WSH, CBJ, or NYR? What if..

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Piggy backing off another thread,

What if the playoffs started and your team had to face one of these teams, who do you want to play, who do you fear the most and why?

Obviously we pretend your team and these are in regardless of standings, just for the sake of discussion.

I feel like the Caps are under rated and have turned a corner, the Rangers are always dangerous with the king and CBJ is good despite injuries. Let's hear your thoughts.

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
I said in the Rangers thread that these 3 are my favorites in the East, I think these teams are built and playing the style of hockey that fits the best for the playoffs, I know that early predictions can make you look like a fool later in the season, but after 30games my guess is that one of these 3 teams will win the East

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
as a Ranger fan, i'll take the Caps, given our track record against them in the playoffs recently. with that said, i would take either of the two who aren't NYR (for obvious reasons), because Rick Nash might actually show up to the series against CBJ.

HOLDITHERE*

As a Caps fan, I think CBJ should be the most feared of the 3.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I said in the Rangers thread that these 3 are my favorites in the East, I think these teams are built and playing the style of hockey that fits the best for the playoffs, I know that early predictions can make you look like a fool later in the season, but after 30games my guess is that one of these 3 teams will win the East

Yup, basically piggy backing off your comment to start a separate discussion from just the Rangers thread, interested to hear everyone's opinion on this.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
In terms of most feared to least feared, it's easily

Rangers
Blue Jackets

Capitals

At least for my team, although it's not like we're making it anyway :cry:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I'd probably fear Columbus. When healthy, they are certainly something else. I would probably take on the Caps if I had to pick one of the three, they are a good team, but they seem to get to game 7 and just can't close out the series (which is pretty unfortunate). Though, I think they can get far with Trotz as coach.

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
In terms of most feared to least feared, it's easily

Rangers
Blue Jackets

Capitals

At least for my team, although it's not like we're making it anyway :cry:

your team probably wants to play the Penguins in every round :laugh:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
As an Islanders fan I rather not face Washington. It seems like we don't play as well against bigger teams and Caps have the most size of the 3(although Columbus up their as well)

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
As a Caps fan, I fear CBJ more than NYR but the Caps/Rangers series are that mind numbingly boring Id rather face Columbus
as Caps fan you should not ignore the Refs factor when playing major market team, nobody gives a crap about Columbus, but if you are up 2:0 in a series against the Rangers you can bet money the Refs will shower NY team with PPs in games 3 and 4, this is just business, nobody wants to lose millions due to short series

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
as Caps fan you should not ignore the Refs factor when playing major market team, nobody gives a crap about Columbus, but if you are up 2:0 in a series against the Rangers you can bet money the Refs will shower NY team with PPs in games 3 and 4, this is just business, nobody wants to lose millions due to short series

Ugh, that's a whole different discussion and debate. I'd rather leave the conspiracy out of the honest opinions.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I'm going to go ahead and say that I'd least like to face the team with Lundqvist.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I agree, I don't see Holtby outplaying Hank or Bob in 7 game series, Holtby is inconsistent, I think he is the weakest link, unless he proves me wrong this season

Except he is well known to be a playoff monster while Bob just isn't.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
As a Caps fan I'd least like to face the Rags. That's a good team with great goaltending and a recent history of playoff success.

CBJ doesn't scare me except for Bob. That guy's legit.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I'd rather not face CBJ because Dubinsky plays every game against us like it's game 7 of the SCF.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I agree, I don't see Holtby outplaying Hank or Bob in 7 game series, Holtby is inconsistent, I think he is the weakest link, unless he proves me wrong this season

There are a lot of things that can be said about Holtby but in his career, inconsistent in the playoff hasn't been one. He's been a beast when we've gotten there.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
As a Rangers fan probably would prefer to play CBJ the least. Although the caps are much improved (better coaching, style of play, better defense) ultimately Bobrovsky is better than holtby. In close series goaltending is huge

hockeyfanOU812

do you feel in charge?
Mar 27, 2014
It's tough but I supposed I would want to play Columbus. Bob showed he was human last playoffs, Washington's offense can be very scary and with the Rangers you have to beat them in 5 games or less or else risk facing game seven Lundqvist. And nobody wants to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad