Wrist Shot Questions

neksys

Jun 24, 2009
It depends on how whippy you like the stick.

I had three sticks this past year, all intermediates, one 60 flex, one 70, one 75 (though it felt stiffer).

With the 75, I barely felt it flex. The 70 was hit or miss like you describe. The 60 felt like it was whipping a ton with every shot.

We're all different of course, but I experienced the same thing - I went with a 67 flex in a Bauer x4.0 and it is, as Goldilocks says, "just right". To be fair I have to cut it down an inch, so its likely closer to 69-70 flex.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Yep.

My 60 flex was a TPS R2 which was listed intermediate but super whippy. 70 flex was a Warrior Dynasty. 75 flex was a Vapor X:60 which was stiffer than 67. All were cut down a few inches.

Next stick will be a 67 flex APX. Again, the Goldilocks thing :) Super light, super well balanced, super durable, great shot power, and the new blade with better feel? Yes, please.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I think I got too high of a flex then. its 87 lol.

maybe learning to shoot on it will help me when i buy a new stick.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
5'10.

im pretty sure ill need a lower flex rating. the stick is a bauer supreme one55 backstrom curve 87flex

Jarick

Doing Nothing
The Supremes can be a bit whippy for their rating but the lower end models might not have the same exaggerated whippiness up top.

You might be good with 75 flex, maybe 85 if you're strong. So not too far off, you should be fine.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
thanks for the tips.

ill buy a 75 when i have some money for an extra stick and ill just keep focusing on technique. maybe i should get a radar gun lol. i might get depressed when i keep seeing 20 mph though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad