Post-Game Talk: Wsh @ Min

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
High danger chances still too high but overall good game, especially since I was expecting a loss.

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 10.58.45 PM.png

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
A minute into the 3rd period Suter takes a little shot on Wilson, then he’s like 1/4 second late on a chance with a wide open net at the other end because he doesn’t want to make himself vulnerable to Wilson and if he scares Suter he scares everybody. If I were him I cannot imagine the shit I would be talking to Suter.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Wilson returns = noob coach now gets 40 games to not be at .500. I still don’t see how last years system has been tweaked. It’s not the same at all. If it is the same the players aren’t listening to the noob coach. Just sayin...

Reactions: maacoshark

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Wow I would happily do it for free if I got to sit and watch the entire game from there :)

I interned for the Kings from 1988 until 1991 while I was in college and got drafted for two games in 1990 to do it, as one of the old guys who normally does it was ill. It was cool, but you can't watch as much of the game as you think.

For one you can't stand up in the penalty box, which extremely limits your view. If you are assisting the score keeper you are looking down basically the entire game tabulating shots, hits, basically anything you see on the ice. There were two of us and I was doing shots on goal and and icings/offside calls. Cool for sure to say I did it, but I was glad when my time was up and I was back in the press box doing my regular job, which for the record was handing out game notes and stats to the press, then sitting and watching the game next to them.

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They look good when they're motivated. The rest of the regular season is about finding motivation to keep the train moving.
That and their depth players improving. DSP has a way to go and 4C seems iffy regardless of whether it's Boyd or Dowd. With that line getting less responsibility it's important for Eller to be playing more consistently effective. Curious whether they may waive Jaskin if this is their set lineup. Not sure he's done enough all-around, esp. when given a shot on the top line. The only substitution I could see after 65 scoring is DSP but then there's his PK role and Jaskin hasn't done that yet IINM.

Bowey seems to be getting better. They miss Orpik on the PK but it's good to see Bowey playing tighter and more involved offensively. He should get that first goal soon if he keeps it up.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yea, Jaskin gets waived. I think Boyd is showing that he could grow into a solid player. Dowd, not so much.

Its a different team with Wilson. They had some desperation after how the homestand went. Orlov seemed to find his game. Ov with the leadership on the second Orlov goal which may pay dividends for some time to come. Copley for a pressure start.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Yea, Jaskin gets waived. I think Boyd is showing that he could grow into a solid player. Dowd, not so much.

Its a different team with Wilson. They had some desperation after how the homestand went. Orlov seemed to find his game. Ov with the leadership on the second Orlov goal which may pay dividends for some time to come. Copley for a pressure start.
Whoever out of Boyd and Dowd is better on the PK... roll with that.

I honestly wouldn’t mind seeing Gersich by end of year actually. I loved seeing him last year and see a ton of upside with that kid

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Wow I would happily do it for free if I got to sit and watch the entire game from there :)

I did a couple of fill in games on PA during the Dave Foxx era. Its hard to see from there. The penalty box officials get more then $50 a game. They are provided with the notebooks. They simply write down who is in the box and from what time to what time. If an incident occurs like a fan throwing something into the box or the player trying to leave the box before he is allowed, the officials notes the details of the incident for the game report. So, he usually writes nothing more than the player's number and the clock setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad