Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Henrik Lundqvist signs with the Capitals (1 year, $1.5M)

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
I may root for Caps over Rangers and Im a die hard Ranger fan. I have a Rangers fan cave. But put things in perspective, this is Lundqvists last chance. The Rangers will be a great team for a decade. They will have many chances to win it.

I dont know. So conflicted. Favorite Ranger ever on a different team.

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
New team adrenaline + cup thirst + furthering legacy = potential gold mine

“Old tigers, sensing the end, they're at their most fierce”

jaywills1020

Mar 14, 2004
I don't understand the salary amount...

He's already made more than 100 million for his career, was he really not willing to play for the league minimum at this point?

It seemed pretty clear he wasn't willing to play for just any team, so Washington had all the leverage here...
If you were him, would you take the minimum or would you take what he got?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I think you mean Blues Legend Brodeur

Deep fakes are getting really, really good.

Almost had me.

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
So, why not sign for the league minimum and give the Caps that additional cap space?
So just because he's old he's suppose to take a paycut? Why don't use the same logic for any other player signing up for a team hoping for a cup...

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
I'm saying from Washington's perspective, they shouldn't have offered him more than the league minimum...
Then he would have said no, and they would have to find someone else that was at least as expensive probably... You are being obtuse. He's still a better player than "league minimum" no matter how much you think he should do capitals a favor for no reason.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
as head of ranger nation, what's the general feeling around rangers fans right now?
Sad, but excited to begin this new era of Rangers hockey. I hate the Caps but I hope Henrik never allows a single goal against for them.

But like honestly how upset can we be after just drafting #1OA? Lol

Reactions: Siddi

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Not a Rangers fan but sad to see him on another team because I like seeing someone play their entire career for 1 franchise.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Sad, but excited to begin this new era of Rangers hockey. I hate the Caps but I hope Henrik never allows a single goal against for them.

But like honestly how upset can we be after just drafting #1OA? Lol
that's true. you guys are on the upwards part of your rebuild, ushering in a new era. wish you guys good luck

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
I hope Hank wins the Stanley Cup and shove it in Gorton’s face. He started rebuilding when he had Sather trade Hags for a draft pick. Rangers entering six season of rebuilding.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I hope Hank wins the Stanley Cup and shove it in Gorton’s face. He started rebuilding when he had Sather trade Hags for a draft pick. Rangers entering six season of rebuilding.

Lol. Hagelin was traded because we couldn't afford to re-sign him.

Reactions: White Death 24

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
as head of ranger nation, what's the general feeling around rangers fans right now?
Very indifferent. A bit shocked he did not just retire as he made it seem like he was content with his legacy and being a career Ranger/a one team player was more important than Cup chasing in another city. If he stinks up the joint in Washington that is going to be tough to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->