Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Lars Eller signs extenstion (5 years, $3.5M AAV)

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
Seems like a lot of term & $$ (but especially term) for a guy with a career high of 30 points.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
The $ is fair, 3,5 isnt what it used to be because the cap going up. 5 years is a long time though...

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
So assuming JT stays on the island, the UFA C group this summer is Stastny, Backlund and Thornton, Plekanec for decent options right? Eller was at the end of that list for me. The money here is fine, I just hate the term.

Shagged Yer Nan

Tom Filthson
Feb 15, 2012
NoVa
I aint mad! Lars has REALLY grown on me; His work ethic and grit make me a happy man.

While the term is kinda long I think hes the true 3C we've been needing for a long time. Not tying him up long term would've been a mistake.

Reactions: DashingDane

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
So assuming JT stays on the island, the UFA C group this summer is Stastny, Backlund and Thornton, Plekanec for decent options right? Eller was at the end of that list for me. The money here is fine, I just hate the term.

I doubt Backlund makes it to free agency. Calgary has no one to fill the 2C hole and the reported ask is 5x5, which is very reasonable

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Good player. 5 years is a long time, especially for a player approaching 30 who's a career 30 point player. I've always felt guys like that are prone to having unexpected sharp declines.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Good player. 5 years is a long time, especially for a player approaching 30 who's a career 30 point player. I've always felt guys like that are prone to having unexpected sharp declines.
I would argue that defensive guys like Eller decline much slower.

He’ll probably be right up and around 40 points this year as well.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
The isles last year gave Clutterpuke the same deal 5/17.5
Seems like a good deal for Washington . I know they play different positions but he is way better than our guy whose best days are already behind him.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

Filppula and Bozak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad