Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
ColePens Presents: The REAL Evolution
CP.jpg

July 25, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Civic Arena

Main Event -- Becky Lynch (c) vs. AJ Lee (Women's Championship)

Ronda Rousey vs. Chyna (
for the "baddest woman on the planet moniker")

Asuka (c) vs. Manami Toyoto (Women's IC Title)

Paige vs. Sara Del Rey

Nikki Cross vs. Luna Vachon

Tessa Blanchard (c) vs. Rhea Ripley (NXT Women's Championship)

Gail Kim vs. Beth Phoenix

And special attraction: Beat up Moohlah Match!
Fabulous Moohlah vs. Marta Villalobos/Molly Holly/Nia Jax/Nyla Rose/Aja Kong. 5 on 1 beat the living hell out of Fabulous Moolah for pimping women out.

vs

Emperoreddy's card

SuperBrawl Saturday

John Cena vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

Awesome Kong vs Bull Nakano

Randy Orton vs Cowboy Bob Orton
(Last Man Standing match)

The Usos vs Motor-city Machineguns

Will Ospreay vs Christopher Daniels
(Ladder Match)

Reactions: KIRK and ColePens

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Wow.

This was far tougher, than what I thought it would be.

I've stared at this for like 5 minutes now.

With @ColePens I'm not sure about Becky & AJ being the main event, when you have people like Rousey, Toyota, Chyna, Blanchard on the card. It seems like those matches can bring the show to such a level in terms of quality, that Becky & AJ.... may not be able to match? But at the end of the day, that's match positioning, Becky vs AJ would still be good, and in terms of doing an All Women's card, I'm not sure you could pull it off any better, other than getting Charlotte onto the card

Looking at @Emperoreddy Daniels vs Ospreay may be the best wrestling quality between the two cards, Uso's & Sabin/Shelley would do their thing, Orton vs Orton would be incredibly fun to watch, Cena/Tanahashi speaks for itself and Kong vs Bull would be good for what it was.

This is so incredibly difficult because I think both of you nailed what you wanted to do.

I honestly need more time :laugh:

Reactions: ColePens

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Lot of love to @Disclose who helped too. My thought ever since we started doing the draft was to try and put the best womens ppv on ever. After evolution last year, i knew that i had to try.
Delivered. The top three matches could've been the closer, I lean toward Chyna Rousey as they truly are the 1 on 1 best possible top female vs top female,(not that it matters, just me lol) and Rhea vs Tessa might steal the entire show.

..and Buddy knows what's up based on certain likes of picks.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Concise matchup. ColePens was very bold to try an all women card. Credit for Toyota vs Asuka, a legitimately great match and probably the best women matchup we've ever seen in this thing. The problem is that there isn't a lot of quality depth to the history of women's wrestling yet, so one card devoted to that gimmick is tough with other GMs also taking women throughout the draft. I respect the effort and it turned out better than I expected. EmperorEddy's card feels unfinished to me, though I know that it's an attempt at an NXT style short PPV. It's significant to me that Nakano vs Kong can more than compete with any women's match on the other card short of Asuka - Toyota. Anyway, some build for either card likely would have swayed me but I ended up narrowly going with EmperorEddy's card.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
@JackSlater build up, it just posted and there's 3 days to fight for the next round, and as it stands there's not many premature...voters :)

I'm not really going to consider anything added after the deadline. If people add stuff then that's fine I suppose for entertainment purposes. I'll read whatever is posted at least.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Easily Option 2.

Option 1 offers very little in regards to variety. Not one gimmick match? Not even a tag match? The one match that isn't a straight 1v1 is a squash (and was an unfortunate waste of Aja Kong tbh); does nothing for me. Card needed match type variety in the worst way.

Only critique for @Emperoreddy is I wish he would've found a different opponent for Randy. Even if he bumped Ospreay up to the Orton match, that would be must see.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I don't like the Orton match because Bob Orton is meh in my mind but otherwise, I really dig the rest of Emp's card. I will say this though, I do tip my hat to ColePens for trying something that has never been attempted in 5 years of doing these. It was a good effort and I don't really think you card could be that much better, so a very solid draft on your part.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Orton/Ospreay was definitely heavily considered but I wanted to spread the wealth a bit, and my thinking was I wanted something for everyone.

Spot fest high octane for those who like that and a more story based psychological match for others.

I totally got the risk of t because it did leave an awesome potential match on the table.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I went with Eddy here, as I expect a lot more gaga and shenanigans and fun to be involved.

ColePens card is better than I expected, but I think he suffers having people like AJ Lee and Chyna in prominent roles and to me, I think they'd be exposed as not very good in the ring.

Reactions: KIRK and ColePens

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@ColePens : As you know women's wrestling doesn't interest me much. Still I wouldn't let that detract much if at all from a good card and in fairness I wanted to judge your card on merit. I think doing this card actually gives you an advantage because not many women will be taken early on. However I would have liked to see you take a few others, like Alexa Blyss for example and maybe do more with a Nia Jax. I do like some of the matches here though. Rousey v Chyna would a great build even if Chyna might not deliver in the ring. Asuke v Toyoto would be another really good match. I'm also a Beth Phoenix fan. At the end of the day I could never do what you did and so I have to give you credit.

@Emperoreddy : You've got some really good matches here, but it's such a small card. I think when you bowed out that there was plenty of talent to add a match or three, but I also respect how subjective this process is. I think the main event, the Ortons family feud and the tag team match are all quite good. I also like Ospreay a lot. Still I'd love some context here. Take the Ortons for example. How old are they? What's the feud about? I think that's easily done too. I don't need too much, but just something additional to spice it up a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad