Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Justin Schultz signs with the Capitals (2 years, $4M AAV)

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Everyone crapped on the Orpik signing and it turned out good. Maybe Schultz holds his own paired with an actual top 4 LD

Not thrilled about it though obviously

Reactions: ovikovy817

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Honestly, I might be in minority over here but despite how terrible Shultz has been, Gudas was even more terrible. Niskanen - Gudas is one of the worst trades in recent memory.

Reactions: qqaz

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I dont hate it.

There is upside, also a chance (big one) he might suck.. wont make or break the team either way.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Contracts like this make me think that professional "scouts" don't actually scout anything. It's a guessing game to them.

Schultz brings NOTHING positive. Literally zero. He's a shadow of what he was in 2017.

As a Pens fan I LOVE that he signed in DC.

Reactions: qqaz

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I mean, he bounced back after falling apart in Edmonton. Maybe he will again? He was DOA for the Pens this year, and you can't blame it all on JJ.

This deal would make a lot more sense if it was 2 years, 4M total, not 2 years at 4M AAV

crab

Jan 26, 2019
....You are aware the only reason the Caps got Kip Miller was to play with Jagr because he played with him in Pittsburgh the Caps own exact words you should take you're own advice brah.

Oh so you are allowed to break your own logic. Makes sense brah.

Fehr. Vokoun. Beech. Sivek. Cooke. Lupaschuk. Di Pauli.

Man the Penguins love the Capitals garbage.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Caps playing for the Pens, Pens playing for the Caps, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!!!

I'm not too bothered as long as the Caps are signing the Pens crap.

Of course having said that, you just know Schultz is going to light up the Pens now because why not.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I’m choosing to stay positive lol.

The caps as a whole looked way better under Trotz than Rierden, who is terrible, despite having much of the same roster. The Caps looked completely and utterly dejected in both of his playoffs, and huge stretches of both seasons. Rierden probably couldn’t spark a lighter.

I believe the pens coach is good, but they all maybe need a change over the there too. They also looked pretty damn bad both playoffs and huge stretches.

I have faith Laviollette will be infinitely better than Rierden, and we’ll see this team’s real potential. Maybe they’ll suck, maybe they won’t. I think they’ll be way less inconsistent.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
On the bright side he's got a good, toothless hockey smile, and he knows how to chug a beer.

Everyone crapped on the Orpik signing and it turned out good. Maybe Schultz holds his own paired with an actual top 4 LD

Not thrilled about it though obviously

Yeah but Orpik and Niskanen signed for you, and then they were sent out of the playoffs two straight years by the team that jettisoned them, with Orpik in particular getting worked a few times. Of course they went on to play a big role in the Cup year, but it Jultz is on the same schedule as them it might not pay off.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
The only positive I see is there is no way he is worse than Gudas or Niskanen the year prior. It will be a different team under Laviolette

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
How can he get that type of contract with the two years he has behind him? Not like he's a defensive stalwart or ever was either...

Last edited:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The $ amount is obviously too high but at least the term is short. Hope he regains his 2017 form. I thought he played really well as Letang's substitution that year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->