Wrestling Draft Round 1: Peter Sidorkiewicz vs Morozov

Which card would you rather watch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Coming to you live from Philadelphia, PA, Wolf Cola proudly presents Liberty Brawl 3! Gordon Solie and the Quintessential Studmuffin Joel Gertner will be calling the action for those of you who weren’t able to attend this PPV for the ages! (Matches in order of the event)

Billy Kidman vs. Frankie Kazarian
(c
)
United States Title Match
A battle of two high fliers with high impact moves open our event for the U.S. Title, no cruiserweight division here. Kazarian was always considered an underrated wrestler who could never put it together, but has finally gotten a lengthy U.S. title reign. Now there is a fresh faced Kidman knocking on the door. Expect some great spots in this one in a straight up wrestling classic.

PS 1.png

The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase (c) w/ his Bodyguard 911 at Ringside vs. Tazz
Million Dollar Belt on the line

In a longstanding feud finally coming to an end, Ted Dibiase has agreed to put his Million Dollar Belt on the line, but has found his own insurance policy to appear ringside with him in 911. Tazz and 911 had a brief history in ECW and now Ted Dibiase paid a hefty sum to get the best bodyguard in the business at his side. This is a matchup of the tough hard headed human suplex machine growing up in the rough areas of Brooklyn vs. The technical master and the man with the silver spoon, The Million Dollar Man. Will the proletariat hero Tazz finally get some comeuppance and get a hold of Dibiase’s most prized possession? Let’s find out!

PS 2.png

Samoa Joe vs. Mark Henry
Two men claiming to be the biggest, baddest men in wrestling will finally lock up for the first time ever inside a wrestling ring in what some people may call a dream matchup. This is a match for pride where one wrestler can claim supremacy over the other. Will Samoa be the newest entrant into the Hall of Pain, or will Mark Henry give up to the Samoan Submission Machine? Expect a stiff match with an opening bell stare down for the ages.

PS 3.png

Christian (c) vs. Hangman Page
Intercontinental Title Match

Christian looks to defend his IC title for all his peeps out there while he takes on an up and comer in Hangman Page. Page says his time is now and Christian has peaked with his time now coming to an end. Christian vows to keep his title and that the fans will be behind him 100% as he is captain charisma, and the man who makes the IC title the most prestigious it has ever been. Will Christian have to step aside as champion to usher in a new era? Or has he not even begun to peak?

PS 4.png

Demolition (c) vs. The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes and Gordie)
Tag Team Championship

Dubbing themselves as the REAL longest reigning tag team champions of all time, Demolition prepares themselves in a knock out, drag out fight with the boys from down south, the Fabulous Freebirds. Both teams are currently proclaiming themselves the best tag-team of all time, and Demolition has said they will demolish the Freebirds just like all the demolished confederate statues being taken down. Will the Freebirds bring their newly acquired titles down south? Or will Demolition continue their own reign as the REAL longest reigning tag champs of all time?

PS 5.png

Mayu Iwatani vs. Akira Hokuto vs. Su Yung vs. Alundra Blayze vs. Toni Storm vs. Mercedes Martinez Ultimate X Match for the Vacant Women’s Championship

Yes you heard that right, for the first time ever these 6 women will go ahead in an ULTIMATE X match to crown a new women’s champion! The first woman to grab the belt hanging off the X above the ring will be declared the winner. I suggest you read up on each participant as these are some of the best women wrestling today, and also in women’s wrestling history. Who will the fans ultimately get behind, and what chaos is going to unfold? Because you damn well know it will!

PS 6.png

Kane vs. Jake The Snake Roberts
Two of the most evil competitors in wrestling history face off for the first time after a long standing feud that involved trying to kill a snake, lighting people on fire, brawls in a graveyard, and more! Finally these two will settle the score with in-ring action. Jake The Snake wants to destroy the brother of the man he could not destroy originally, and Kane is looking to send another wrestler to the depths of hell, and beyond.

PS 7.png

MAIN EVENT
Ric Flair (c) vs. Jon Moxley

World Heavyweight Championship Last Man Standing Match

The biggest and best belt in the business is defended tonight, and is defended in one of the most grueling matches a competitor can endure, LAST. MAN. STANDING. The limousine riding, jet flying, perhaps greatest of all time champion puts the championship on the line against the man who might match Flair’s win at all cost attitude, Jon Moxley. Moxley is out to prove he can not only beat the man, but beat him down and have him stay down for good. Flair says Moxley is just a poor Ohio boy who isn’t even worthy to shine his shoes and Moxley says Flair is going to feel pain he has never felt before in his life. The promos between these two to build for this main event have been fantastic, and both men are set to blow the roof off in Philly!

PS 8.png

vs

Morozov presents... with special ring announcer Michael Buffer

From a sold out NRG Stadium in Houston Texas

For the dozens posting on the forum, and the hundreds lurking at home, ladies and gentleman,
Let’s get ready to ruuuuuuumbleTexas Wrestling Massacre II: Hell in Houston​

You want mercy? take your ass to church
Having brought the gold back home at Texas Wrestling Massacre I, the Texas Rattlesnake now defends his World Heavyweight Championship strap against one of the most fiery men in the business

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin (c) vs "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Wolf Hunting
The most successful tag team in Wrestling history look to add yet another prize to their collection if they can be fast enough to catch and claim the pelts of the current champions.

"The American Wolves" Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards (c) vs "The Dudley Boyz" Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley​

Tonight, we dine in Houston!
These four men have been embroiled in a bitter blood feud that a ring could no longer contain. A monstrous 25ft six ton cell instead becomes the playground where these maniacs will finally put an end to their story. Everything is bigger in Texas, even Hell in a Cell.

Mankind vs Raven vs Jay Briscoe vs Sabu

Capital Punishment
Lethal Injection drugs are in short supply across the nation, but there'll be no shortage of them tonight.

"The Greatest First Generation Wrestler in the World" Jay Lethal vs "The Showoff" Dolph Ziggler

Reinforce the ring
620lbs of the most agile, athletic, talented and brutal big men in the game dance in the squared circle.

Bam Bam Bigelow vs Chris Hero

Whose tag is it anyway?
Beauty, brains, brawn and plenty more reasons to keep your kids away from the TV screen in this intergender tag team showcase.

Joey Ryan and Michelle McCool vs Orlando Jordan and Rosemary

Let the games begin
Viewer Discretion is advised. The Hardcore championship goes on the line in a barbed wire death match, paramedics are prepared backstage for the anticipated class IV blood loss.

Jimmy "****ing" Havoc (c) vs Mr Pogo

Guerilla Warfare
The final chapter in a bitter feud between two of wrestling's most punishing tag teams.

"The Guerillas of Destiny" Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa vs "The Eliminators" Saturn and Kronus

We the People
With the British invader having proudly paraded his European Championship across North America, the United States Champion has been forced to answer the call. Both belts go on the line in this modern day revolution.

"The Modern Day Gladiator" Nick Aldis (c) vs "The Real American" Jack Swagger (c) with Zeb Colter

Ultimate Xtravaganza
The death defying athletes of the X-Division clash in the divisions signature match. With the title dangling above the middle of the ring, one man will brave the X wires to pull down the vacant title.

Juventud Guerrera vs La Parka vs Low Ki vs Amazing Red vs Jack Evans vs The Great Sasuke vs Taka Michinoku vs Super Crazy​

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Rematch of the previous finals, this match is pretty close for me. Two cards from the better half in my eyes. I really enjoy two of Morozov's matches in particular - the four way hell in a cell match, and Bigelow vs Hero. Austin vs Piper I think would be tremendous in the build but for an actual match I'm a bit skeptical. PeterSidorkiewicz also has two matches I really like, namely Henry vs Joe and Flair vs Moxley. I like the Flair vs Moxley best out of all of the listed matches and everything else is pretty close (Morozov a bit of an in ring edge, PeterSidorkiewicz a story edge) so that's what decided it. Two good cards.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Going with PS on this one. He simply has more of what I like than Morozov. It is very close though. Piper gets a bad rep for in-ring but I think he'd work very well with Austin, considering it'd be a brawl with lots of good pro wrestling shenanigans.
A big factor for me is that I find I enjoy PS' undercard much more and that tips the scales for me.

Last edited:

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Voted Option A.

Morozov had the best main (For me, Flair vs. Mox is an odd pair to go with. I warm up to it as I think of it like it could play up like Flair/Funk, but I don't quite see Mox on that level tbh) but I much prefer Peter's undercard.

If I'm honest, Texas Wrestling Massacre II was too indie for me at a lot of points.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@Peter Sidorkiewicz : At first glance I thought "wow, this card is the best." After spending some time with this today I still think it's up there. I am probably in the minority here, but that tag team match would be great and I don't even like Demolition. LOVE that The Freebirds have the face paint when facing Demolition too. Great touch. As for the rest of the card, it all works really well and the cadence is really well done. I think a few of the opponents could have been different, or perhaps the build could have been better, but the matches for the most part really work.

@Morozov : At the end of the day one can always expect a pay-per-viewesque card from you with a lot of creativity. It doesn't always work for me the whole way down the card, but you've always got some some good matches and plenty of variety. I think your main event is excellent. I also like Guerilla Warfare and that would have been my preferred tag match on your card. And Aldis v Swagger is what I was referring to above. Still I think the card could toned down. Take the Hell in a Cell. I would have just had it be Raven vs Foley and call it a day. That alone for me would be a great match. Anyway, I think you ran into a tough first round draw here and that your card is better than some of the others that will make it out of the round.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
This was probably the toughest vote for me, shame one has to go round 1.

The names were the tie breaker for me here.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Voted Option A.

Morozov had the best main (For me, Flair vs. Mox is an odd pair to go with. I warm up to it as I think of it like it could play up like Flair/Funk, but I don't quite see Mox on that level tbh) but I much prefer Peter's undercard.

If I'm honest, Texas Wrestling Massacre II was too indie for me at a lot of points.

That is kind of funny because that was the parallel in my head, and why I wanted to do a Last Man Standing match between these two when I was envisioning what type of match they would have in the ring. I was super excited to grab these two guys at the draft position I was at. Late 80s is my favorite era of wrestling, so also in my head I always kind of envision that type of atmosphere and card when I do these things.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
If I am going to go down in the first round then at least it's to @PeterSidorkiewicz with a pretty ****ing great card.

Your card is fantastic as well. Before I ever clicked on this thread originally I was like oh shit I get Morozov? I’m most likely done since you put out fantastic cards every year.

I am pretty sure I kept liking all your picks because they’re guys i I really like too and the eliminators are so underrated. Austin and Piper is also right up my alley of my wrestling style and what I love to see.

I guess my only mention is I would liked the Raven vs Mankind matchup just straight up one on one. But overall I think you have my other favorite card in this entire draft no lie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad