Writing on the wall: Z at the deadline?

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
What salvages today honestly, is Z being dealt at the trade deadline to a cup contender out West. If you go down this road, you go all the way. Seids too if you can do it.

NMC, moved his family out here, is now aged damaged goods. Chara isn't going anywhere

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
NMC, moved his family out here, is now aged damaged goods. Chara isn't going anywhere

I would easily take that bet. NMC does not preclude him from waiving it to go play for the Ducks or Blues at the deadline. Means nothing.

Lucic also had pretty good NTC and a new family, and ample reasons to not be traded.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
I would easily take that bet. NMC does not preclude him from waiving it to go play for the Ducks or Blues at the deadline. Means nothing.

Lucic also had pretty good NTC and a new family, and ample reasons to not be traded.

Get real; no one (well, maybe Sweeney) would be foolish enough to take Charalbatross off our hands at this point for anything remotely of value. Not even Chia would do that deal.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Get real; no one (well, maybe Sweeney) would be foolish enough to take Charalbatross off our hands at this point for anything remotely of value. Not even Chia would do that deal.

The way his contract is structured now he gets paid 6.9 this year and next, and then 4M in real dollars in the final year. So at the deadline you only eat a fraction, and you get 1 real year at 6.9.

So if we retain 1.5m or take on some of their cap problems, it's very doable. I'd be shocked to see him retire here now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad