Wrist shot relevance in today's beer league

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
I still wrist from the point.
I have more time to release back there.
I don't want to hit my team mates (amateur hockey players)
in the face with a clapper lol

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
I still wrist from the point.
I have more time to release back there.
I don't want to hit my team mates (amateur hockey players)
in the face with a clapper lol

I was watching a game yesterday and a guy from the top of the circle wound up a big slap shot with about 4 players right in front of him and no lane to the goalie. Hit a guy right in the foot and hobbled off. :shakehead

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
Everyone on my team is in love with their slap shot and I very rarely see anyone score with it. I have a nice and accurate slap shot too but I never use it. Almost all my goals are scored using wrist or snappers.

I can change that to make it fit where I play: Everyone in my LEAGUE is in love with their slap shot.

I see people come in to stick time and do slappers the whole time. Then in games, they do slappers. Well, their slappers may be loud and impressive, but they don't actually hit the net. But hey, practicing wristers is boring and it doesn't make enough noise.

When all you've got is a slap shot, every shot looks like the perfect opportunity for a slap shot.

I can do both. I'm way more accurate with a wrister. If I take a slapper, it will end up in the general vicinity of the net and if someone is there to pick up the garbage, great. But if I actually want to put it in the net myself, a wrister is the way to go.

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
I was watching a game yesterday and a guy from the top of the circle wound up a big slap shot with about 4 players right in front of him and no lane to the goalie. Hit a guy right in the foot and hobbled off. :shakehead

I hate it when people do that lol. Like common it's beer league be careful. We all have to go to work in the morning.

I always just cover my face when I see someone winding up kinda scary.

mikitas donut

Flowers of Antimony
Sep 10, 2010
Northern Illinois

I blocked a slapper a few weeks ago and broke my pinkie toe. I finished the game because there was only 5 minutes left so I played a 20 second shift after that. In hindsight, I shoulda sat out. I could barely walk on it once the adrenaline wore off.

I just assumed this was part of the game and didn't know there was a slap shot etiquette in beer leagues. There seem to be people ripping slappers all the time in my league.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
I blocked a slapper a few weeks ago and broke my pinkie toe. I finished the game because there was only 5 minutes left so I played a 20 second shift after that. In hindsight, I shoulda sat out. I could barely walk on it once the adrenaline wore off.

I just assumed this was part of the game and didn't know there was a slap shot etiquette in beer leagues. There seem to be people ripping slappers all the time in my league.

People rip them in my league as well which I am ok with if it makes sense but if there's a bundle of guys right in front of you or a defender a couple feet from you it's a pretty d*** move IMO.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I have a nice little slap shot that I only put around half power into. It's way more accurate than a full power one and quite often gets deflected into the net. I scored two goals one game using it last season and a couple of guys on my team harassed me because I didn't blast it. :shakehead
Needless to say, the one guy didn't get a goal all season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad