it. And after a dozen seasons of playing at such a consistent and high level, I'm willing to cut him some slack. But, man, his next 20 games this year need to be materially better than the first 20.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Disagree. Panik had already turned the puck over before the high stick. Definitely his best game as a Cap but still not good enough.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Hivemind sees what he/she wants to see. No point in wasting your time arguing with him/her. Nothing will change.

I’m really surprised that people still don’t recognize how badly concussions hurt a players production. They seemingly always come back off kilter and off timing. For what seems like a minimum 10 games. So I expect Panik will need to simply play thru it.

Thankfully, there is a lot of time for that to happen. It will.

I also find it comical that people are — already — calling for him to be traded. Fat chance. Nor should he be. GMBM signed him for a reason. That reason hasn’t changed 1/16th into his contract tenure. Nor should it.
I thought Panik sustained a shoulder injury when he collided with Siegenthaler? If he had sustained a concussion, then he might have been out longer than 10 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad