Write the Avs - Support your Staff

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
**** They have since about faced and decided to pay people for 30 days.

Just finding out that the Avalanche/Kroenke are not planning to pay hourly staff during the whole mess.

If you do not agree with people getting paid while not working, just stop reading I guess...but for those who think that one of the wealthiest families in the world should step up and support the arena/team/company staff that are hourly and not getting paid during this event, take a moment to write them and voice your concern and indicate you might be lost as a fan if they do not step up.

Guest Relations for Pepsi Center
[email protected]

Pepsi Center Twitter
Pepsi Center (@pepsicenter) | Twitter

Altitude Sports Contact Form
Contact Us - Altitude Sports

If you feel so inclined, reach out to the players too about the issue. @ them

Mackinnon Twitter
Nathan Mackinnon (@Mackinnon9) | Twitter

Landeskog Twitter
Gabriel Landeskog (@GabeLandeskog92) | Twitter

Feel free to follow up with any other relevant links you can find to reach out.

My email/notifcation I was sending
"Why is your company not paying part time employees through this national event? It is a bad look for Billionaires to not support those who make them money.

Not following through and supporting those most at financial risk shows that the Avalanche, Nuggets, and Stan Kroenke - one of the richest men in the world - are selfish and do not care about anyone other than themselves.

This is a bad look for your company. Fix this, now...or risk losing me as a paying fan for life.

Thanks"

Last edited:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Kroenke is too damn cheap to even televise the games for the home-state fans -- no matter how much bitching fans did.
He sure as hell isn't going to care about fans bitching about him not paying staff.

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
Kroenke is too damn cheap to even televise the games for the home-state fans -- no matter how much bitching fans did.
He sure as hell isn't going to care about fans bitching about him not paying staff.

He wouldn't do it because it's the right thing to do but he might do it for PR reasons. The television deal is a dispute between two big entities. This on the other hand is entirely on them and in their control.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Just a friendly reminder that the Kroenke family is worth 10 BILLION DOLLARS. Supporting their staff would literally be PENNIES to them. They simply do not give a shit about their workers. Sure would be nice to have a place to shame them, but both Josh and Stan are cowards with no social media profiles.

Reactions: avsfan09

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Just a friendly reminder that the Kroenke family is worth 10 BILLION DOLLARS. Supporting their staff would literally be PENNIES to them. They simply do not give a shit about their workers. Sure would be nice to have a place to shame them, but both Josh and Stan are cowards with no social media profiles.

^This. For probably less than 100k they could pay 3-4 months worth of pay...if not longer.

That is a drop in the bucket for them...plus just think of the good will and positive PR it generates...FREE PR.

I really implore people to write in. It can change things.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
They're part time employees and the team has every right not to pay them.

It should be the American government's who ultimately foot the bill but I dont believe any business should be obligated too.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
It's not a contractual obligation. It's a moral one.

upload_2020-3-14_18-42-12.gif

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Kroenke should make this worse with a relatively expensive half measure that will satisfy no one. Ideas: free concession food, credit at the merchandise store, and St Louis Rams tickets.

Reactions: McMetal

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It's not a contractual obligation. It's a moral one.

Maybe it's the business side of me but I dont see it that way.

Just because they're rich doesnt mean they should feel morally obligated to go against the legal contracts they and all employees agreed upon.

Being rich shouldn't have anything to do with it. If certain companies start paying part time employees for this current situation it puts increased pressure on companies that dont have super rich owners to do the same... the type of expenses that can cause smaller companies to go bankrupt when they aren't making any money.

Which is why I think it should ultimately fall on governments to make sure everyone gets some kind of wage or pay to help survive in the current state the world is stuck in.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Maybe it's the business side of me but I dont see it that way.

Just because they're rich doesnt mean they should feel morally obligated to go against the legal contracts they and all employees agreed upon.

Being rich shouldn't have anything to do with it. If certain companies start paying part time employees for this current situation it puts increased pressure on companies that dont have super rich owners to do the same... the type of expenses that can cause smaller companies to go bankrupt when they aren't making any money.

Which is why I think it should ultimately fall on governments to make sure everyone gets some kind of wage or pay to help survive in the current state the world is stuck in.

If it makes you see it differently, the should INVEST in their employees so they get a greater RETURN when the illness passes. Investing now will result in their workforce being safe, healthy, and able to be financially stable. It will also make the economy more stable as people will still be able to pay rent, buy things, ext. It also is an INVESTMENT in good will and will create more advertising and positive buzz than the money could ever buy.

Also, the big businesses and banks are getting bailed out, so share the wealth.

Last edited:

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
Kroenke already announced he’s playing his staff. Don’t drag the players into this. They have nothing to do with it.

They literally just announced it. No doubt entirely because of the pressure people put on them. You are making too much about player mentions on social media... I guarantee you you care 100x more about it than all the players combined.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If it makes you see it differently, the should INVEST in their employees so they get a greater RETURN when the illness passes. Investing now will result in their workforce being safe, healthy, and able to be financially stable. It will also make the economy more stable as people will still be able to pay rent, buy things, ext. It also is an INVESTMENT in good will and will create more advertising and positive buzz than the money could ever buy.

Also, the big businesses and banks are getting bailed out, so share the wealth.

They are part time employees.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
Yeah, posting the player twitter accounts in here is absolutely ridiculous regardless of what side you fall on in this.

Terrible behavior really.

Are you f**kin' serious with this shit? You are arguing in this thread that Kroenke should hang people whose livelihood depends on their paychecks and then you wag you finger about social media etiquette? Is your sense of decency and perspective that f***ed? What kind of person are you?

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
They literally just announced it. No doubt entirely because of the pressure people put on them. You are making too much about player mentions on social media... I guarantee you you care 100x more about it than all the players combined.

Holy f***, it's only been a couple of days. Let teams actually announce their intentions before demonizing them. I'd get it if they pulled a Calgary and said f*** the employees, but you're jumping on them before they can even make an announcement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad