Write the Avs - Support your Staff

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Never will know for sure, but the bad press and peoples reactions probably helped change their mind. All it took was one day after announcing they were not to get it turned around.

Likely the NHL itself strongly suggested or are mandating it. Just as they are forcing the teams to pay the AHL players.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Just a friendly reminder that the Kroenke family is worth 10 BILLION DOLLARS. Supporting their staff would literally be PENNIES to them. They simply do not give a shit about their workers. Sure would be nice to have a place to shame them, but both Josh and Stan are cowards with no social media profiles.
Very big misconception here, just because he's worth 10 billion doesn't mean they have 10 billion in a bank account. Majority of that money isn't actually paper bills and is more in the form of assets such as stocks, sports teams, arenas, etc.

I think a better example to use mate is that Kroenke recently bought a couple years ago a ranch in Texas with land as big as Rhode Islande. That is the tipping point where you say that you can by a piece of land that big, but you can't even afford your employees wages' until the end of March? Pathetic if you were to ask me.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Glad to see they decided to do the right thing. I had my doubts with these Wal-Mart people.
If nothing else, it's chump change for them, especially compared to the PR sh*tstorm that'd follow if they decided to be cheap (looking at you, Calgary).

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Okay, glad that cooler heads prevailed here.

As for player mentions, I can see (sorry, gotta use the term here) both sides. On one hand, trying to bring a very important issue like this to the forefront sometimes requires contacting the most high-profile members of a given organization. That's the players. On the other hand, blasting them or trying to guilt them into helping is not cool either. It is not their responsibility to take care of their fellow employees.

So I'd say that yeah, sure give them a mention if you want , but try to be nice about it.

We should commend players like Kevin Love and Sergei Bobrovsky for making these donations available, and not turn it into a net negative by expecting all millionaire players to do the same. What SHOULD be brought to light is the fact that we don't have better socio-economic safeguards in place in the event that a major emergency that shuts down our country, lower-income folks are not as adversely affected.

Reactions: McMetal

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Just a friendly reminder that the Kroenke family is worth 10 BILLION DOLLARS. Supporting their staff would literally be PENNIES to them. They simply do not give a shit about their workers. Sure would be nice to have a place to shame them, but both Josh and Stan are cowards with no social media profiles.

I detest... nevermind...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->