Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Brett Connolly (1 year, $850K)

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
Any Bruins fans that could give me more insight as to how he has played recently? What are the best/worst aspects of his game? Have not payed much attention to him since his draft+2 season.

He can skate. He can shoot. He can hit. His reactions are not below average. Very frustrating because he can't put the whole package together. He could be a late bloomer, NHL talent once he learns to play to his strengths.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
He can skate. He can shoot. He can hit. His reactions are not below average. Very frustrating because he can't put the whole package together. He could be a late bloomer, NHL talent once he learns to play to his strengths.

He played relatively well with Bergeron and Marchand.

In a support role with good players, I think he could flourish. Asking him to carry anything at this point, you are asking for problems.

I thought it was a bad move to let him go for nothing.

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville

In a support role with good players, I think he could flourish. Asking him to carry anything at this point, you are asking for problems.

Agreed. I thought he showed enough potential that I would have qualified him actually.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines

Gotta agree with this, he could be like Reilly Smith. When skill guys leave Bostons system they perform better offensively. He has the tools just needs time and patience and he can be a decent forward. I would rather have him then Hayes, Talbot or any of the other retreads bruins have gone thru.

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
Bad move from the Bruins management to just let him go for nothing after they moved 2 2nds for him and he still has potential. I want him back at Tampa for that price

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The one Tampa draft pick in recent memory to not work out.

Someone mentioned to me his personality is like this but good lord,

Care to smile a little? Almost seems like he didn't want to play there but tried to hide it by saying "I'm fortunate to get picked by Tampa"

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Any Bruins fans that could give me more insight as to how he has played recently? What are the best/worst aspects of his game? Have not payed much attention to him since his draft+2 season.

Like other Bruins fans have said, you can't fault his hustle. To me, his biggest issue is puck control. So many plays seemed to die on his stick. He doesn't have very good hands.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Like other Bruins fans have said, you can't fault his hustle. To me, his biggest issue is puck control. So many plays seemed to die on his stick. He doesn't have very good hands.

I wonder how he'll do with Eller as his centerman and perhaps Tom Wilson on the other side? Has he played any LW?

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville

I would second that. Good point. He has a good shot when he has time and the puck doesn't dribble off his stick.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Consistent effort/work ethic

Decent forechecker

Gets down on himself (lacks confidence)

Hockey sense weak

Above average shot but has trouble finding soft spots in the offensive zone to get his shot away

Decent passer

Pretty good along the wall

Struggles a bit with defensive zone break-outs

Reasonable defensively overall

Can move up and down the line-up

Not going to catch guys open ice but consistently physical and lays hits along the wall.

Quality pick-up at 850k. Could pop 15-20 goals if he can get some PP time on the off-wing down low.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I wonder if he'll turn into another Eric Fehr, a guy that was a high scorer in junior but had to re-invent himself in the NHL into a two-way bottom six player because the goal scoring just never developed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->